Reviews for Talespinner
writertron chapter 6 . 11/2/2010
did i not review this chapter already? oops :(

this is wonderful stuff :) you blend explanations with tricksy conversations all without detracting from the very strong presence of your characters and the magic of the whole thing. truly amazing; i can hardly wait for more!
Dark Horse Writer chapter 6 . 11/1/2010
WOW, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow...

I am highly impressed. This is an amazing story, and exceedingly well-written. You have the personalities of Sarah and Jareth down pact (to a T). Wonderful. This is a new favourite for me, and I looke forward to the next part.

Jareth x Sarah :-)

Sorry, I have that in every Labyrinth review I write that involves Jareth and Sarah.

To be quite honest, this is probably one of the best fanfictions I have read in a really, really, and I mean really long time. I have been on this site for a little over two years. Even though this is fanfiction, I believe this should be a book...I would buy it, read it, and probably read it again.

Great work!
DragonReine chapter 6 . 10/30/2010
YES. The dialogue, the TENSION... PERFECT. Love how you kept things between them just tightly wound enough to show their caution about each other, but not destroy that sense of familiarity between them.
camcalli chapter 6 . 10/29/2010
Excellent update. I love the emotion you put into your descriptions. The comparison of his laugh to the texture of his gloves is amazing! I knew exactly what you meant, and it was so apt. I can't wait for their next meeting. It was interesting that Sarah held her own and yet somehow, Jareth still came out on top, in true Goblin Kingish fashion.
Osperus chapter 6 . 10/29/2010
This seems to me like a real book, not fan fiction. I almost feel the actual pages, that's how real it is to me. I adore the way you describe things. The only thing I didn't really like was the fast-paced move from her starting college to her almost graduating. It seemed to little spread over to much of time - or maybe I'm just sore because we missed her dreams.
serena221 chapter 6 . 10/29/2010
this story has potential. but i'm hoping for more of the fantisy to emerge. please update soon
broadwaygirl818 chapter 6 . 10/28/2010
The cookie monster bit was awesome. Seriously, to hear Cookie Monster being referred to as a "horror" made me laugh so hard that the people in the next room were telling me to be quiet. :)

broadwaygirl818 chapter 5 . 10/28/2010
The fact that Jareth's world is (at least partially) dependent upon Sarah is a delightful twist. LOVING it! :)

broadwaygirl818 chapter 4 . 10/28/2010
YES, Jareth's here! NOW something can happen between them! :)

Also, I really liked that you let us see a bit of Sarah's novel. It gives us more insight into her mind. Thanks for that!

broadwaygirl818 chapter 3 . 10/28/2010
Oh, my... Sarah is in over her head, but I guess that's what makes her Sarah. Gotta love her stubbornness. :)

broadwaygirl818 chapter 2 . 10/28/2010
Jareth is a creeper, not gonna lie. Still, I think that's part of what makes him so alluring: he's like a cheshire cat who wears leather and glitter and more eye makeup than the majority of women. :P So, in a word... he's epic. :D

broadwaygirl818 chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
Ooooooooooooh... I'm officially intrigued! I think the thing that's so great about it is that your Sarah is so much like the one in the movie with more maturity. And, I can't wait to see Jareth come onto the scene. :)

Nanenna chapter 6 . 10/28/2010
Oh, we have to choose a reply message? Either way, it sends a notice to my email so whichever you prefer if you feel like responding.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to say about this chapter. It was very good, well written as all of them have been, a lot of questions were answered, it was delightful seeing the two interact. But it also felt mostly like set up for the next chapter so I'm left with a feeling of satisfaction and anticipation but not much else. I am rather glad to see it, either way.
arynwy chapter 6 . 10/28/2010
I had to reread the whole 'meeting Jareth again', bit in its entirety, because they really did give each other quite a bit to think on and the tension was delicious, viewing the whole thing as one scene - which it is, in fact.

They both answered each others queries already if they only think on the conversation a bit more. I love this mature Sarah and I can see that Jareth is even more fascinated with her now. I only wonder if his personality is still being manipulated in a small way by her beliefs and expectations, or are we seeing a truer picture of who Jareth really is?

I wish you happy writing as always and I look forward to the next update.
timestitcher chapter 6 . 10/28/2010
I am loving the dialogue you write for these two. Much more complex than most fics without the standard cliched descriptions. Your Jareth is also great, dark, dangerous and tricky without being completely evil. I'll be eagerly awaiting the next installation.
621 | « Prev Page 1 .. 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 .. Last Next »