|Reviews for Talespinner|
| kzal chapter 25 . 7/7/2012
Wow, that was some trip. Ended up reading it all night. Thanks so much for this!
It was also quite interesting to read, as I had some ideas that seemed relatively unique (in my experience) for my own work (written but not yet published), which now I see in yours. Most are used differently in your tale, but the one that strikes the closest was Jareth's sanctuary being his tallest tower, protected by the Escher stairs.
| XAudra RoseX chapter 25 . 7/1/2012
I just finished reading this story and I have to say... IT'S AMAZING! I absolutely loved this story and I couldn't stop reading it. I really hope you write a sequel for this!
| lylabeth 1 chapter 8 . 6/25/2012
I guess I think of Mozart when I think of this kind of description. Jareth did not bind poor litle Moart did he?
Just kdding. reading on.
I loved this chapter and thought it was really clear what is happening. Sarah's writings are giving the Laby new life, they now are real in the sense of the Laby.
Sarah is going to have to be some kind of link between the worlds. Well, she might as well become Goblin Queen, I guess. Though that is not as important as becoming bound to the Laby so they can all survive. That is my guess.
Rest of it don't know. Music has always been a link with Faerie. in legends , anyway.
| Lylabeth1 chapter 7 . 6/23/2012
This was a good filler chapter and here we go. We are getting into dangerous ground now. The Labyrinth and Jareth are in trouble, real trouble, right? Imean that is rather how I am gauging it at this point. I am not the world's greatest speller so if it is not right forgive, I have no spell check at ths point and I tend to review quickly. I can barely see it and blush at some of the things that don't seem to make it in review. Well, anyway, now really I have GOT to go to sleep. I am like Sarah I have spet until almost down with the GK and Sarah.
| Lylabeth1 chapter 5 . 6/23/2012
1 rewarded by his barely-checked start of surprise. Ah yes Sarah keep that Goblin King guessing. I would love to see her reach out, tip his chin, and say, ' Trying to catch flies are we Jareth?" His mouth really did not gap, just alittle surprised, and she saw it, that's good. Clever girl. Goblin King's Queen is worthy of him. Is he of her? We'll see.
not review as much this chapter as I was so intent on reading and will leave it at that complement andto bed. Reading rest tomorrow and will finish then. Hope you have some more good stories.I did read alternate ending to this first and I have to say do not want Goblin King to die. Or was that some other. I am a bit confused right now.
READ THE THIRTEENTH RIDER
| Lylabeth1 chapter 4 . 6/23/2012
1, Glad to know that you made Sarah a more normal girl by giving her a boyfriend that we did not have to meet. So he was NOT the Goblin King. THANK GOOODNESSSS. That theater thing has been done to DEATH in fics. I like her beng a writer much, much more. More people, especially since they are reading on here can relate to that.
is very important and it always bugs me when there is not any. If someone who were reading a lot of fic from Labyrinth had never seen it before, in most fics they would not know what in the heck was going on right?
opened her mouth to say his name, but the word was left unspoken as he kissed her.
...bad Goblin king, bad, bad, bad, bad, uhh, sort of like a sucubus isn't he, oh, well, whatever, a Leann Sidhe? A sylph? Well, here he is but I woudl so much feel better if he were in the flesh and not in just dreams. I hope this whole is not just dream sequences. Theyhave to meet physically at some point. Although, maybe they have.
4In a voice that was a lion's purr cut by a razor, he spoke. ohhhh yesss where did you come up with THAT. Best part of fic, for sure, that statement. It's perfect.
5. I am so glad that she is out of college, Jareth had come, and I could not have waited that long to call him for heavens sakes! Here we go. Finally. Good build and not just dreams anymore. It is darn four in am and Ineed to go to bed, but i have to read one more chapter.
| Lylabeth1 chapter 3 . 6/23/2012
1. I hope everyone has a professor like the one in this story. I was lucky to have some great ones all the way from history to geat conversations like Sarah with them. Miss them. Most are long gone.
2 Kill that darn ' duck' alarm. I know this is finished or I would suggest you do that in fic so everyone would feel good about it that ever wanted to do it. I think I've done it a few times.
3 Much Ado About Nothing. Oh, my, one of my fav plays by Mr. S.. Saw it in Startford-upon-Avon. I studied when younger at Royal Shakespeare Academy. It did not stick. Was school exchange project. Don't think stupid professor even read our work. Everyone in class, graduate students mostly, got an A and a B. It was the only B i ever recieved in English. Teacher exclaimed we were all so boring and didn't get out to party with her that she did not feel we experienced ' life' enough. That is a reason for giving twelve hard working grauate students a B. Gee. Had any professors like that? If not, you are lucky. Give me an eccentric, fair one any DAY OF the WEEK. Like your professor encouraging Sarah very much. Uh oh, what is her dad doing to say?
4. You protray Robert Williams a lot stronger than anyone else I have ever seen. They are so darn mundane, just like a suburbia couple settled in for the long haul.
5. I am not amused - Robert Williams with shades of the Goblin King. HAHA
like Sarah is dreaming her way slowly thought the it time no wished away child. Maybe she is trying to catch up with her dreams. i hope real Goblin KIng appears soon and not just in DREAMS
7Oh, no, dont TELL ME the GOBLIN KING IS OBERON! Maybe you are teasing us.
8. Okay, here's one to make you laugh, when they did Midsummer Night's Dream in Startford in 1978 who do you think played OBERON, who later was a much beloved captai of the Enterprise. Yes , Patrick Stewart, complete with long, straight wig, looking like an American Indian in buckskins. For heavens sakes. The fairies were all dressed in costumes that later might have made their way into Oona in Legend. They were SCARY.\\
9. Best chapter yet. Moving on.
| Lylabeth1 chapter 2 . 6/23/2012
1. Sarah's internal debate squad - good chuckles. Again, everybody can relate.
2. Good giggles over the flipflops. I have a pair. Ughhhh.
3. U are doing such a good job building the plot slowly, but surely, without too much darn descriptive detail. i Think people like to start with a few fly away words, but it is so much better to keep it was darn simple as possible, while doing really good storytelling.
4. Looking forward to King J's appearance.
| Lylabeth1 chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
1. Are we clear?" I can just see this in my head. Great way to get going. It reminds me so much of my brother in law lecturing his daughter about being a theater major. Yes, now she has to go back and get a business degree seeing at last she is not going to burn up the stage. HAHA. So this is utterly right on life
2. Strange you have her a writer. I have been studying the Rowling woman to base Sarah on her in my fic I have her attacked by overly enthusiastic fans and she moves to Howth district of Ireland to gain some anonymity You know in Ireland they are not near so impressed with stars in anything. It is easy there to walk down the street for someone like Brad Pitt, say. Also, the mounds are there that are supposed to be entrances to the underground kingdoms of the Fae. Hard to set that in United States though we do have plenty of Indian mounds where I live.
3. Back to story. Loving it. I love a good, well written fic.
4. They can't stay grumpy forever." You put in bits of humor we can all relate to, for who has not argued with their parents over something in just this way, maybe not school, maybe a job, or the person they are dating, or the friends they have choosen to hang out with. Good job.
you like the tale of Tam Lin go look up Robert Kirk. If you do not know that story it is fascinated. This is what my novel was supposed to be about and I was so tempted to make him the storyteller in my fic. It just gets too long and though I think it the best thing i have ever written involving Kirk with Jareth, I abandoned it. It introduces ' taking away' and ' the second sight' which Kirk was. Seventh son of a seventh son and all that. I do not know as much about Thomas the Rhymer. Maybe that is something I need to study but he has never interested me.
6. Such a good tale going on. Back to story.
7. Ah Sarah needs to listen to the wisdom of a six year old. Out of the mouth's of babes and all that. I like how you portray them together.
or Jareth the owl feather and the crystal. I put my ' career' on back burner for twenty years so here I am having accomplished nothing, only a few awards here and there, thoug one was a state writing award That was still ten years ago. I'll just read everyone else's and hopefully get inspired.
9. An engineer. No, you need to be trying to come with original things and get published. Do you kwow how hard it is to connect with public and make them CARE and you can do that with your characters. You have a lot of if it is not perfect editing, some of the keys on my computer seem to have a backward mind.
| your fan chapter 25 . 6/20/2012
your writing is astounding and addictive.
| Mari92 chapter 9 . 5/10/2012
Teasing dialog, it fits both their personality I would think and the story. I wish... Well, it's way beyond good. I could see it... the pictures of this chapter... I have no words for it.
| Mari92 chapter 4 . 5/10/2012
Oh now I'm starting to get excited, what will happen now? Oh I can't wait until I find out.
| Mari92 chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
You know I got to this story while searching another author's favorites list and I must say that this chapter alone is worth thousands of stories.
The strangest was it felt like it talked directly to ME or the reader in general. In the place I'm in now describes pretty much how Sarah is feeling. The connection in my mind is so strong and I'm getting a little teary eyed because I couldn't have described the situation better myself.
Keep writing! With this wonderful style of yours!
| sheetah chapter 25 . 4/23/2012
What a great story! I enjoyed reading it very much! Thank you and keep it up! :D
| unami chapter 25 . 4/15/2012
An amazing twist on the story. I know this story is over a year old and your writing will always change with time, but please allow me to voice my one and only critique: the formality of your conversational language. The uses of "latter" and "former", for example, do well in written descriptions and public speeches; however, very few people use them in everyday conversations. I have this problem as well, especially when writing a story alongside research papers.
Long rant over
Once again great story. I hope to see more from you.