Reviews for Talespinner
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 8 . 3/14/2012
Nice atmsopheric scene. Very curious how she can drift into the Labyrinth at will, or so it seems. And also curious that they were also having a dance party. Hmm...
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 7 . 3/13/2012
I'm finally getting around to picking this back up after having started it before the holidays. I loved the imagery in this chapter - so many lovely details. Too many people skimp on the details when they write. It's all about the details! :) And I loved the Ludo-as-the-minotaur thing. I'm very curious about all these little hints and plot pieces poking their heads up. I'll have to read at least a chapter every night until I finish. :)
dolcedot chapter 8 . 3/8/2012
your a/n was almost as entertaining as the chapter - excellent on all accounts
dolcedot chapter 7 . 3/8/2012
uh, oh...sounds like Jareth needs a queen! Excellent story - loving every 'page'!
SweetUnknown chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Think you can stand to be on another favorites list? Of course you can! Lol, an absolutely terrific story. Can't wait for your next one! :)
mongoose-bite chapter 25 . 2/3/2012
It took me three days to read the whole thing. A lovely and inspiring piece of work. Nice pacing, solid, evocative descriptions and first class characterisation. I really sensed you had a story to tell, and you told it wonderfully.
KW Jordan chapter 25 . 1/7/2012
You've painted a tale I'll never forget. Every time I watch the movie from now on, I'll think of this story. Thank you!
KW Jordan chapter 2 . 1/7/2012
I know it's finished, but I decided to answer your plea for a review. I'm loving this. Your style of writing actually makes it easier for me to slip into the fantasy world this story is built in, wherein you've actually got style, unlike so many of the writers I've come across. *cringe* It sounds so mean when I say it, but honestly, I'm a writer as well, and every time I see major spelling or grammar mistakes in a story, it causes my mind to pause to correct it internally, and that gets old when it happens so constantly as is often the case with amature writing.

I may not give much on reviews after this, because, well, when I get into a story, I REALLY hate having to pause even long enough to go to the next chapter. I just wanted to take the time to let you know I'm definitely enjoying what I've seen so far. I'll give a review at the end, definitely, though. :)
Azhwi chapter 25 . 1/2/2012
Absolutely love it!

Aside from the various references to games and stories all over the geekdom, FANTASTIC writing!

Atmosphere, tension, wonder, joy, triumph, achingly harsh situations and choices - all bound together with some incredible phrases.

Well done!
Azhwi chapter 10 . 1/1/2012
Strahd!

I love you! My ex used to host Ravenloft games, but it got cut off because he went on to be a full-time bouncer at the night clubs. He's still scurrying to this day, though he swears that the game will eventually continue. And yes, we were all goths, and geeks and club goers at that time.

He had the sexiest accent for Strahd too, should have been illegal...

Love the descriptions of the rose vines on Sarah's arms. If I were bolder and less concerned about a day-job, those tattoos would definitely be candidates!
smileyfacebabe chapter 25 . 12/26/2011
Hello!

I would just like to say you're an amazing writer and I enjoyed your story ten time over! I loved all the references to games, like the World of Warcraft boss battle dream and the scenes where Sarah danced, both in the mortal realm and the faerie one. The references to mythology, the unique tale, the beautiful words, the wonderful characters, the strong attitude Sarah has and the wicked, yet lovely attitude of Jareth...

I just loved this story.

It didn't answer all my questions, but I think I prefer it that way. It gives me room to think and add in a bit of my own fantasy and that is what a truly wonderful piece of writing should do; it should make you dream.

So I have to thank you, heartily, because this story has snagged my heart and ignited my dreams.

Thank you, so much.

I wish you the best possible day and I hope you take care.

I also hope you find something in your day to ignite your dreams and make you smile like this story did for me.

UndergroundDaydreams chapter 6 . 12/23/2011
Very much enjoyed their conversation. Looking forward to reading more over the holiday when I get the chance to sneak away from the family festivities. ;)
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 5 . 12/22/2011
I decided I deserved a treat and read one more chapter before bed. ;) Oh, how I love Jareth. :) He's just delicious.
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 4 . 12/21/2011
Yay! Jareth has come! But now I have to go to bed so it will have to wait for tomorrow. :

I followed the "real life" time jumps easily, but got a bit tangled with how the dreams matched up. It seemed to be a continuing story in the dream at first and then it wasn't. But I suppose I should keep reading and perhaps I'll get my answers. ;)

Nice chapter. :)
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 3 . 12/21/2011
Laurel is a nice OC. I quite like her. Oberon, hmm?
611 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »