Reviews for Rising Signs
Doxa Anima chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Nice job combining the Synchro Killers and the Earthbound Gods. It will be very intresting to see who comes out on top
Blaze1662001 chapter 3 . 12/24/2010
I am so glad you updated this. This chapter is just as good as the other two and I cannot wait to see where you go with this.
pippa-pie chapter 3 . 12/23/2010
Amazing. I love this chapter. I can't find anything wrong with it...just, again, Rua calls Aki 'Aki-neeCHAN'. I thought it was neesan? Ah well, just ignore me...I'm all mixed up.

Everyone is very in character - Crow's disgust at Divine for what he did to children, Bruno's genius coming through, the part where Carly awkwardly tries to laugh...yep.

My favorite part, possibly, is when Carly describes her death. "I died here..." Beautiful passage.

I don't know much about science and all that, so I can't really comment on the correctness of Bruno's explanation.

Keep writing! _
janus-juan chapter 3 . 12/23/2010
Holy cow! This chapter was so awesome and highly detailed. You kind of confused me on the laws of physics thing Bruno did near the end. The suspense was killing me and I had to give it my all not to die at the cliffhanger you gave us. I saw hints of Crow/Aki relationship. Though I like Yusei/Aki more, the romance was greatly done. One thing though, it's Ylliaster and Yusei, but other than that the rest was incredible. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next. Oh and sorry if something is mispelled but I am typing this from my cell phone.
My Thyla My Captain chapter 3 . 12/23/2010

I mean. Wonderful work. Plz continue.

KuraOkami13 chapter 2 . 12/12/2010
Wonderful chapter! Absolutely amazing! Call me cruel but I just LOVE that inner turmoil with Carly and Aslla Piscu. And THANK YOU! FINALLY someone who remembers Rudger's arm. Lucciano was pretty cool here too.

...pardon my lack of shipname knowledge, but what's Giftshipping?
jenuinetears chapter 2 . 10/20/2010
Finally got the time to review this

It'd be a lie to say that I'm not confused right now... but I am most definitely enjoying this. The different PoV's are very IC.

The "dream" part was very interesting. The little details in here are one of the best parts, I think- how Luciano had consulted the secrets of the sheet of paper, how Crow is not that great at texting, calling Aki's hair a barrier, calling texts flying envelopes, and all the other things.

Aki's realization. I'm glad that it took some time and wasn't rushed. Carly and Jack, Carly and Jack- once that thought entered, it would all make sense.

Luciano and Carly. Exciting, dramatic, and Luciano is perfectly himself. It was a joy to read, how Luciano actually felt pain, and just the attack itself, Carly and the god, the ending, how she took control again- and then Luciano loses consciousness.

Your writing is such a joy to read. I'm grown so accustomed to the illiteracy of fanfiction nowadays. Word choice is excellent, and I just really enjoy your style- sentences always have just enought detail but not too much at once, and it's just so exciting and a wonderul read.

I can't wait for chapter 3.

Blaze1662001 chapter 2 . 10/19/2010
This is a very interesting idea and Ive really enjoyed what you have written so far. You have captured the characters perfectly in my opinion. Reading the first two chapters was like watching an episode of the show. I can not wait to read more!
Totallystarstruck chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
Great Chapter

lookin forward to the next one!
Karone11 chapter 2 . 10/11/2010
I loved the second chapter! Good Work! Can't wait for more! :)

Sorry if my review isn't that long...
Karone11 chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
D mn that was a good chapter! I've been wanting to read it, but didn't have the time because of school. It was written so wonderfully that it flowed very well. Can't wait to read the next chapter right now! :D
Shadowalais chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Wow. It's only the first chapter and I'm already blown away. You're off to an impressive start. And this fic is an absolute joy to read. It's very exciting and suspenseful. It definitely has me on the edge of my seat. Also, I deeply enjoy seeing some of our speculation come together.

Anyway, about what I loved about the chapter:

Well, I'll start off with Kazuma. I think it's awesome that the first chapter is told in his narrative. He's a character we don't see much of in the show. He's only showed up a handful of times, which is why I think it's really cool that this chapter is told in his voice. I really liked how you branched out his character. We know that Kazuma's reckless, but you showed how rash Kazuma can be. Like the fact that Kazuma has a reputation of being odd, or that he was the first one to drive off into the Duel Highway. And especially when Kazuma tried to mimic Jack's D-wheel Riding antics by using that haphazard ramp. These actions that show Kazuma's recklessness and how impatient he can be make the character come alive. In addition, Kaji plays a great foil to Kazuma since Kaji is not a risk taker.

I also liked the fact that Kazuma doesn't really know what's going on. He has no clue what a Dark Signer is, so he doesn't understand why Mikage is so worried.

Not to mention, I thought it was cool that the chapter starts out like an unfinished puzzle. There are many questions, few answers. We know the basic gist of what's going. That a Dark Signer and Machine Emperor dueled one another. As the chapter progresses, the details become clearer while Kazuma is driving down the lane that the Dark Signer and Machine Emperor dueled. And Kazuma starts to pieces together information by judging the appearance of the Duel Highway; however, Kazuma doesn't get the big picture, the puzzle isn't complete, until he reaches Jack and Carly. It was suspenseful and thrilling. Though there still are many questions that need to be answered. Like why was Carly and Jose dueling one another? How did Carly become a Dark Signer? I look forward to seeing the answers to these questions.

I feel so bad for Carly. She's been missing a month and has no idea where the time went. She's very confused and she's in her Dark Signer attire and Jack's badly injured.

Jack sacrificing himself for Carly is definitely something he would do. I also liked the brief flashback of Jack and Kazuma's dialogue from episode 106. It was neat that Kazuma finally realized who Carly was since there's only a handful of people who Jack would take such a hit for.

Luciano showing up at the end of the chapter certainly was a surprise. His presence and his statements definitely rubbed salt into the wound. Particularly when Carly realized Jack wasn't breathing. Man, that cliffhanger is brutal. Downright evil.

Overall, I thought this chapter was a fantastic read. I can't wait for the next installments since I know that they are going to be phenomenal. I'm curious how this story is going to deviate from the show's time line. You're doing an excellent job and keep up the amazing work!
janus-juan chapter 2 . 10/11/2010
Dang, these two chapters have been really addicting. They put you at the edge of your seat. Can't believe what's going on with Jack and Carly. Please update soon!
JackAtlasBItch chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
This looks good can't wait until next chap!
Valentine'sNinja chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
I'm really curious to see where this story is going. I like the different storyline you're using and the fact that even a stranger realized who Carly was without Jack having to say anything. There are so few JackCarly stories still out there that I was glad I found this one. Please update soon!