Reviews for Demon Hunter: Outland
J chapter 23 . 6/8/2017
HAHAHA. The first few paragraphs are gold. "...you soloed botanica? Hey! You can't ninja! You don't even need the item!" "So? I might respec. Complain to a GM or cry on the forums." Poor Saire. Love it.
J chapter 22 . 6/8/2017
This was by far the best chapter yet, wow. I loved how Puros was still there, as Nex's conscience somewhere inside of him, and how the naaru "fought" back simply by pulling out images of everything Nex didn't want to think about or let himself realize consciously. And I liked how using the illidari stone drew him closer to metamorphosis, and how he doesn't know yet what that actually means for him. This one was so good. The description of the naaru and his POV bit at the end were excellent, too.
J chapter 21 . 6/6/2017
Still an excellent story that provides me with tons of amusement during slow work periods. This all makes me nostalgic for the Burning Crusade expansion, and having read a number of the WoW books at some point since then, the differences and similarities are interesting.

Nex's page dying was sad, and the resurrection was unexpected and amusing, and it looks like Nex has a bigger heart than he lets on. I enjoy all the ongoing antagonism between him and the blood elves, and the netherdrake chapters brought back memories of the whole netherwing grind.

I love this story all around, most of all how it seeks to explain events that we didn't see on screen, like exactly how TK and the dungeons fell into blood elf hands, and bringing in the Consortium is pretty interesting too. Brings me back to all the questing in Netherstorm.
J chapter 5 . 5/19/2017
Oh no! I really liked the rivalry between Nex and Puros. They're cool foils for each other and remind me a bit of the relationship between Maiev and Illidan, only with some ten thousand years less history. I was kind of hoping to see them ultimately working together now and again, begrudgingly, because they're on the same side in this world against all of the demons, at least when Illidan isn't watching. Guess he might not actually be dead but it's a shame it ended like that. I wanted Puros to make it to Shattrath. Sure he was kind of a dick and not always reasonable, but he meant well. I guess that's a pretty apt descriptor for everyone in Warcraft history, though.
simple405 chapter 28 . 9/10/2016
Still wondering if this series ever got published. It is good work and on par with the ones I've read before.
simple405 chapter 27 . 9/10/2016
Oh how I've missed them too, but everything was so focused on magic.
simple405 chapter 26 . 9/10/2016
The Second Sight will definitely make things harder early on for Nex.
simple405 chapter 25 . 9/10/2016
Semantics are one of the most treacherous things in the world.
simple405 chapter 24 . 9/10/2016
I am definitely worried for Nex and that broken dragon too. I also can't believe this thought came up so late, but isn't Iliran an undead with a perfectly preserved body?
simple405 chapter 23 . 9/10/2016
I wonder why Saire let Valensar take the sword in the first place. The joke in there was really funny to read. It might just be her pun ishment. Thankfully Ilinar has an uncle figure in Hardal or at least a guardian.
simple405 chapter 22 . 9/10/2016
I really sympathize with the naaru.
simple405 chapter 21 . 9/10/2016
I wonder how the school tour was ignorant of the attack.
simple405 chapter 20 . 9/10/2016
Suicide missions meant to tie up loose ends are really regretful to the one who does so unknowingly.
simple405 chapter 19 . 9/10/2016
Nex still has some vestiges of being a child in him, mainly in his insecurities but that is because of his general isolation.
simple405 chapter 18 . 9/9/2016
I am seriously worried for Karynaku. Stormrage is still as ruthless as ever.