Reviews for One Wish
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
A great story. Very well written.
R.G.B.The.Duckie chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
I really enjoyed this story. I liked how you choose to use the title in the story. I think they dialogue between Dumbledore and Fawkes was very well written. Good job!
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
That was an interesting story - sweet concept, and your portrayal of Fawkes was original. I liked the summary of Harry's life because you made it seem very Fairy Tale-esque, which added an element of mystery to the wish. Well done.
Ouch Charlie chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
i liked the way you formatted this!

it's a really good fanfic!
TayaCurragh chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
This is kind of strange, but I like it :) It's interesting to see something from Dumbledore's point of view for once, and I liked the wish and the last line, it was good. It's a bit weird having Fawkes talk but it makes sense with the story, the only thing I noticed wrong is you left out a few question marks when Fawkes was asking questions. But overall I like it :)
ToManyLetters chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
The concept is a nice one, but the delivery left me wishing for something more solid.

Several nitpicks:

Fawkes is a phoenix - at no point in the series do we see him speak, nor anything like it. In -Chamber of Secrets- when it would have been most useful, he still speaks "bird" only, no English.

Dumbledore has never been afraid to speak Voldemort's name. In fact, this, among other things, is one of the reasons that Voldemort was afraid of Dumbledore, rather than the opposite.

"You-Know-Who" should be capitalised as I have it there.

In the first half of the story, it seems Fawkes already knows the story. Why is Dumbledore telling it to him in the first place?

'Sorry me boy' is speech of lower class than Dumbledore's. He would have said, "Sorry, my boy," - if he said anything to that effect to begin with. I'm inclined to believe he would have just cut that part off entirely.

The story's telling is a little disjointed. It took me a while to even realise that in the latter half of the story, Harry is actually at the Dursley's - on the first several read-throughs, I had assumed he was still at his house in Godric's Hollow, from context clues.
The Fourth Black Sister chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Good story. This was an interesting take of Dumbledore's views on Harry. Great job and I love the title. :D
Slytherin Head chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Nicely done. Good job on this though I do suggest having someone to look it over for the small grammatical , good story and thank you for participating in my challenge.