Reviews for The Secret of My Partner's Success
Funky In Fishnet chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
A delightful UNCLE fic. I love the POV and how Kuryakin realizes Solo's gift for getting to know women so well. It's a really wonderful fic. Thanks for sharing it :)
geordie grey chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
A delightful entry.

In particular, I loved the humorous (and absolutely true) observation that sometimes there are people whose appeal can only be expressed "gastronomically."
RoseLight chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
A wonderful piece. The writing style provides crisp images of setting and mood,and sharp characterizations of even the minor players. The plot is simplicity itself,totally plausible. And Solo's Secret? YES!we all exclaim. It's the perfect answer and so true to his character. And also true that none of the others bother to crack the code. The description of Solo's little black book (contents and potential auction value) and his room (the usual ropes and trapeze)is priceless. And Solo's kind bait-and-switch offer to IK is an endearing detail.
karonkgb chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
May I stand up and applaud? Such depth of insight into femininity, men, UNCLE agents and the souls of Napoleon and Illya. Your handling of the writing craft is superb. I eagerly read each sentence from the rising action to the climax.

As a woman I can say Napoleon shows a depth of insight by taking the time to understand and value women-rare among the male gender I am said am sad to say.

Napoleon does not see women as fellows with equal rights, mimicking some stylizes gender in the name of equal rights. Women given to down playing or outright holding their femininity in disdain instead of glorifying their uniqueness and acting on it. That would be the Emperor parading about naked and his courier bragging on his glorious robes.

Napoleon's gallantry and chivalry, set in the foundation of Medieval view of how God's universe works, with male and female's differences illuminating and glorifying the one another. At the joust it was the courtiers trained in all noble arts of the genteelly and utterly lethal in questions of battle and war. Ladies lead such knights forth to joust after binding them with golden chains. Napoleon wants and expect women to be feminine in dress and behavior without selling short their intellect or their worthy.

Therefore, Napoleon can see April Dancer not as some kind of male equal, but as a female in her own right with unique skills and intuition. Intuition established by the greater number of connections between the left and right brain.

Males and females compliment one another thereby strengthening their strength and upholding one another in their weakness. More powerful in a union that as separate agents.