Reviews for The Return
Vi Janaway chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
So very beautiful...loving, well-written. Ardeth is my favorite character.
aradiaeva chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
Beautiful story
AinoHoshi chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
You have truly captured how I envision Ardeth with his wife, if he had one. And I agree with you in that duty isn't always a pleasent experience. I mean, Ardeth is a warrior and he knows that there are times he has to fight and kill, to protect those he loves, however that doesn't mean he is absolved from feeling the agony of having to take a life, regardless of who it is. In truth, I think that that agony we feel, is what keeps human, and prevents us from not turning into someone sociopath, who only lives to kill. I hope you write some more one-shots about Ardeth and his family.
fags and coffee chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
That was beautiful. Great job!
Blue Eyes At Night chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
A Easily the best Ardeth fic on this site! Congratulations, you've managed to make him human. You've done the character justice, and i thank you for this. I hope you'll write more about him, possibly more one-shots? Possibly him looking at his child? I dunno its up to you but reading this makes me wish you had many more vignettes I could read.

i hope to see more from you.
RosePhoenix chapter 1 . 3/14/2005
Wow. This is the best Ardeth story I've read. There were some very minor things that disrupted the flow a little, but the whole thing is so good I barely noticed. I loved that part about woman being part human part goddess. You're definetly going on my favorites list.
shadoewhunter chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
beautiful. good job!
DarkFirePR chapter 1 . 11/19/2003
Nice story. Sweet and caring. ;P
CupOfAngst chapter 1 . 7/16/2003
Wow such a beautiful story. I love the way you write. _ Great job.

Serena1221 chapter 1 . 7/5/2003
You were on MM's list of favorites with this. I agree.

I love this line...

My leader, my lover, my king–I save you from yourself.

Nakhti chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
Oh bloody hell, this is really stirring stuff! see what you mean about the prose poetry definition.

i love your way with language, its really luxurious and your descriptions are so sensual and tactile;

'The fabric parted, falling loosely about his shoulders. It revealed the rippling muscles of his shoulders, leading down to his strong, broad chest. His hair fell in waves, black against the dusky copper of his skin.'

oh! im getting goose bumps over for Oded fehr!he is so sexy!

But then your descriptions are intersperesed with little philosophical musings like:

'To stop a monster, what do we become ourselves?'

I loved that line.

'As every woman I am part human, part Goddess, the other half of your soul. You turn to me for salvation.'

Ever read the passion of new eve? i dont know why this bit reminded me of that messed up feminist novel, but i think you could be a budding earth mother.

this was a really nicely written scene, do more Ardeth stuff!
Candy Sith chapter 1 . 4/4/2003
Well, that was strange. Not the story, the fact that I could swear I reviewed this before! I opened it up in the file you sent and recognized it...and after acting like I hadn't read it, I felt like a dork so came to make sure I reviewed...and it's not there! :O

Well, enough sillyness. This was beautiful. So very beautiful and after everything he goes through and does for the good of his people, it's nice to see him have something to return to. You've done an excellent job here, as per usual, and aye, it sickens me that I cannot be that woman. ;) Simply beautiful moment and great quality.
Dawn369 chapter 1 . 3/10/2003
I came upon this while looking for something on ffnet and must say that this is beautifully written. You captured the soul of the man.
Marcher chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
I was searching the Mummy pages looking for good, strong fics on Ardeth and came across this. I don't know how I managed to miss this when you posted it so long ago.

It's so full of emotion. Of love, honour, duty and regret. Excellent writing. The deep strength of what I imagine to be Ardeth's character doesn't get addressed nearly enough. Well done!
Miss Late Bloomer chapter 1 . 1/2/2003
I loved this. It had romance in it, but it was a romantic piece. You didn't try to turn it into anything it wasn't. You told a story of a man stuggling with duty and guilt, and needing comfort, helping prove even more that he's human. Great job!