Reviews for One
game-on-panda chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
I've had to read this piece a few times before I could review it. You've done something pretty intense and incredible with this story, and I think you've managed to shatter my heart a little bit with the last few paragraphs. The POV makes this story all the better, as it feels like the rational part of Shaun is battling with the emotionally entangled part of him, while he slowly watches Desmond fade away. You've written a beautifully reflective and sad story here, and I think it's outstanding. I look forward to reading more of your work. You've got some amazing talent on display.
Pish chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
This is gorgeous, love. The use of the second-person was well planned and the flow of sentences was smooth. Efficient, intense, and just as terribly sad as it is lovely, thank you for the piece.
iamthewordshaker chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
This is so brilliant, and your writing style is amazing, really. And I think you did everything just perfectly, with Shaun and Desmond and I loved the second person, and just - ugh, I loved everything.
Kayleigh Gray chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Oh, this is amazing. Beautiful, beautiful prose. The ending got me. You could just feel that secret burst of hope that Shaun couldn't help but have, and the way the bleeding effect influenced their relationship is so sad, I just. Yeah.

Bloody White Rabbit chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Fucking. Loved. This! Amazing, pretty damn angsty... and our poor Des is messed up, but he's trying dammit!
YaoiSongstress07 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Beautiful. Strikingly, amazingly beautiful.
Heian Edenwood chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Extremely well done and intense. You captured the essence of the characters and their (Desmond's particularly, in those few lines) desperation and despair.

I' not particularly fond of Avril Lavgne but your little fic reminds me of "Slipped Away". It's meaningful. :)
miss-cold chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Beautiful and sad. Holding onto something that can't ever be whole again. I love it.
M. Monster chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Bro I have to say the last three paragraphs are definitely my favorite. Desmond is still at a stage of recognition but not connection and how Shaun is so desperate for him to be *Desmond* again.

I was sniffling at work when Shaun had to admit he didn't know if Desmond loved him.

My boss was like "Emily, what the hell."

And I was all "B'AWW TONY."

And he didn't even compliment my hair.

BUT BRO GOD YOU ARE SO FUCKING GOOD AND AMAZING AND I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU LONG AND HARD AND ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT