Reviews for Be Brave, Sweetheart
Johanna I'm not kidding chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
This was absolutely horrifying.

The writing was beautiful and you had just enough discription without going overboard, but such a heartbreaking story. God. I need tissues.
Masquerading with Shadows chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
This is probably the best story I've read about Haymitch's girlfriend (and there aren't nearly enough, so thank you so, so much for writing about her). Her character is so fleshed out and real, and I absolutely love their relationship. Your writing is lovely and the continuation of "Be brave, sweetheart" makes my heart ache and makes me want to cry. This was beautiful, well done.
marblesharp chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
(I favorited this without reviewing, and I'm so sorry about that. Really. It must have been 3am or something and I just forgot, because these kinds of stories deserve reviews.)

Choosing to write this in second-person was an interesting decision. You made it work, definitely, by avoiding having to name Haymitch's girlfriend or anyone else who was nameless in the actual series.

I loved the bit about his 'tells', because it showed how well she knew him while it also shed light on Haymitch, in his Hunger Games.

Haymitch executing them himself was so dark - good work! Snow would do force him to do something like that. D:

All in all, this is a very well-written fic and you did an excellent job. :D
Howlynn chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Very dramatic and I like the torture thing - I had sort of planned a similar thing in one of mine where Katniss was forced to kill someone to save them pain - but it didn't work out in the story I wrote...lol. but yours was very good. Just makes you want to scream - leave him alone and let him drink!
Leia 96 chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
wonderful. amazing. heart breaking. i want to read it again. well done you!
turtleducklings chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Oh wow. Oh wow wow wow. Gahh. That was great.

"Ten minutes since his name had come from the Reaping, and he's grown a hundred years.

Now your tears aren't all from your pain, but some of it is aching pity, too."

YES. Just... yes. You portrayed the emotion amazingly well in that passage. Also:

"His words remind you of when he was leaving to the Capitol after the Reaping. Except that time, you were the one to say the words.

This time, he's the one crying. And you're the one going to die."

Gahh. So heartbreakingly ironic. It's beautiful.

This was great. Your OC hardly seemed out of place, I felt she was completely canon. Amazing job.

*favorites*

-Demigod
AnnetheV chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
That was. . .beautiful. And sad, of course. I liked the way you presented it in second person too. I'll admit, I was a little wary when I saw it was an "OC", but I liked it.

Thanks, AnnetheV
Cheaward chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Oh so sad.

I like the idea that she's the one who called Haymitch 'sweetheart' all the time. It says something about the affection he (must:P) have for Katniss.

-Chea
sliz225 chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
Short, sad . . . perfect.
waterpeach4 chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
The Capitol is terrible, and you showed that perfectly. :'( This made me so sad, but it was still a great read.
bella-sk8er chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
aww :( poor Haymitch.. but I could so see that happening..
mockingjay1199 chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
That was absolutely amazing. I am sobbing right now. I love how you use "sweetheart", and how you reverse the roles at the end. This is an incredibly touching story.
Paperback-Insomniac chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
i really wasn't expecting this to be good bu ti was soo wrong, this was amazing and tragic, but still amazing.
Cutlery Pieces chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
I always do enjoy your HG work. Once again, I am not let down by your brilliant prose. Keep it up, Tubby. :DD

M'dear, you should try play with that fellow Boggs, next. Since you like destroying obscure characters. _

CP.
Rendered Quiet chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
This was an interesting use of tense and second-person. I liked the loop it made. Tied things up very nicely.

Poor Haymitch. :'(