Reviews for Man of Dreams
Oh my god. This was just. Amazing.
Laudi14 chapter 24 . 1/26
Wow I like it but one question the dream was that the real Madara o was it just a dream? I didn't get that
yj chapter 1 . 11/28/2014
good
TrebleTwenty chapter 24 . 10/6/2014
I got to a certain point in my reread but I got too upset and had to read the omake instead
I don't know why I do this to myself
write-notright chapter 24 . 7/24/2014
The little omakes at the end were so sweet :')
Hunter's Way chapter 24 . 7/23/2014
seriously, the half niece stuff was confusing but whatever, that's not the point. This fic is completely amazing and blew me to my feet. Those short sentences fitted with Hashirama's personality perfectly and Madara was well, amazing because his personality was amazing as well and the omake chapter was amazing. this story was amazing.
JJGS chapter 4 . 7/14/2014
I'm not sure if the way I phrase this review will ever convey the extent of how bowled over I was by how you wrote the concept of same-gender love amongst the Senju in Chapter 4. Man of Dreams. That is the most lovely and crushing name to call the concept of love outside the norm. It captured so much in three words, a feat I wouldn't have thought possible. "Man of Dreams" embodied the wariness I expect from others if they knew I loved someone of the same gender as me. It is the concept of a perverted sexual deviant that many fear. In that sense, "Man of Dreams" is a crushing name. Yet the phrase "Man of Dreams" captures all that is beautiful about loving, regardless of gender. For loving is so much like dreaming. And in this sense, "Man of Dreams" is the most lovely term I've heard for someone that strays from loving the norm. Ahaha, this is kinda turning into a long review... Asides from my personal astoundment at your creation of the "Man of Dreams", this term was amazingly applied to Hashirama in the literary sense. He is a man with ridiculously behemoth-sized dreams o peace in addition to his delusions and hopes surrounding Madara that could also be considered dreams. Well, at any rate, the general gist of this review is that I am unquestionably impressed at your creation of the Man of Dreams. I don't know how long it took you to come up with this idea but you seriously deserve all the praise in the world for expressing this concept so eloquently.
Guest chapter 24 . 6/21/2014
why did i read that
it was so sad
im so sad now
my babies
AlmostElectric chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
I don't know whether this is already in my favourites. I'm going to reread this and review.

I love your writing. Your Hashirama. The consistent trail of thoughts. Wonderful to read. The pairing. Beautiful. You are so unbelievably skilled.

Will review after reread. Wonderful. Wooooonderful.
Komo Pineconeseed chapter 5 . 4/15/2014
Loving this story so far. I'll probably leave a proper review in the future (like when I finished the story), but I'm just writing to pat you on the back for accurately predicting Madara named the Leaf Village years before it was revealed in canon. You totally called it.
DarkRulerDominica chapter 23 . 3/31/2014
I just finished reading the story. And I have never read anything like it before, and probably won't ever again. I don't even know where to start. This was so... beautiful. You captured the raw pain of unrequited love perfectly. And the descriptions regarding Hashirama's turmoil realizing he's a "man of dreams" - simple questioning, denial, emotional conflict, self-loathing, and finally coming to terms with it - were haunting.

Based on the first chapter I thought this story was going to be a light-hearted comedy, but the progression was so evocative. Your writing style, vocabulary, and how you wove the words into a harsh account just sucked me in. The flow and timing were stellar.

I've nothing bad to say about this tale. It's one of the few fanfics that's gotten me to cry, and that's saying something (the last time that happened was a decade ago).

I say to you, bravo. And thank you, thank you for writing this. Now please excuse me while I go read the Omake chapter and other happy things.
thirdmetaphor chapter 24 . 2/16/2014
So I've just finished this beautiful piece, and although the story is three years old and you probably won't see this, I really needed to pay homage to it. It's one of the most original ideas I've ever come across in fanfiction. But this probably going to be a very meandering review, so sorry about that.

The first thing I noticed is that although this is a founder's era fic, you didn't shy away from using modern-Naruto language sometimes. And frankly, after reading the latest manga chapters, this does make a lot of sense. You had me from 'Village of Hunks and Babes'.

The perspective. It's so unique. Hashirama's decadence, Madara's anger, the SNAIL MASK. Mito and Hashirama's friendship, which suits them so much. Their obsession over Madara. Madara's clan family issues. It's so very perfect and I love it. In the beginning I admit I was perplexed by the 'unreliable narrator' and the sheer amount of repetition, but this fic has truly improved so much over the course of its writing. SO much. I rarely see long fics that I like here on fanfiction, because there seems to be an excessive amount of fourteen-year-olds, which is find, except most of them cannot write very well. How old were you while writing this fic?

Tobirama and Sasuke. Their weird friendship is a perfect background story for this fic, and it's amazing from the start. 'Where's your other 998 hands'. I confess my love to you.

The realism. I can actually see this happening in the past, because although you may have not known it while writing this, it actually matches perfectly as a possible backstory, even if the real backstory was a little different. You managed to weave their relationship in beautifully with canon, and I admire that.

The one-sided HashiMada. I was a one-sided HashiMada writer before I caught up with the manga, and I can therefore still appreciate the complex thoughts he would have. The one tiny thing I kind-of-disliked was how you made Madara 'beautiful', because frankly I don't think he would have 'beauty' in that sense. He's majestic, and attractive, but not excessively beautiful like, say, Kakashi (or at least, he's hinted to be beautiful under that mask). Other than that, you pinned him down perfectly.

The idea of a 'Man of Dreams'. How did you come up with this? It's brilliant, and matches Hashirama perfectly in more ways than one. The entire underlying sexuality in this fic is amazing, and I enjoyed reading your take on it. I mean, some people make the naruto-world homophobic, but I don't see how that works when they don't have organized religion or an excessive need for children. But of course, it would be scandalous for a clan leader to be gay and not produce children, and you included that as well. Just, wow.

Writing style. I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of this broken-type style, but it doesn't seem amateurish at all. I mean, you still weave some beautiful words in, and eventually it just became so much of a part of Hashirama's conciousness that I stopped minding. And by the end, it became the style of this fic and I like it now.

Anyway, thanks so much for writing this. The HashiMada/MadaHashi community is really small but it has so many quality works like this that really make it stand out from other, more popular ships.

-thirdmetaphor
thirdmetaphor chapter 9 . 2/15/2014
I usually save my reviews untill the end but I needed to review this particular chapter so badly.
You pin Madara down so perfectly. Eyeing his half-niece. Yes , yes that is him.
Anyway, I'll be reading on. Your writing style in this is very unique. Sometimes I think the repetition is uneeded but it ultimately works well with the feel of the story.
Hayasaka.Shion chapter 24 . 12/22/2013
Hits you right in the feels... :'(
T. Alana M chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Hashirama you creepy stalker, you.