Reviews for Diary of Frederick Charles Krueger
Dustin chapter 7 . 12/19/2013
While reading this I keep imagining it as a dark, unflinching prequel to the films. God, I'm still hoping for an actual prequel someday. This is an amazing read. I'm glad someone felt the need to create the first part of the story that we've all been wishing for.
triptocainemuthafucka chapter 12 . 4/17/2011
The best story I have ever read. This gave me inspiration to write my own, thank you so much. I loved it. You did amazing!
Nicola chapter 12 . 1/1/2011
I think this was a clever idea and it is very nicely put together. I like the way it is laid out and it reads well. Congratulations
darkness takes overpaula chapter 12 . 12/15/2010
As always from you, beautifully and well written. I loved the Dream Demons thoughts in this chapter, knowing that there was more to come and that he would continue on with his killing spree. I have thoroughy enjoyed reading the story and no problem with the advice/help with the story.

Good luck with your new career and maybe some day in the future you'll put a new NOES fic up. :)
Darkness Takes Over chapter 11 . 12/8/2010
As always a very well thought out and written story. I like how you have went down the line of Freddy getting back to work and picking up his killing habits once more. This may seem a little bit evil of me, but I am glad that you killed Jamie, lol.

I also enjoyed reading his thoughts in regards to Katherine, showing that as ever he still misses her. Pity he couldn't find the orphanage she as in and kidnap her haha. Looking forward to the last chapter. :)
TheBitterAftertaste chapter 10 . 12/2/2010
Hello :)

I've been reading this todaaaay :)

And I think despite it being very disturbing,

Its a brilliant well written piece of writing

I seriously can't wait for the new chapter!

Well done!

Love

Charlotte :)
Darkness Takes Over chapter 10 . 11/23/2010
I have to say that there is a stark contrast in Freddy's thoughts from when she first met Loretta - being in love...etc to now where he is basically the hurtful, degrading thoughts he has now. Which I have to say is very dark and demented.

I found it a neat twist to have him being on bail and being under house arrest, not be permanently locked up until the court case.

I also like how he is so lost and distraught without Katherine. Aww, so sweet! lol.

Finally, I assume that with him possibly going after Jamie that she will be his last victim. It would be like coming full circle, with him starting his dark deeds with her and finishing it with killing her years later before he gets burned.
DreamRevolution chapter 10 . 11/22/2010
Liking this Story Very Much. I suppose the next few chapters will deal with Freddy's Freedom & the Deaths of 5 more Children bringing the Count to "Twenty" just like in the films, Correct?
darkness takes over chapter 9 . 11/18/2010
Apologies for not being signed in. I'm in work and don't have the internet assess at home as my laptop has a virus. : (

I absolutely adored this chapter, it was brilliantly written. Love the demented thoughts of Freddy after discovering that Loretta had snooped in his room. I thought that he would have told Katherine to go inside as from the movie, unless you have decided to tweak it a bit. I have to say I thought it was great that he continued to choke her even though she was dead, hehe. The madman lol.

And aww, poor Katherine having to witness it. I thought it was an excellent idea and great twist to have one of this victims survive and tell the police and not Katherine doing so.

I loved his thoughts when they took her away, it was very emotional for him and you displayed it very well in this chapter. If only he did get Katherine back. *sighs sadly*

Great work and looking forward to his death scene, hehe!
whateverstink4575 chapter 9 . 11/17/2010
God, you don't know how long I've been waiting for this chapter. First off, I want to say thank you very much for mentioning me in your author's note. I don't think I could have gotten very far with my story without the inspiration I got from this fic. You are just way too awesome. Secondly, this chapter is brimming with such power and emotion that I've never seen with other fics...and I am just wowed and amazed. I can't even describe the feelings that are going on within me right now. It's like this one big roller coaster that threatens to throw you off it and crash into the wall at one moment and then bring you back down to earth in another. It's /amazing./ Your writing has to be some of the best that I have ever seen. Not only are the physical details spot-on and lifelike (I felt like I was right there the whole time) but I could almost feel the emotion of the scene. The anger. The sorrow and sadness. The love he felt for Katherine. It's all just...wow. I was nearly bawling at the end of this chapter. If they let him go back home, then why keep her in child care services? It's all so unnecessary, and it only adds onto Freddy's insanity and his further "descent into darkness." Very, very powerful stuff. I'm going to tell you right now, I was a little iffy going into this story at first. But your writing has only improved and gotten stronger as the story has progressed. And now I'm sitting here like a little fangirl, waiting patiently (or, rather, not so patiently) for the next chapter. I will also say this: if Wes Craven were to read this story, I sincerely think he would turn it into a full-fledged movie and it would be one of the most successful movies of the NOES franchise. Seriously. I am just so amazed by how far you've gotten with this story and how amazing it's turned out so far. I'm sorry for ever doubting this story in the first place. This fic is truly a work of art. I am eagerly (and impatiently) waiting for the next chapter, as always. Great job, sweetie.
Darkness Takes Over chapter 8 . 11/16/2010
Thank you for dedicating this chapter to me, much appreicated. :)

I thought the idea of Fred being questioned by the police, I don't think I have see anyone do that on here. In the sense of before he got caught. Nice one.

The various ways of Freddy luring the children with the promise of candy, ice cream...etc was very good and bravo for using the ice cream truck. I love how dark and demented his thoughts are in regards to the children, very much in character. I like the mention of little Nancy. :)

And aww, I love the characterisation you have in regards to his feelings towards Katherine. Great work and I had to smile at how angry he got as he thought back to where Loretta had put overalls on her. It shows that he may be controlling over what he what clothes he wants Loretta to put on Kat. I loved the idea of the bully hitting Katherine, leading to the deadly aftermath for Mark. Haha. And oooh, Loretta is in for it!
Darkness Takes Over chapter 7 . 11/16/2010
This was very well written. I like the steady collaspe of their relationship. Freddy's thoughts were totally plauisble, I could definately see that happen. His anger getting the better of him until he snaps and hits her. I always assumed from the scene in Freddys Dead when she comes out of the basement, shaking and shivering that perhaps there was a time when he did hit her.

I always assumed that he would bring the children to the boiler room in the power plant, not necessarily his home. But it made an interesting twist.
whateverstink4575 chapter 7 . 11/15/2010
Wahaaa, I got a shout out! xD I LOVE LOVE LOVE this chapter. I love how he just blows up at Loretta. I am trying to decide who's wrong here, him, or Loretta for treating him the way she is. I mean, she was his savior in the beginning, but now she seems to have turned into a total bitch. At least that's what I'm getting from this story, ESPECIALLY in this chapter. If she wasn't the way she is now then would Freddy still be going on the same path? It makes me have second thoughts as to what would have happened if she was the same way she was when they first met. Could she still save him, if that were the case? Sigh. Questions that will remain unanswered. It's kind of sad, really. I feel bad for poor Katherine, she has no clue of what's going to become of her and her family. She's only a year old, for god's sake. I'm happy that you managed to include a bit of humor to lighten the mood a bit, though. Alright, I'm gonna stop blabbering and go on to read the next chapter. As always, you did a wonderful job (I was sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time) and your writing talent is amazing. Great job, dear.
Darkness Takes Over chapter 6 . 10/31/2010
Hello, I'm back.

Have to say this was an excellent chapter. Firstly, for the great introduction of Katherine. She seems so adorable and I like how gentle Freddy is with her and how much kind hearted words he has towards her, just how he would have done. I also am enjoying his musings towards his wife Loretta, seeing her now as a whinger, constantly annoying him...etc. Even though he does love her, it is starting to wane or lack it's intensity.

I thought that perhaps he would have killed Jamie, as it could be possible that she could have told someone. You never know. I also like how he sees her as unattractive now and that it appears that the younger children are more his preference.

Very good for the first kill, nicely done. Looking forward to more!
whateverstink4575 chapter 6 . 10/28/2010
Oh my dear lord. This chapter...there were a few parts in the beginning of the middle that made me want to laugh a few times. At first I thought there was even a slight chance of hope but that feeling quickly dwindled when I hit June 1967. In a way I felt bad for Freddy because it seems like he had no clue of what he was doing, that the dream demons controlled his body and killed that poor boy. But I really enjoyed the fact that we FINALLY got to see a glimpse of the infamous glove. God, I can see where this is going, and damn, am I excited about it. It took you 3 days to finish this chapter and it was hard work well paid off, I can tell you that. I am so psyched for the next chapter. Please update soon!