Reviews for The Middle
donilou2 chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
I really did like this one, getting a chance to see what Dean might have been feeling in those moments after Sam drove away. I wish we'd seen more of that one the show.

Thanks!
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
He still caught himself thinking of things he just had to tell Sammy or random jokes he wanted to crack and see Sammy bitch-face over…and when the reality of the fact that his baby brother was gone caught up to him again, it tore him apart all over again.

That line just tears me apart as well. Gosh, I am just hurting for these boys and this story captures Dean's confusion and emotions so well. Thanks for bringing it to the surface.
Brenny chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
wow You wrote exactly what I thought and felt!
cold kagome chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
omg... soo sad...

POOR DEAN/I WAS SHOCK THAT HE DIDN'T GO.. POUTED

SAMMY NEED HIM.. EVEN IF HE DOESN'T WAIT TO SHOW. IT

I LOVE THE 6 SEASON EP1... IT WAS SO SAD... AND WOW.. .I LOVE IT.. CAN''T WAIT MORE... YOU AWEOSME..
angeleyenc chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
I loved it!
mousefiction chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
I really enjoyed this, even though it was heartbreaking. Even though I had known for a while through spoilers that the cage had transformed Sam into someone colder, but the way he was in the show wasn't a colder Sam, but just cold. And no matter how many good intentions Sam and Bobby could inform Dean about their choice to keep Sam's life a secret, it was still rather heartless. So, I think you hit the nail on the head, and I hope that somehow, someway, the show ends with the boys back together. Either way, this is a good fic. Nicely done!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
This is exactly what I thought had to be running through Dean's mind last night. For someone who already had abandonment issues, how devestating does it have to be to find the person you love the most left you behind again? Left you to suffer the guilt and pain he knew good and well Dean had to be feeling, based on his own experience? I think Dean was almost scared to react, in fear that Sam would walk away and never look back-again. I understand Bobby and Sam's reasoning, but it's like they don't know him at all. Dean never wanted a family-he wanted his family. I thought the same thing as Sam was walking away at the end: I think Dean might have gone if Sam had told him that he wanted him, not as back-up or a conscience but as his brother. But he didn't, so Dean's left in a life he doesn't really fit in because his old life tossed him away. Poor Dean.
EmptySpaces11 chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
I think Sam was totally away from Dean. And, as always, Sam does not show any love for his brother he has. I believe his attitude is always arrogant and overbearing. Sam's attitudes are far from being attitudes of a hero, like I want he shows.

I liked your text.

Congratulations
Miorita chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
this really a nice story. And your description of Sam is really really good!
teal-lover chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
that was so sad, but I completely believe that that's what dean was thinking. I do hope that Sam wasn't quite that cold and disinterested though-just trying to fight the hurt in his own way. Can you do this from sam's pov?