Reviews for One of These Mornings
Vi84 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Beautiful angst.

I think that when it comes to Cal and his feelings for Gillian unsureness, guilt, even selfishness, love, awe, affection and attraction are all mingled emotions, each one is tangled with the other. I'm not agree with him because this is just an one sided decision and clearly isn't the proper way for handling a relationship but with this little gem you manage to portray his inner debate amazingly well.
Wewilldream chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
I love the angst! It's beautiful and very touching.

Somehow I think it's very much like Cal. He's selfish but he will also let go when he knows he will have to. I still hope at some point they could be together and be happy.
nikkidog chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
That is a song that can create some strong emotion! How about her take on the same feelings? Loved the chap and the song!
Aleia Jade chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
This makes me so ANGRY. I'm so mad at Cal right now.

"It's selfish to keep her to himself when he knows he doesn't deserve her."

You know what, Lightman? You know what's selfish? You deciding who she deserves and what she needs in life. You don't get to be afraid commitment and then pass it off as trying to do what's best for her, because she's too hopelessly in love to make rational decisions about her life herself.

...anyway. Great job. And that last line is a heart-breaker. It's almost sad enough to make me forget how angry Lightman makes me here. Which is a lot. So good job for you in making him so...emotion-causing.
KayleighM chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
I thought I had reviewed this. But apparently not.

OMFG IT'S AMAZING IN SO MANY WAYS. I AHET IT AND I LOVE IT BUT OMG I HATE IT.

I love it more though.

Angst is my guilty pleasure. xD

I love it because it's a different spin on something that people have been trying to capture in their stories.

They've missed it though.

And you knocked it right on the head.

This is exactly how it SHOULD play out. They'll fall together and fall apart. But it will have to be him. And in the end he will because he wants to protect her.

This is exactly what the fandom has been revolving around. But you put it better than any fic I've read.

*round of applause*
Nr.Six chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
wow very touching!
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
No say it ain't so. They should always be together callian. Thanks for writing.
ancientesha chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
no, he won't have the strength to leave forever. if he does leave, she'll know why, and he'll see what it does to her, and one day.. they'll meet somewhere half along the way.. new beginning.

beautifully written :)
Tomellie chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Ahhh this killed me. Dead. I don't want to think about this actually happening but it certainly is very plausible. I am trying to think happy thoughts right now lol *This will not happen, this will not happen...*

Beautiful and heartbreaking. Perfect angst.
StepFurther chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
so sad, but so beautifully written! loved it so much!
Auraya-of-the-White chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
OH MY! This is why you're one of my fav authors! This is an absolutely spectacular piece! I loved every single sentence. You sum up this relationship perfectly.
MidnightOfTheSoul chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
AND YOU MY FRIEND (WILL NOT ONLY RECEIVE FANGIRLYCAPSLOCKYJOY) HAVE AANSWERED WHY THEY WILL NEVER STAY TOGETHER. IT'S SO SHORT TOO, BUT SUMMING UP THE ENTIRE ISSUE OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP SHOULDN'T TAKE TOO LONG ANYWAY, I JUST LOVE THAT YOU DID IT SO WELL WITHOUT MAKING IT CLICHE.

DO I THINK THEY'LL GET TOGETHER? NO. I THINK THE SHOW WILL WILL TEASE US, BUT DOESN'T HAVE THE BALLS OR THE ABILITY TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. SORRY SHOW, BUT YOUR WRITERS JUST AREN'T THAT GOOD. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THEY'LL NEVER THINK OF A WAY TO BREAK THEM UP WITHOUT THE ENTIRE WORLD COLLAPSING. IT CAN BE DONE THOUGH, IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. RELATIONSHIPS FALL APART AND THE WORLD KEEPS GOING, JUST GOT TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE IT WORK IN THE NEW WORLD.

AND YOU MY FRIEND CAPTURED THAT QUITE WELL. CAL(VIN) WILL ALWAYS BE BATTLING HIS GUILT WHEN HE'S WITH HER, REGARDLESS. HE'S A CESSPOOL OF MISERY AND DESPAIR. BUT FOR THE TIME BEING, I LIKE TO THINK THEY CAN ENJOY WHAT THEY HAVE.

SO THANKS FOR THAT. AND THANKS FOR READING THIS OBNOXIOUSLY LONG SQUEE. YOU ROCK.
LolaRedMuse chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
i really really really hope he is wrong, i hope SHE proves him wrong.

great story, lovely n blue n very moving... u r almost ruining me for other writers lightwoman...im telling ya. u r too good!

tnx.
csiAngel chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Angsty & brilliant! I love this. I love that he determines that he will have to be the one to walk away because she won't! Absolutely brilliant angst!
emd4v15 chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Wow, way to depress the fandom... :P

Beautifully written, though, even if it was incredibly sad. I'm a little teary now.

Thanks for posting.