Reviews for Child's Play
bookworm45 chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Nevermind the length, the quality of this chapter more than compensates! I love that they're both wanting each other. They both care. They just need to admit it.
saturn567 chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
sweet edition! keep it up!
CSI4lyfNCIS13 chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Okay I am gonna be totally truthful here. One of ur best and one of my favorite fic ev-er. I mean the Sella and Jess frienndship angle was graet but

With a heavy sigh, Don dropped the paperwork he was holding onto his desk and rounded hers, spinning her chair to face him before kneeling towards her. "Jessica, did you ever read comic books?"

And then Jess was al like what da hell happened and Don was like a bomb. How Don was smiling cuz Jess was all in protective mode. Then especially the hug part. I had to read that over and over. The Don's POV was a nice thing to put in. Also the I'd do anything for you? Yeah definately favorite.
afrozenheart412 chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Yeah, this is definitely going into the favorites because of the humor and love that happens in here. I love how Stella thinks she is the only one left out, but those Sea Monkeys were a ripoff too. ...yes, I was burned on that as well. :(

But I love the razzing that Jess gives him, you have to love her for her sense of humor and how she sends his right back at him. LOL!

"Well, the name sounds vaguely familiar." Jess amended. "But I couldn't tell you where from."

Jess's face cleared. "That's where I've seen his name before." She caught Stella's gaze. "Oh, they were just ads in the back of the comics; no one actually buys anything from them …"

"I did." Don confirmed when she trailed off.

"Oh." Jess pulled a face. "Don, I hate to tell you this but … if it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

"Yeah, I know that now." Don grumbled."

There is one thing that Don went after that was as good as advertised, Jess herself. We all know what a great heart is behind that loving face. :)

But what makes this the best for me is these next two lines.

"Don nodded. "Looks like Laughing Larry was the original target."

"Well, if everyone else was as gullible as you," Jess grinned, "you've probably got a lot of suspects."

Don glared at her and stood up, muttering something that sounded vaguely like 'locker room'."

"You look like you want to shoot me."

"I don't want to." Jess said in a low voice. "But I might. What the hell were you thinking? Why didn't you call for back-up? Good God, Flack, you're always on my back about doing stupid things and taking stupid risks and then you turn around and do exactly the same thing! What are you smiling about?"

Don shrugged again, this time taking care to use the one furthest from the burn. "You really are protective of me."

"This isn't funny!" Jess snapped. "Sit down and I'll get something for it."

Ah, to tease him and then lovingly take care of him while getting it through his stubborn head that she doesn't want him to get hurt like this. It is love. What the heck is he waiting for? Oh, right...more episodes to go.

Great job on getting settled back at college and it is great that you want to work with children! You are the real hero for wanting to be a teacher!
Runner043 chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Oh, what a great picture... Angell with her arms wrapped around Flack from behind, leaning against him. Bet he loved that!
terriberri23 chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
another wonderful update to your series.

Glad you are all settled...looking forward to the next part.
Red.Gael chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Thanks for another great story...yes, I am still reading and loving this series even though I havn't given you a review for quite awhile - lifes been kinda hectic:-)

Keep up the good work.
CamdenLaur chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Are we there yet? So super cute! 3 3 3

Glad you're settled in at school!

Hope my two messages didn't drive you to drink lol.

jessicaflack chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
No need to apologize Titans! It's AWESOME! The scene in the locker room was beautifully written. But it's very sad too. How could the two of them be so oblivious to one another's feeling? They were falling in love but they had to pretend they're not :(

Finally I know the reason why Don was dating Devon. He was desperate. He thought Jess felt 'nothin' for him.

But still I love the locker room scene. Absolutely a great addition to your 'Kindred Spirit' series!
bando2 chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Ahh they're so close. I'm really going to enjoy reading these all again when they are all done like they are chapters in a longer story. My favorite part was Don thinking he was out of her league. It's nice to see him with some vulnerability. As a side note, teaching little kids is a great profession. I hope you really enjoy the Uni experience too.