Reviews for After A Nightmare
Igenlode Wordsmith chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Very nicely pitched: sweet without being implausible, moving without being self-indulgent, simple without being flat. And you've mastered the art of implying something by suggesting/stating the opposite, which was always one of my favourites to see :-)

"Perhaps she didn't want him, wanted somebody who could save her. He was filled with a desperate need to be that person."
"...opening his heart to her, ready for her to tread on it, which was what he had expected all along. But he was too young to be foolish enough to close himself off from the pain he feared was coming."
Very much inside Raoul's world-view here... it characterises him beautifully.

The point of view wanders between characters in a couple of places, but it actually doesn't read as an error in this case: the story manages to get away with it. There are a couple of typos: 'maneouvred' for 'manoeuvred' (it's an 'oe' ligature, if that helps in remembering the vowel order!) in the first sentence, and "each others'" for "each other's" in the final paragraph (they have only one other each :-)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
This is so nice. It's true, she wasn't really strong (I'm basing this off of the movie here; I know there's a book, but I haven't read it) and even though it seemed like she loved him, I believe it was out of pity rather than true love. She loved his as a friend, a child and as a student, but never like she loved Raoul. This is a true to the movie, and sweet. Great job! :)
Ravenwoodwitch chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Oh it makes me so happy to read this. This ship is sadly unappreciated
Well done, very well done :)
Rosa Cotton chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
So lovely. So glad Raoul and Christiane were finding their way.
MissHaunted-MoonLight chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Lovely piece! I really feel for them both.

Thanks for sharing!

Blessed Be

Mogwai x X x
Krinaia chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
I really liked this. Characterization was good, and it was a welcome break from the mindless Raoul-hate going around the fandom. Hope to read more of your work!
Isob3l chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Aww... sweet... :)
bloodydisaster chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
I'm very glad I found this :) After talking with my friends about it, i was beginning to fear that i was the only one cheering for Raoul when watching POTO.
AdrenalineRush16 chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
Sweet, cute, and ANGSTY. :D It doesn't get much better than this. Rock on! :)
jadedflower chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
I thought this was fantastic! There's so much unrealistic fluff on this site, but this is so real, I was actually tearing up a little :). You did a great job portraying their emotions, and I love Raoul's character. I mean seriously, why are their no Raoul stories?
Daichu chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
I remember reading this a while ago and thinking that it was exactly how I felt Raoul and Christine should have ended up; not a happily-ever-after because they have some problems to work out (namely with Christine and how she feels about Erik), but very much in love and staying together.

Thank you for writing this, and I'm glad you updated this recently so I don't feel weird commenting on a year-old fic :)
Mrscullen1122 chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Aww so sweet I really don't understand y most people hate raoul

ThisFic was really good I hope u write mooorree!
writable chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
It's a shame that you only have 1 review right now, because I think you should be told that this story is great a few more times than that! :)

Raoul- in the movie- is very likable, despite his mess of greasy hair that to this day grosses me out. (PANTENE, ANYONE?) But I thought that this was rather realistic, and I like that you kind of brought out the "Did she choose the right one?" conflict.

I also like how unsure they are, but how sure they are, if that makes any sense. Raoul's KNOWS he wants to be with Christine, but doesn't know if she wants to be with him, etc.

My only complaint would be that it didn't feel fleshed out enough, and that a little bit more depth over the course of the three days would have given me a little more closure. Things seemed to progress too fast, but what you HAVE written was very good and I enjoyed it! I liked the line where you said, "And he almost believed that she wanted to be in his arms." Very poignant.

So, to conclude this little beast of a review, awesome job, and I'll be looking out for more of your stories soon!

(P.S. DO A PHANTOM ONE LIKE THIS BECAUSE IF YOU MAKE HIM AS SWEET AS YOU MAKE RAOUL HERE, I THINK I MIGHT JUST DIE.)

Jan
Honey Jenkins chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Oh, how sweet! I'm so very glad you posted this because there is never enough Raoul love on this site and I'm honored to be able to read a good R/C story.

You did an excellent job showing the very likely things they'd have to go through after escaping the Phantom. This is where a lot of E/C shippers don't get it. Christine made the brave choice with Raoul. She fled with him because she knew he was the right choice for her, and that she really loved him with a love that exceeds the manipulation of feelings.

Thanks for posting!