Reviews for Harry Potter After the War
I think this fan fiction could be brilliant but there are a few things that are bothersome
- Harry's patronous changing from a stag to a horse seems okay at first but it seems like he has completely lost his identify being with Ginny. How has he lost that connection with James so quickly? Everything is about Ginny. He just spends money like crazy. Does everything for Ginny buys her any and everything. It's concerning, how much can he buy her? He constantly cooks for her and gives her massages. Does she do any of those things in return? I get that his first 17 years were a struggle and he had to work his ass off to save the wizards world so he's enjoying himself, but this almost seems like an unhealthy unrealistic relationship. You would think his wife would take care of him at least sometimes. It's cool you wanna make your girl happy, but this enmeshed relationship is weird. He BUILT her a Quidditch pitch and she can't cook a brrakfast for him?! Somethings were very interesting like Harry struggling with trusting people or opening up. I think that's honest, he doesn't let people in because he is terrified of losing them. Also when he called Mrs weasley mom for the first time did have me in tears. But those Harry moments seem rare. He does do sweet things for everyone he loves don't get me wrong. It just feels like overkill at times.
-which brings me to Ginny, she seems super one dimensional, she's good at Quidditch and loves Harry. Anything else? She also has that fiery look and blazing eyes. She is perfect in every way, right? Even when she asks Harry for a massage even after he's been working 17 hours. Seems pretty selfish. Maybe do something for him.
- do they fight? Ever? It makes them Unrelateble. No one fights, there's no inter character conflict. Everyone is fine and dandy. No left over guilt or sadness or trauma from the battle. No grief from the losses? Everyone is happy as can be. Could there be just a little bit more about life without Fred? That was traumatic for me years later, but they're all good? They all have their dream jobs handed to them. Hannah might be the only one struggling. I get it, the trio saved the world, they should have their dream jobs. But seriously, a tiny bit of struggle would be interesting.
-Ron also seems one dimensional. He's a very capable and smart wizard and you would think after their year on the run and everything he has done he would be more vocal and take more leads in their auror tasks. But he just complains and eats. Although his voice might be the only truth in how he points out some of Harry's not so great choices with fawning for Ginny all the time.
-There's not much to say about Hermione, she's there
- What are the malfoy's up to?
- i feel like this read is tedious. If you take out all the mundane everyday stuff this could have been much much better to read and probably more interesting. I appreciate the life 19 years after and being back in the wizarding world but idk, seems the love and character development is missing.
- you can't do wandless magic or as a animagus. There are some clear rules in this world. If Dumbledore couldn't or Voldemort then why would Harry be able to?
-lastly, where the F is Hagrid?! Barely any mention of him, not even at the wedding. Is this even Harry Potter?
anne chapter 39 . 9/18
sorry for my bad english i'm french i really love your story do you know when you will post the continuition ?
Jihyuk chapter 22 . 9/18
I wish the story had some more exciting things happening as I feel at this point it is too repetitive of the same things happening everyday.
Lucas chapter 39 . 8/23
I hope you are going to write this story until the end, it's so amazing!
Thanks a lot :)
koushlendras2014 chapter 39 . 8/25
Its been more than 15 months, when is the next chapter coming out. Please Please :)
Pgriffin chapter 39 . 8/22
I dont care how you do it, but please get this turned into a movie series. I havent even finished chapter one and i can tell this is what ive been wanting for years. Please, get it touch with rowling or something and get this into movie form. I would pay loads of money to anyone able to get this done. Harry potter was my childhood and i want it continued (in movie form)
Jeez Whiz buddy! SO LONG D:
54 chapter 5 . 8/7
Ginny does not like playing seeker, she prefers to play chaser.
Ugh... you one of my favorite writer on here and now after reading this story to catch up before reading the next one I remembered why I got so upset when this stopped...Ugh so much hanging... your going to finish this right?... please say yes to that.. I suck at cliff hangers...
Exitable Cactus chapter 21 . 7/18
Fred is dead but you mention him
HermioneGrainger'sduplicate chapter 19 . 7/18
You're really good at this I mean the story is just wonderful
Anne chapter 39 . 7/4
This chapter was perfect thank you so much. When will you post the next one?
I hope soon
annedemontlaur chapter 39 . 7/5
when will you post the next chapter please?
I love you're story!
Corneliusduke chapter 39 . 7/4
I wanted to wait until after I'd read the entire work, before I made a comment and it is a very impressive piece of work. I hope you continue this was fantastic. The only thing that I thought was left out is visits to see Hagrid, he wouldn't let them forget to come visit him after all they went through with him together and of course what's happening with Grawp, his half brother.