Reviews for Hurt
The Popolisk chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Good job on this one. I really hope you get your spark back.
Chewiecotton chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Really good. :) I like it.
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Poor Aragorn has felt all these hurts and far too many times in his difficult life. Thankfully, he's had family and friends around to help him make it through!

I *do* hope you get your writing spark back...I've enjoyed so many of your stories. :)
Wolf of the Dawn chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Wow! Even my parents liked that one, when I showed them. Congratulations, that was thought inspiring and interesting.

Faerthurin chapter 1 . 10/14/2010

Just letting you know there's still someone here to read your stories. If you don't feel that you can keep writing, well, I can't help that, but if you can write, you can be sure there'll be an audience!

Nice musings here. I like the mention that "there is no Elvish word for 'good-bye'" - although there are many things Elves may say at parting, even the final journey is only to Mandos, where friends can be re-united. Hebo estel - have hope.

Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Wow. This was just incredible! The imagery and the descriptions here were just beautifully written and I could hear Aragorn's voice as he was talking. And the little flashback moments made it all the more heartwarming. Great job on this!
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Aw, Cal. I know just what you mean about the 'spark'. It's either there or it isn't. Mine has been on the wane for a while, but not completely extinguished. I still read Teitho stories every month and check out this site once a week or so. But as to your new story, wonderfully written as always. You take such a common topic and turn it into something stunning. The bittersweet is the best. Sometimes you just wish you could hold onto a moment. That's how your story made me feel.
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Thank you! What a lovely present! *g* (Both the fic and the fact that you're writing in the LotR fandom again. Welcome back! *hugs*)

This is a beautiful, beautiful story. I have to admit that I've not been doing too much reading of LotR-fics lately myself, and this one is a lovely way to come back. I love these little moments, the thoughts and the quotes that come after them, they're brief but so expressive and absolutely perfect.

No wonder we all love writing angst so much. ;-)

Thank you again!
Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
It's so good to read a new story from you, Cal! This was beautiful, and also bittersweet. I guess it's a bit like the essence of why people love reading and writing h/c. Loved it! :)
Ellynn chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
As I told you in the e-mail, I think this is very good. And I am really glad to see you again. :)
Minerva Organa chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Oh this was beautiful...such a good character study, and the prose is beautiful. And so fitting for Aragorn.

I was so glad to see this, I've missed your writings! Though I empathize in terms of the spark being gone, as its been far too long since the last time I wrote fic :-/
Deandra chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Very nice study of the topic, and Aragorn makes a good basis for it. Surely he has known all of the various kinds of hurt you describe, and survived them well.

- Deandra

that quickly fades and is forgotten easy - probably should be "easily"

More often than not, it comes with guilty and clings. - probably should be "guilt"