Reviews for Marchgate
ange de l'aube chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
I think that out of all the entries I've read, yours is the one that captured the period in which it was set the best...

I truly enjoyed this story, and parts of it made me reminisce a little on Pride and Prejudice, and Persuasion... specially the points about Bella preferring to remain a spinster than betray her heart, and the concerns Edward had with the gap between Bella and himself in regards of stature...

Very well written piece,

Good Luck!
Shamatt0403 chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
That was lovely.
missingcolton chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
Really enjoyed your story. Great job!
Seren Haf chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
Oh this was delightful. Your tone of writing was exactly right for the era :o)
asiula chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
It's a really adorable story :)

Thank you for the entertainment! :)
teacher1209 chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
What a beautiful story over love overcoming all odds. I thought it was wonderful how Esme was able to help convince Carlisle that Bella was the right one for Edward.
denverpopcorn chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
The period was wonderfully captured. I've always been a sucker for Regency romances and I'm thrilled that you added this to the competition, especially given how sweet it is.

Best of luck to you.
tanglingshadows chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
That was a really great story! I loved that there wasn't a lot of angst between Edward and Bella. It's nice to see a story where they love each other and can be together. Good luck in the contest :)
jerseyhalliwell chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
this was beyond amazing!

i hope you consider expanding this into a full story? or at least continuing with life after their marriage? :)

it's so good!
BELAVERA chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
First of all, I think you deserve a thank you for not continually throwing stones in their pathway. I think it unnatural to have hindrance after hinderance thrown in their path to a happy ending.

Wouldn't it have been nice, though, to spend more time between the engagement & the happy ending, maybe describing the things the family did together, her clothes, the description of the wedding, etc? I believe that there are several possible descriptive opportunities that were missed. If you decide to embellish those, I would be very pleased to read them.
polyphany chapter 1 . 9/25/2010