Reviews for The Queen's Breakfast
RonHeartbreaker chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
I don't get it. Though you do successfully limn an epic tale through the charming banter. I like Kim's take on the reduced gravity.
A-Markov chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Not sure what to say about this one. For a start, I think you are successful in creating a rough sketch of past events so that the scene we are privy to makes sense.

I'm not aware of the parameters of the challenge that led to this, so I cannot speak to your success in meeting them.

All that being said, I think your dialogue shines, as usual. and this short glimpse makes me want to know the details of what went on before. However, what I would most like to read is the story of the day Shego returns.

Alex
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Funny little scene. Never thought we'd see the day that Kim would be waiting for Shego to show up.
Mengsk chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Yep. Giant Worm.

500 words? What a limiting challenge. It shows in how meaningless this tale is.
RedBlueGreen chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
(Sorry for the lateness of this review.) The odd thing about this is that it wasn't meant to be a challenge, just a question, and the elements of it - collapsing the Lowardian sun, terraformed Mars, the time vortex, the God-Empress of the galaxy - were tossed out on the fly just to illustrate the scale of the epic story not being told. So perhaps this is a very happy accident.

What it certainly is is very entertaining, and I love the way it does string together all of those points into a epic backstory which Kim and Ron's chatter counterpoints very nicely. Clearly things have changed on a personal scale as well as galactic one if Kim believes Shego could or should rule the galaxy.

And all in five hundred words, just over six hours after the prompt! Wow.
Daryl chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
good story. but very very far off the beaten track for you. what inspired this
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Heh this is just plain weird even for a KP fic, guess Shego wants to be lost huh?

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
Etherelemental chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Interesting short fic. A little more back story would be nice, but it was quite interesting anyway. The bit with Shego getting sucked into a time vortex certainly would make a good fic. As well as how she works on getting out. But if you wrote those, that would be up to you if you did or not. I'm just commenting that it just feels unfinished only in those aspects. But regardless, thanks for posting this!
MrDrP chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Oh bother.

Well, now that I've gotten that nod to Pooh out of the way, I can pose the question of the day: which was more difficult for King in Yellow to write: saucy banter between Kim and Ron ... or the words "God-Empress of the galaxy."

The jury will surely be out for a long, long time.

That said, thanks for a very strange, but amusing, drabble. You did well with just 500 words.
Pharaoh Rutin Tutin chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
The Pharaoh asked

The Laptop and

The Laptop asked

The website

"Could we put a King in

Yellow tale in Pharaoh's head?"

The Laptop asked

The Website and

The Website

Said "Certainly.

I'll go and tell the Yellow King

Before he goes to bed"

Thanks for the story. The poems of Mr Milne were among the few things that gave me a bit of pleasure in my depression. It's been a long time since I've even thought of them.

But I must ask why you are portraying Ron as suicidal? Telling a woman like Kim that she's putting on weight is an act not covered by major medical insurance.
Madhatterak chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
lol, wtf? lmao
zamzowwow chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Loved theroy, Shego is in hiding cause she doesn't want the job. Let's face it ,even taking in consideration "A Sitch In Time", Shego is not someone who would want to put up with the all the bull that comes with running the whole Galaxy.I challenge you to write a story like this.
Slipgate chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
The story we've been robbed of here... curses, curses! :P
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Not everyone can summarize such a vast, stunning epic in a such an amusing way. Very well done, sir.