Reviews for Old Habits
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
i love alex
MapleTreeway chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
I rewatched "Nim" today and wondered if there were any fanfictions on it. Turned out, not many. Haha. XD
I really like this story. It catches Alex's disorder nicely, and the fact that's she's overcoming it is awesome. And I wonder what Nim's story was about? Hmmm...
Anyway, awesome job!
Danielle chapter 1 . 3/5/2014
That was awesome! Such a nice oneshot
RayneSummer chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
This is amazing! It just so happens I like this film, so I thought I'd read this as well or instead of one of your Les Mis stories, seeing as those are the only two movies I know about on your page. It's fantastic; I love the way you let Alex adapt, because the way she was to what she became at the end of the movie definitely needed some explaining. Thank you for writing this :) Rayne
Guest chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
I always thought they seemed to fit so well because, in some ways, he was the adventurer who hung around her and gave her advice
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
I guess I can see how Alex would find it difficult, at first, to live on the island.

You did a decent job with this story. I like it all the same.

-Aria Breuer
Tara Myst chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
That was great! It's too bad that the fanbase for Nim's Island isn't bigger... Only 9 fanfictions...

Hopefully they'll make another movie, a sequel or something.
Temo chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Oh, this is very good. I love the small moments that make up such huge changes.
DianeB chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
I agree with everything both ficscribbler and ariom said in their reviews. The "full circle" idea of ending with Nim writing a story that Alex is helping her with was very clever, and a good way to end this story.

The idea that Alex would sweep sand was a convincingly real display of her phobias.

Good job. I just bought the DVD of this movie, and am hopeful to write some Nim's Island fic of my own one day.
ariom chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Nicely done. There are always steps to 'they lived happily ever after' and you've got these characters and how they managed it down well. I saw the movie again recently on TV and remember just how much I had enjoyed it when I first saw it.
ficscribbler chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
Nim's Island is one of our favorite family movies, and we've often discussed how Alex and her plethora of phobias would fare on the island - and how Jack and Nim would react to discovering the truth about the real Alex Rover's "adventurous" spirit. :-) It makes sense that they'd all make adjustments.

I enjoyed Jack's instant acceptance upon seeing Alex on the beach for the first time. Dealing with sand was a great way to capture Alex's initial viewpoint - and also to show her growth. Also good to see Nim's recognition that she'd reacted badly when she learned Alex's identity, and her patience to make up for it. And since it was writing that brought them all together - her books and his articles - it's lovely that it's Nim's writing that completes the circle. Nicely done. Thank you!
1fanfiction1 chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
I think this is way good! You seem to know the story and characters pretty well.
ayamey222 chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
lovely story..i like it! keep writing...i could tell the next chapter will be good!
sliz225 chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I always loved Nim's Island, and I think your fic filled in some important gaps. Nicely done!
AirBendingDragonOfNarnia chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
I liked it. Very good. Great ending to the story. There just arn't enough of these.