Reviews for Chimera
Noxbait chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
Oooh...creepy having all those evil monsters show up to torment poor Dean. Nice one shot that actually gave a lot of details on the dynamics of that season.
Naja Melanoleuca chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
This was well written but seriously 5 minutes on Google and you could have figured out the right types of rattlers to put in the Southwest. Easterns don't live that far west not to mention that the hallmark of their bite is massive pain and swelling at the site of the bite. Only Movahe Greens don't cause almost instant pain and edema, which would have fit with where you put them. Plus there is only one type of antivenin used in the US now, CroFab, which works for all vipers so knowing the snake is useful but as long as you can tell it isn't a coral snake, it doesn't matter.
karonkgb chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
I could not breathe just getting Dean to the hospital

Great detail work.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
Oh whoa. Intense. Poor Dean with that stuff in his head and no way to fight back since he was practically paralyzed by the end. And poor Sam not getting reception until it was almost too late.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Great job with the brothers during the intensity of Season 5. The hallucinations (and I so hope they were) were chilling, and I really felt the physical peril. Loved the Luci-snake connection, btw.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This was perfect. Typical Winchester luck, Dean getting bit by a rattlesnake, but thank goodness Sam had the presence of mind to take a pic of it on his phone so it could be identified and Dean get the right anti-venom. Loved how you had Dean hallucinating Ruby, Alistair and Lucifer as he battled the spread of the venom (and I'll take them as imaginary as Sam didn't see them too). Totally believable Sam's desperation to get Dean help, and thank goodness his phone got signal when it did, as the paramedics helicoptered in in the nick of time. Great ending, perfectly fit with the story.
Loved this.
Neshomeleh chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
There are so many stories that are alike... Dean has a cold etc, but this was the first I read with a snake's poison... so I enjoyed it a lot:)
LadyRaylen chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Okay, I started reading the bayou witch story and was very impressed, then started going through your other storys. )

With this one it brings up an interesting idea that I have been kicking around for the last while. It started with the episode 'the dark side of the moon' in season five where they are sitting on the bed, and Dean knows for a fact that they're coming back. As in, there is no doubt in his mind about this.

So my prompt would be, one or both of them dies and there is no saving them. But somehow they come to the conclusion that they will just be brought back..
Elena chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Loved it! And I live in Az, and I've read that creepy crawlIes book like a million times :D

Thanks for sharing!
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Another great story.
The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Love the story! Dean getting bitten by a snake... Yeesh! Even normal critters are gunning for the boys!

Speaking as a snake lover, I have to say you did a great job on the medical aspects-reactions, the idea of dry bites.

But you'd almost NEVER find an Eastern Diamondback in the desert. Most desert rattlers are Mojaves or Western Diamonbacks. (I don't care if my geekiness is showing)
smalld1171 chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
I loved everything about this story. Excellent, amazing read! Thanks so much! :)
TraSan chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Yikes! Poor Dean, as if the venom wasn't wreaking enough hell on his body, it literally played hell on his mind. Love how Sam is still in a geek mindset even when he's worried about Dean and on the verge of a full on mother hen routine that rivals his big brother's. The picture of the snake was a brilliant idea.

Loved it, Sculls!
BarbaraGER chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Very good story, I love the idea of a snake bite somewhere in a dessert and the visitors Dean gets while on the brink of death.

Also, Sam's very well portrayed – not too much worry and schmoop, some banter in between.

Good job! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 3/7/2011
Well, heck, this was another story I found unread in my Inbox. So very sorry I missed it because it was darn good. No, not just darn good; it was fantastic! I'm glad I finally caught up with it.
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »