Reviews for Sunflowers in Dong Bei
AngelRuby235 chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Wow! Dude, ds was incredibly brilliant! Gosh! The way you described each step in their relationship corresponding to each milestone in their history was pure & absolute marvel:-) highly impressive writing style & beautiful portrayal of conflicting emotions, unfathomable angst, humane desires, nostalgia, repressed agony upto the level of utter perfection:-) you've been able to sketch the political scenarios between the two nations pretty nicely too.
Yao was very well-characterized here...he truly does never hesitate to speak his mind.
The ending was a bit vague but please please please don't change it 'cause it adds to the charm of the story & that's why I am quite satisfied with it:-):-)
Fabulous work! One of the most beautiful RoChu fics EVER! (I am surprised there isn't a hundred reviews for ds! Guys! REVIEW THIS! DS IS SOME SERIOUS FICTION! PLEASE!)
theboywiththebread chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
This is such a beautiful story. It's very well written and very captivating, and I love the way that you portrayed the darker times in their relationship.
ElizaJean87 chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
rainmcfae chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
This is one of the loveliest stories I've read - it deserves many, many more reviews than it has! I love how you carry the themes like Russia's memory and the red and the idea of remembering and forgetting throughout the story, and the history and writing is absolutely beautiful. Thank you very much for writing this!
lovejonesy chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
I'm...not sure how to review this story.

It was wonderfully beautiful.
Oliver Jasmine chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
This is a really interesting idea, and I love there way Russia and China are portrayed. I appreciate the chinease and other language words being written out phoneticly. It adds a lot more than mysterious foreign letters like other fics.

This can be safely rated t, save for how deep it is and how dark the history behind it is revealed to be. I really liked this, its all really well thought out and such and I'll definitely see what else you've written.

The only thing missing is a map oo'
meowzers chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
Such few reviews for a good story!

I found your story fascinating and I especially love the flashbacks of what they once were. Keep writing! I await your next story. :D
hyenateeth chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
This is beautiful in ways I can't even describe. You set up a very poignant tone throughout the story that is lovely.
Iruchan chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
This is the most beautiful, heartbreaking "post-Sino-Soviet split" fic I've ever read. You really said it all. I'm hoping for a sequel!
JoeCoolieo chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
There need to be more reviews for this story. Really. XD

This was so... How can I put it? Amazing? I have no clue.

But, I really love it. :D Write more, write more! _
The Real Life Reset Button chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Press A. Please. Though how it turns out is a mystery.

Wow. This is beautiful, an amazing portrayal... ...with a loved pairing too. I wish I had something more amazing to say, but there's nothing much coherent beyond the fact that I loved it. This deserve many future reviews - and keep writing. _