Reviews for Changing Course (Original)
timothy.nguyen.73 chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
3.1/5rating...
DearShootingStars chapter 23 . 9/8/2014
AGH OKAY. THAT'S IT.

I've reached my limit for my annoyance for Ohgi D:

(AM I the only one who wants to punch the bastard in the face? gfdshfdsh)

Damn, this story is so good T.T (And the characters actually grated on my nerves, as I presume as to be intentional.)
Saint River chapter 29 . 6/24/2014
Well it's good you cleared up whether you'd continue this or not. Maybe this rewrite is exactly what this story needs. Looking forward to it.
coolmon16 chapter 29 . 6/23/2014
hey you don't have to delete it just title the new one "Changing Course (Rewrite)" and keep this one up for those who like various parts of it, that would be a better course of action in my opinion.
syn chapter 29 . 6/22/2014
i dont really like it when people DELETE a story just to rewrite it.

A better option is to post a whole new story and let this one be. This allows people who liked the previous story to read it while the rewrite is being posted.

User name: Synbad2
Akuma-Heika chapter 29 . 6/22/2014
please update this when you release the prologue and leave it up for a few days. i will forget otherwise lol.
Rei Rusuragi chapter 29 . 6/21/2014
You could let this version stay up and when you put up the prelouge and ca 5 chapters then you could erase this story as planned

With Kind Regards

Rei Rusuragi
KnightOfHolyLight chapter 29 . 6/21/2014
THx for letting us know. Will read the rewrite once it starts. Just one thing to ask will you remove this story as soon as new one starts or will you leave it here for sometime?
Guest chapter 21 . 5/29/2014
He has already geassed himself before, wouldn't work
Doom Marine 54 chapter 14 . 2/1/2014
If it hadn't been for Suzaku than Nunally would be dead even before Code Geass not to mention the number of times he helped save her within the course of the show.

Who has Suzaku betrayed? Japan? If he hadn't killed his father Japan would have been destroyed in the war with Japan. Lelouch confirmed this. His whole reason for joining the Britannian military was to change the government from the inside and as much as Lelouch fanboys love to bag on him for this. That's exactly what happened in the end, they ended up putting Nunally on the thrown.

So who did he betray? Lelouch? He did not know who Zero was at all from the beginning. By the time he figured it out Lelouch had already used his Geass to make Euphemia commit mass murder (an accident yes but you cannot hold that against Suzaku because he didn't know that) and killed her. From Suzaku's perspective Lelouche is the one who betrayed him first. So by the time he turned him in to the emperor he was no longer Lelouch's friend and therefore owed him nothing.

If he found out who Zero was before Euphemia's death I have no doubt in my mind he would have joined Lelouch. Because before then Suzaku always had faith in Lelouch before Euphemia's death, when his squad leader in episode 1 ordered him to execute Lelouch he vouched that he wasn't a terrorist despite not knowing that and even ignored the mans orders to kill him which got Suzaku shot.

He had faith in Lelouch who was his friend, and his brother in all but blood. The reason Lelouch could not get Suzaku to join his side was because he only ever approached him as Zero, who in Suzaku's eyes was nothing but a terrorist. He did this because he did not trust Suzaku because he knew he joined the military but didn't care to learn why. He lost faith in his friend and because of that Suzaku did not come to his side.

Your dislike of Suzaku is hogwash and so is Nunally feelings towards him.
Matthias the Wanderer chapter 7 . 10/17/2013
I'm going to assume that, since you seem to have handled the scene better, you originally wrote the dialogue for the fight between Suzaku and Bismarck. Look up a story by the name of My Queen by Arthurian knight, and read chapter four.
Saint River chapter 28 . 9/20/2013
In one of the previous chapters, it's nice to see you had Jeremiah use his Geass Cancellor on Milly and Rivalz. The anime never did solve that particular issue.

Concerning to Suzaku, I really hope he wins. You can be quite tough with Suzaku. Granted, that guy was a pain in the ass for most of the series but still... Be a little nicer too him every now and then.

It's not often an OC gets his parents shown. Jarvis is quite the villain and has a nice title to him. I'm not quite sure on what to make of Duncan and Megumi.
Saint River chapter 23 . 9/20/2013
Well Rolo is dead. I guess it was inevitable. Still, I wished they'd work things out with him. Nunnally in particular was very hostile towards him. On the other hand though, Anya decided to stay with Lelouch and his group. This is just me saying about I've always wanted to see a group composing of Lelouch, Nunnally, Rolo, Kallen, Suzaku, Anya, Jeremiah and Sayoko. This here comes really close. Just minus Rolo and Suzaku. And added with Jinta and Kaisuke.

Also, the last few chapters really cleared up a lot of things for a lot of people. This fic really covers up a lot of firsts. Well to my knowledge at least.

In regards to Kaisuke, I really don't know what to think of him.
Saint River chapter 18 . 9/20/2013
Okay. This is most probably no longer important but I'm going to give my thoughts about Jinta. This is going to somewhat extensive. Now please don't take any of what I have to say negatively.

He is generally an okay guy. I appreciate the fact that he's helping out Lelouch. And while I do enjoy a character who has had some history with the canon side characters. I mean it's not everday you find a fic where the OC was the 'childhood friend' of the side characters. Mostly about 99.9% of the time, they're the friend of the main character so it's a relief to see Jinta not being a former associate of Lelouch. And like I said, while I do enjoy an OC being formerly associate with the side characters, I can't help but feel that's it's too much for him to be both a former associate of Charles and Kallen and Naoto's group.

And from what I've read somewhere in this fic, Kaisuke is all like him in that sense except that for him, his parents knew Todoh and the people from Villa Aries(?).

Concerning Jinta's abilities, his 'Multi-Functional Other Dimension' and 'Paralysis' abilities are pretty interesting and it's good that you gave his paralysis ability has a limit and a drawback. And while I may argue that his abilities either comes with 'age' or something taught from one Code Bearer to another, it's a bit too much that his the only one who could do it. But it could bring about problems if C.C. had this ability all along. But then again, she's C.C. and it would be expect from her to withhold such abilities. Also, during their little argument in this chapter, I first expected someone to say that they're acting like a married couple. At which they would react, insinuating that they once were.

But the one thing that really bugs me about Jinta is his name. It's good to see a Code Bearer OC who actually reveals his original name but to still use it just didn't suit with me. Sorry. I often refer to him as K.K. rather than Jinta.

My overall evaluation of Jinta is that he is a fixer character. And you can ignore this statement. My impression of him what I read about him in chapter one was wrong. I apologize if any of this upset you.
Saint River chapter 13 . 9/20/2013
This will serve to cover out the previous chapters. I've noticed that all the scene which do not involve Jinta, regardless of him actually being there or being talked about, you tend to keep the dialogue the same, word for word, as the english version of anime. You've also done this in the 99th Emperor. Now I'm not holding this against you. While some may call it lazy, I understand that making up a dialogue which essentially mean the same can be difficult.

On another note, I'm really glad to see Jeremiah, Sayoko, Kallen and Nunnally being a part of the scene where Lelouch confronts and beats the Emperor and Marianne. Truly a first in CG fanfics. I've only known of one other fic who has added another character to the confrontation. It was Rolo who was with Lelouch though. I've forgotten the title but that's not important.

I really like the dialogue here especially what Jeremiah said to Marianne as to why he won't said with her. On a more personal note, I simply did not like the scene where Jinta punches Charles. Despite what he is, I believe such a close hit just was 'appropriate' for Charles. I would have liked it better if Charles grabbed Jinta's neck instead and Jinta gets him to back off without punching him. But that's just me. I apologize if I stepped out of line.

And one last thing, I've noticed you have occasional grammar errors. Nothing to big but just saying.