Reviews for Changing Course (Original)
shadowwriter01 chapter 14 . 2/9
Funny how so many people feel the need to defend Suzaku and say he is "honorable", when in fact he
a) knowingly supports a genocidal Dictatorship that enslaved his homeland and around 16 other nations, killed millions in the process, reduced the population literally to "numbers" and let God knows how many millions more die from horrible living conditions under their occupation.
b) Actively helps to conquer and enslave "more" nations and do to them the same the Empire had done to Japan. (EU campaign)
c) Does all that for his "noble" goal to become Dictator of Japan. (Yes, goddamnit, that is his actually concrete goal. Not to "change the system from within" as he always claims. The Knight of One having dominance over Japan given to him by the Emperor doesnt makes it free. It just makes him quasi Viceroy of Area 11, still under the rule of the Empire.)
Republic Che chapter 1 . 10/6/2016
I love both this fic and the rewrite!
shadowwriter01 chapter 18 . 8/3/2016
It is kind of funny how everyone is ranting about the "horrible" things Zero had done, but is willingly cooperating with Schneizel, Suzaku and Cornelia, who had caused similar and worse things.
timothy.nguyen.73 chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
3.1/5rating...
DearShootingStars chapter 23 . 9/8/2014
AGH OKAY. THAT'S IT.

I've reached my limit for my annoyance for Ohgi D:

(AM I the only one who wants to punch the bastard in the face? gfdshfdsh)

Damn, this story is so good T.T (And the characters actually grated on my nerves, as I presume as to be intentional.)
Saint River chapter 29 . 6/24/2014
Well it's good you cleared up whether you'd continue this or not. Maybe this rewrite is exactly what this story needs. Looking forward to it.
coolmon16 chapter 29 . 6/23/2014
hey you don't have to delete it just title the new one "Changing Course (Rewrite)" and keep this one up for those who like various parts of it, that would be a better course of action in my opinion.
syn chapter 29 . 6/22/2014
i dont really like it when people DELETE a story just to rewrite it.

A better option is to post a whole new story and let this one be. This allows people who liked the previous story to read it while the rewrite is being posted.

User name: Synbad2
Akuma-Heika chapter 29 . 6/22/2014
please update this when you release the prologue and leave it up for a few days. i will forget otherwise lol.
Rei Rusuragi chapter 29 . 6/21/2014
You could let this version stay up and when you put up the prelouge and ca 5 chapters then you could erase this story as planned

With Kind Regards

Rei Rusuragi
KnightOfHolyLight chapter 29 . 6/21/2014
THx for letting us know. Will read the rewrite once it starts. Just one thing to ask will you remove this story as soon as new one starts or will you leave it here for sometime?
Guest chapter 21 . 5/29/2014
He has already geassed himself before, wouldn't work
Doom Marine 54 chapter 14 . 2/1/2014
If it hadn't been for Suzaku than Nunally would be dead even before Code Geass not to mention the number of times he helped save her within the course of the show.

Who has Suzaku betrayed? Japan? If he hadn't killed his father Japan would have been destroyed in the war with Japan. Lelouch confirmed this. His whole reason for joining the Britannian military was to change the government from the inside and as much as Lelouch fanboys love to bag on him for this. That's exactly what happened in the end, they ended up putting Nunally on the thrown.

So who did he betray? Lelouch? He did not know who Zero was at all from the beginning. By the time he figured it out Lelouch had already used his Geass to make Euphemia commit mass murder (an accident yes but you cannot hold that against Suzaku because he didn't know that) and killed her. From Suzaku's perspective Lelouche is the one who betrayed him first. So by the time he turned him in to the emperor he was no longer Lelouch's friend and therefore owed him nothing.

If he found out who Zero was before Euphemia's death I have no doubt in my mind he would have joined Lelouch. Because before then Suzaku always had faith in Lelouch before Euphemia's death, when his squad leader in episode 1 ordered him to execute Lelouch he vouched that he wasn't a terrorist despite not knowing that and even ignored the mans orders to kill him which got Suzaku shot.

He had faith in Lelouch who was his friend, and his brother in all but blood. The reason Lelouch could not get Suzaku to join his side was because he only ever approached him as Zero, who in Suzaku's eyes was nothing but a terrorist. He did this because he did not trust Suzaku because he knew he joined the military but didn't care to learn why. He lost faith in his friend and because of that Suzaku did not come to his side.

Your dislike of Suzaku is hogwash and so is Nunally feelings towards him.
Matthias the Wanderer chapter 7 . 10/17/2013
I'm going to assume that, since you seem to have handled the scene better, you originally wrote the dialogue for the fight between Suzaku and Bismarck. Look up a story by the name of My Queen by Arthurian knight, and read chapter four.
Saint River chapter 28 . 9/20/2013
In one of the previous chapters, it's nice to see you had Jeremiah use his Geass Cancellor on Milly and Rivalz. The anime never did solve that particular issue.

Concerning to Suzaku, I really hope he wins. You can be quite tough with Suzaku. Granted, that guy was a pain in the ass for most of the series but still... Be a little nicer too him every now and then.

It's not often an OC gets his parents shown. Jarvis is quite the villain and has a nice title to him. I'm not quite sure on what to make of Duncan and Megumi.