Reviews for Pokemon Mary Sue Example
fictionisthebest754 chapter 2 . 11/1/2013
hey
i wrote a story once and someone wrote that it was too mary sueish
but i still dont see how
i mean she was upset about something from her past
but not completly
well peace
wolfboydude52 chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Why don't you see my OC? Reggie Allen Lumen. I would be happy if you read the entire thing, because his personality is slightly different after chapter 5. He has flaws, he has a short fuse and trigger (He gets REALLY angry if you set off the fuse), though he never lost, he was down to his last quite a few times, and he never backs down from a fight, or to help others, which have gotten him stronger, but have also gotten him in many bad situations. Also, he's killed a guy, and his pokemon, and didn't think anything about it besides "He's finally gone' so he's a little psycho. (By knocking him out after he hit the self destruct button, nobody else knows that he killed him.) If he is, he's different because he has a few flaws where as most sue's have one. They also don't have an unknown murder record. (Even if they do, that would be their motivation to overcome their flaw, he doesn't think anything about it.)
Silver Demon Sword chapter 2 . 12/12/2012
I'm not sure about mine. They have some sueish traits but mainly because of the plotline.
Buttonhat chapter 1 . 12/10/2012
LOL!
That made me laugh. Very good work!
Aline azurE chapter 2 . 9/16/2012
Wow! Thank you very much for making this fic! :D
This is really helpful! I wish there's more of fanfic just like this. I already read few article abt mary sue but my concept still blur... This fiction help me!
Instant Fave!
JORTENDO chapter 2 . 8/5/2012
...my OC has two said traits: the powers and the self insert.

But not to worry, the self insert won't be the "gets together with the CC" fic.

I haven't put much though into the powers though. At least not as much as I should.

I'm going to use this as a guide
Wandering to the End chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Thank you for writing down an example Sue story. I was just chatting with my sister and she had no clue what a Sue was and was so tired she didn't understand when I tried to give her an example so tomarrow morning this will help me a bunch.
XxKoykoyxX chapter 2 . 2/25/2012
I just started a Pokemon story, an original OT story actually. I wanna to make sure that my Oc isn't too marysue-ish but since I don't have any reviews or even critique (which I need one badly, since I'm terrible at judging my own stories) I wonder if you were kind enough to check out...? You could either PM your opinion of it or leave a review, if you do decide to take a look.
mau5girl chapter 2 . 5/2/2011
Haha this is great! Mary Sues are just like characters that are larger-than-life, right? I REALLY hate it when people do that to their main characters. Almost all main characters have to get every oppertunity and win every battle and badge. Sometimes Ash from the TV series can be Sueish. He wins every badge one way or another. -_-
TMNTurtwig chapter 2 . 3/22/2011
I just wanted to say that you should be careful about the flaws. Meaningless flaws are just that- meaningless. So what if you mentioned your character has dry scalp, everyone still falls head over heels all over them. So what if they're clumsy, it's not like that clumsyness would ever have any real effect other than providing romantic/embarrassing situations/encounters. Now, if that clumsiness got them captured by Team so-and-so, made them lose a championship, or something else of significance then it could be considered a flaw. The same with multi-colored contacts, don't just give them weird eyes for the sake of having weird eyes.

By the way, this wasn't meant to be about your stories. I have no idea if you write mary-sues or how you write their flaws or whatever, that was just for your help guide thing here.

~FoAr
Flashfire360 chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
This is hilarious! XD
Dragonsrule18 chapter 2 . 11/9/2010
Great job on the Mary sue guide! Sues are really annoying.
Cinnamoroll22 chapter 2 . 10/11/2010
Interesting examples of a Mary Sue! These sure will be helpful to anyone who reads this. Great job!
Smashing Good Time chapter 2 . 10/9/2010
Favouriting this.

An excellent guide to Mary Sues. Good show.
CaramelldansenXLove chapter 2 . 10/8/2010
Awesome sauce. Amazing traits. Could have added some more details and such, but a solid outline. You can't BELIEVE how many people should read this...and not just in Pokemon!

should have a judging tab thing. That way, people can judge whether OCs are Mary-Sues or not. How I would abosolutely love that feature.

I can't wait for your next installment. New authors out there would highly appreciate it, and so would I. Gives me a lot to think about. Like how I should change my story a bit.

However, though the main characters don't have to be in EVERY chapter(they should be in a majority though), they do have to be distinctive. So they should either be the highlight, or mentioned in chapters breifly and such, so readers could identify them.

Also, contacts are often used. What I don't understand is why people don't use glasses now-a-days. I don't see many ten years old parents allow their children to wear contacts...heck, I'm older than that and I STILL won't get contacts for about two years.

It is also perfectly okay for authors to use adjectives like pretty or beautiful. He or she could say 'her normally staright, almond brown hair was now curled and beautifully fluffed, her spending two hours on it. After all, today was the day she would graduate!' As long as there's a good reason of course.

Hmmm...the body section could need some adding. Like how ten year olds shouldn't be 5 feet. Actually, they should be 4 feet at the most. They shouldn't be too skinny or too fat either. The're still growing. They could be chubby, or they could be smaller than others their age, but that's about it. However, your character COULD be skinny is they were not properly fed and such. THey shouldn't be too skinny if they went on a diet.

The History/Personality section should have their own sections. Although it doesn't seem like it, those four are EXTREMELY important. They affect the character. For example, a signle child could be more shy than the eldest f foru children. Or the baby of the family could be more childish than the middle child hat was bulllied by older brothers. Or if they were raised by single parents, he or she could either be more feminine or masculine.

Their name shouldn't have been put into TOO much time into. I mean, its a name. The first should be thought out carefully though, seeing as that's how the character will be referred to by many instead of their last name. But still, the last and first name shouldn't go like 'Violet Ivy Rose' or 'Nicole Ann Anderson'. Many word names don't technically mean Mary Sue. It could be 'Jennifer Jericho Amiya Lasidor'. I put Jericho for her middle name and Amiya as her mother's maiden name. THat's how I was named...

Main characters should win more battle frequently, but not every battle. Each battle should teach the main character something. If the main character loses all the time, then he or she could receive more training. Or if he or she wins all the time, they should suffer a grueling lost sometime. It all depends on the plot and the author.

CHaracters should also have talents that they're good at. It gives them a sense of individuality. All in all, you have t make sure he or she is a balanced character. For example, you can use yourself as an example. Like, I'm pretty goo dwith drawing(You'd think nine years of lessons will do that), but I'm horrible with music(as in singing, dancing, instruments, etc.) Some characters will do things other won't, in abetter or worse way. Doesn't make them an over-exxageration.

I do agree with the last parts. I applaud you!