Reviews for Ever Just the Same
dark bewd chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
I think this is a really nice story, but would have been better if the ending was prolonged
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
Just like all of the past reviews have said, you've created a very good story here. I like your plot, characterization, and writing - everything is very solid, with only a few minor typos here and there (ex: second line: "He took off as soon as caught word heard of the bandits" - should be, "he took off as soon as HE caught word of the bandits").

I think these are my favorite lines: "If you do not think we are just," the pharaoh said. "Then you must become one of us and show us true justice." - That perfectly captures the entirety of the story and both the Pharaoh and Seto's characters.

Good job on this! )

Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
safa'at keruth chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I love the twist that you put with Seth saying that he's most definitely not joining the Pharaoh's priests. It was somewhat satisfying, after reading what Akunadin did to him/Kisara, to read his somewhat horrified reaction when he's asked that. ('Spat,' by the way, is grammatically incorrect - 'spit' is the past tense of 'spit,' and 'spat' is slang. Don't worry; I told this to Defenestration of the Mind too :D)

My favorite part of the entire story was probably these lines:

"Your judgment, pharaoh?"

"...the girl is too dangerous to let live," the pharaoh concluded. "She cannot control her ka. At sundown, we must execute her."

"I can control it!" She screamed. "It hasn't come out since that day-"

I just loved the phrasing of it and the utter truth in the statement of 'she cannot control her ka,' especially how Kisara tries rather ineffectively to justify herself afterward. Although it was a depressing scene, the excellent way it was written made me smile.

Your grammar and spelling were generally pretty good, although I think your writing style was a bit too simple and clipped. I think if you added more detail, then it would flow better. (Or it could be a stylistic thing that you have...)

Anyway, good job and good luck!

Keruth
Always a Bookworm chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
*cries* Such a heartbreaking story, very cleverly written. Kisara's last line to him was just so moving! Anyway, excellent job- don't worry, it didn't feel long at all! :)

I really enjoyed reading this, it was a lovely and well written interpretation of the pairing.

Great work, and good luck! :D

Bookworm
Animom chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
It's fascinating all the ways that people interpret this story, and fill in the blanks between their first and second canon meeting. Your version of Kisara has very much the "feel" of her anime incarnation.
XSuicuneX chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
DAMN.

No really, damn...

That was...amazing.

And they wonder why Seto's such a grumpy man...with a past life that sucks THAT much.

Poor Set.