Reviews for Gone Native
Frozen in Idaho chapter 63 . 8/12/2017
Love, over, love your story! I've looked at it several times but have never read it finally picked it up a week ago and . . . Well look where I am now. Thanks for writing an amazing story.
ocean-of-ink chapter 63 . 7/10/2017
I finished this story a few days ago, but I wasn't sure what to say. I'm still not sure, but I'll try.
I started reading this fic when you had only published a few chapters, several years ago. In the time since, my taste in fics has changed a lot, but I've still enjoyed reading this story during these last few months.
Even though it's "just" a fanfiction, it's one of the best representations of post-apocalyptic society I've seen. It's a hopeful but realistic portrayal of humanity dealing with, basically, the end of the world. It's just a great story.
Arvoija chapter 63 . 7/9/2017
I really liked this story. I feel a little sad that it's over. Thank you for this great story. I have no idea what to say.
ocean-of-ink chapter 62 . 7/6/2017
This is a sweet chapter. I liked the messaging part in the middle - it's a good way to show the passing of time and the relationships between people. I also like that Max threatened Burns to fet him to remove that Soul. It's very realistic that not every human would react the same way (by trying to kill Burns). Also, I think I said this in an earlier review, but I really like that Burns is so willing to remove Souls, and that he's barely conflicted about it. He's completely on the side of the humans.
Mrktgpl chapter 63 . 7/1/2017
Thank you so much for writing this story, and especially for coming back and finishing it. You did a great job of staying true to the source material and yet creating your own, fully-believable, characters. I will miss Burns and his family, and I'm glad you're leaving them in such a good place. As one other reviewer suggested, it would be great to get an epilogue set some years in the future, especially since Meyer does not seem likely to return to this world in future books. Great job.
ocean-of-ink chapter 61 . 6/30/2017
Poor Rachel. Poor Rob. And Dawn and Charissa. This is just a sad chapter for everyone. (still well-written, of course)
ocean-of-ink chapter 60 . 6/30/2017
Good chapter! I'm off to read the next one.
Drunken Hamster chapter 63 . 6/29/2017
WHAT, IT'S OVER!?

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*continues endlessly*

{~Drunk}
FtDLulz chapter 63 . 6/28/2017
Wow, I definitely didn't expect this to be updated so frequently after such a long hiatus, but here we are. Thank you so much for coming back to this and finishing it! Sorry that I haven't been reviewing consistently, but I usually read chapters between work or right before bed so I don't have time to come up with something helpful.

Again, thank you for giving us such a fun story to read. It's always great to see one!
Guest chapter 63 . 6/28/2017
Wonderful perfect ending! Ahhhh I feel like it melded in with the original so well. And it feels more complete.
I almost want like a 10 years in the future snap shot... /.\ from raynes point of view maybe... hmm but anyways you did such a great job with this story... it's literally the only story on fan fiction that I've kept reading, others just didn't keep my attention or develops the story as well.
Love love love :)
EbonyWing chapter 62 . 6/26/2017
Aw, that was so lovely! I'm so glad Nate found someone. XD

I liked how everyone stuck up for Burns too with the whole "pet worm" thing, that was cool. ;)
Drunken Hamster chapter 61 . 6/18/2017
Yeah, Andrew and that old woman soul.

Don't forget about her, eh?

~Drunk
ocean-of-ink chapter 59 . 6/10/2017
Burns is a really good leader. I know he's been the leader for a while, but this chapter shows why. I also like that Rayne started helping Eric - she's growing up! She can do things to help out!
ocean-of-ink chapter 58 . 6/4/2017
I like this chapter. Romance in stories usually doesn't interest me, but the Burns/Jess aspect is sweet. I like that Burns was able to give Ellen helpful advice.
ocean-of-ink chapter 57 . 5/20/2017
I enjoyed this chapter. I like all the little details you put in about the various characters: Evan and Ellen fighting, Paul still not being allowed to join them, Burns preferring to work with Nate because they've been partners for years but deciding he knows Ellen well enough to work with her, Russell still not liking Burns but being willing to trust him with his family, the new group of humans not wanting to go to the silo. That sort of background detail makes your world seem real. Every one of those actions is entirely believable.