Reviews for Gone Native
Love it!
Drunken Hamster chapter 46 . 7/20
The ending felt wrong and abrupt. But I liked the whole thing nonetheless.

A "re-write" of 'part 3' and then a continuation after that would be bone-chillingly awesome.

Outty,
-Drunk
Pyref1y chapter 20 . 1/3
Just started and I couldn't stop. I would have read the entire thing in one shot if I didn't have to be up early in the morning! I haven't finished, but I'm faving it anyway. Will read the rest soon!
JewelRinoa chapter 8 . 8/16/2014
Still here heheh xD exciting so far :D I wish I could read more, but a later time perhaps :D
JewelRinoa chapter 2 . 8/16/2014
Second Chapter :D And I'm still here, I like how you characterized Burns his thoughts, feelings, and personality all seem genuine :D
JewelRinoa chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
I've just started reading your story 0.0 I have to say I'm a bit nervous, mostly because these characters have so much freedom in them. Unristricted by the author. :D but at the same time I can't help but be intrigued :)
Guest chapter 46 . 7/2/2014
Loved this whole story. Thank you.
CatGirlFireflare chapter 46 . 6/27/2014
afuidpsbfusapfbdyhauoldhfoa *is spasming* CANNOT...COMPUTE...AMAZINGNESS...DYING..SO...MINDBLOWING...GAAHHH!
Guest chapter 8 . 6/27/2014
Wow, I just read eight chapters of this in a row. So far I love it so much so I just had to thank you for writing it. I always wanted a sequel to the Host one that gave more depth to the souls utopian society an its contrast to human nature.
Guest chapter 27 . 3/28/2014
I'm sorry I dont stop to review each chapter, but i figured since you've already written the whole story, my feedback would be pointless.
Interesting story, truly, but I think maybe you overuse Sleep a bit don't you? A miracle savior for every problem is not a good way to maintain reader's interest. Remember that for your future fics...
Otherwise, I like the way you portray Burns, and can't wait to read the rest of this fic :)
I wish I had time and talent to write fanfics too... envy you!
Truly a fan...
Kamil the Awesome chapter 46 . 12/15/2013
That was super adorable.

I can't believe I just said that…
JuseaPeterson chapter 46 . 12/10/2013
I hope you feel better, it’s no fun being sick. And as for uninspired, I hate when I feel like that. I hope you can find your inspiration again.

I did like this chapter, I loved how it had been a year and they celebrated it. The rouse was quite funny and I enjoyed the Jess and Burns stuff. Great chapter. I do hope that you’ll be able to write more, but it’s understandable if there’s a lot of time or otherwise. Great job on this as a whole, I completely loved it and think you did such an amazing job with this. Thank you.
Jelly-fisher68 chapter 46 . 12/8/2013
Aweeeeeee Yay! I love it!
Perfect! :D
I love all the characters. And the plot and everything.
If yu leave it as it is ill b happy:)
But if you come back to it later ill be happiest xD
RedSeven chapter 46 . 12/8/2013
Well, it was a fun ride while it lasted. My two cents? If this is the end of "Gone Native," the confrontation between Burns' group and the Seekers at the farm makes for a suitable climax of the story. At over 95,000 words, the story of Burns' arrival on Earth, his budding friendship with Nate, the rescue of more human survivors, and the dream of creating a permanent safe haven in the old missile silo makes for a novel in itself. That is definitely a feather in your cap.

Given the title of the story, it'd be great if the story eventually got to the point where Burns and Nate encounter Wanda's group in the desert and the two Souls carried out the "Meaningful Echo" trope (the "gone native" and "it's a strange world" lines).

Practically though, that's a tall order. Might I suggest using the Star Wars method and turning the follow-up stories into an episodic format? Putting a large space of time in between stories might help in moving things along. I've used that, putting years in between stories whenever I can't figure out how to plot out a storyline, and going back to write up a full-length story to insert in the time gap once I finally get that light bulb over my head (of course with that route there's always a chance for the usual prequel inconsistencies and retcons).

But in the meantime, you've got one of the better fics in this category. I'm sure you'll get your stride back, and the result will be worth the wait.
Bloodredfirefly chapter 46 . 12/8/2013
No, it's wonderful. It would be really cool to see them moving on and moving in at the desert, but I understand why that's nothing short of a monster-sized task that you don't want to attempt if you're not able to finish it. I still think this is fantastic - even more so because you've finished it:-)