Reviews for And I Would Grow Old With You
Guest chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
Very beautifully written along with great characterization to the point where I can truly see this happening within the game. Great story. :)
moonoverwater chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
I LOVE this story. You managed to convey so much subtlety with so few words. That's a skill that I really envy. Superb job!
EmptyGo-Gone chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
I super enjoyed how this was broken up into sections especially. Very nice. I also super like how it was Ryouji's perspective because it was lovely that way. ]
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Oh, viciously beautiful and so strangely erotic! Wonderful work.
Cuna999 chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
Just...beautiful. Violent, but restrained. Painful and melancholic. Hard to describe, I guess, but it captures Ryoji and Minako. :)

I love how it ended; the summary was intriguing in itself.
Nacreous Clouds chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
You know what, you're just amazing at what you do. Way to make me jealous. xD Uhm, yes. :)
AnimaniacXOX chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Ryoji and Minako stories are always sad and melancholic. But it's not a RyojiMinako fanfic without the tears. Great job!
Klutzilla01 chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Loved this so much. It's beautifully written, I think. Well expressive of Ryoji's feelings I think. Isn't it nice when the writing takes over?

An instant favorite, thanks so much for writing!
heylalaa chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
this is. just so. BEAUTIFUL. &hearts
ToonyTwilight chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Very well done!
Rayless Night chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Excellent piece - nabbed me right from the summary.

You've done a wonderful job, condensing and parsing this complicated relationship, the different angles it can be viewed from. The language is lovely, frightening and passionate, sometimes running into a slipstream, sometimes slamming to a halt to focus on just the right details.

Great characterization. Ryoji's single-mindedness reminds me strongly of Aigis' later social links, which feels appropriate. Also I really like how you home in on contrasts - kissing her hand vs breaking her fingers, drowned vs burned, Ryoji's physical delicacy vs what he actually is. Minako's engaging, energetic characterization is briefer, but also serves as a contrast to Ryoji.

Finally, I love how complicated and uncompromising this is. There's nothing easy or squee-ish or fluffy about this. There's a sweetness, but there's also rapacity, and neither cancels out the other. It's hard to know whether to feel sorry for Ryoji or to be freaked out by him. Even with all these dynamics going on, the story feels neither too short nor too long.

Crit:

There's a fair number of typos.

Content-wise, the Junpei scene bothers me. I like it, it's well-written, but I think it's unnecessary and complicates an otherwise streamlined piece. First, it adds Junpei, whereas everywhere else this story has had a pretty binary focus on Ryoji and Minako. Secondly, it peripherally tosses Shinji into the mix and makes the reader wonder about *that* relationship. And then it doesn't really come up again.

I see how it leads into the next section, where Ryoji's jealous, but I feel it takes away from the story's main focus. I think the Junpei scene could be removed, especially given that Ryoji's already jealous of the unnamed boy in scene 3.

Sorry I went on forever - it's a really strong piece, so I really have to look at fine details when critting it.
itsi3 chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Since I have no clue who these people are of their past I'm confused... But I love the way you wrote it and I'm curious to find out more! *Crystal
KeyLimeChibi chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Oh god oh god. This was everything I ever wanted in a RyojiMinako fic. I love Ryoji's dark side and how it comes out so possessive and obsessive. This was done beautifully! Thank you so much for sharing!
SiriusRain chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
This is...simply... .awesome.I absolutely loved this!u depicted what i thought Ryoji feels perfectly 3 all those conflict in him...wanting mshe...wanting to destroy her...great work 3 love it!
Invisible.Words chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Amazing read! I've never played or heard of this but I want to now...