Reviews for Pretend
Random Sox chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
Sequal would be good, god I do love freeverses. They are just so beautiful you know? The best bit in my opinion was:

"You f-o-r-g-e-t,

He is the same guy,

You warned Parvati against.

You f-o-r-g-e-t,

He is the same guy,

You always hated."

Because repeating f-o-r-g-e-t just brought the fact that she is completely surrendering to him into brighter light and showed the reader just how cunning Blaise is.

Now I hate Lav-lav as a general rule but because you wrote this so well she didn't bother me. Now if Blaise had been Ron I would be bashing this within an inch of its life but because its a stuck-up Slytherin it worked so well.

I am going off on a tangent so i am just going to end my review here now. A great freeverse.
with the monsters chapter 1 . 10/29/2010
This is simply beautiful (: I love FreeVerse, I think it tells stories brilliantly, and you certainly haven't disappointed here at all. I love the idea of this pairing, and I reallyreally adore your Lavender. She's perfect and flawed and just so attention-grabbing. Brilliant piece!
controlled climb chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
That's so sad :c The way you added Parvati was fantastic, and just because of Lavender's character, I can definitely see her toying around with Blaise.

I like that you didn't overuse formatting, and found that very refreshing for a Free Verse poem. The only thing I wish had happened with that the lines were longer, but that's just a personal preference.

The way you portrayed Lavender's feelings and emotions was simply fantastic, and overall I found the whole scenario very believable.

Good job!

I'd love to see a companion :)
TayaCurragh chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
This a really great poem. I've never read this pairing before but you make it sound really interesting. The way you've used the whole 'forbidden fruit' idea is really good, it seems really realistic. I like how you've added Parvarti, it creates extra depth, as Lavender knows he belongs to her. I like how you emphasise only a few words using brackets/italics, it makes tese stand out much more. Well done :)
Morghen chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Oh, I love the forbidden theme of this freeverse - it was really well carried out. Even though Parvati and Lavender are very close friends, I can still imagine Lavender being one of those friends who messes around with Parvati's boyfriend so this was pretty realistic to me. I liked how Lavender knew it was wrong, though and she knew that she would just be hurt in the end. I would like to see a sequel for this if you decide to write one.

-Morghen
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
That was a very interesting poem. You created a wonderful dynamic between the chatacters, and Parvati added a great twist to their affair. I especially liked that you didn't over do the special effects etc., because it added to the power of your words. Great job.
icedintheveins chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
I feel really stupid because I have no idea how to explain how much I like this.I just.. Do. A lot. Huh. I like that you didn't use a ton of italics or bold it sort of emphasised the meaning better. Well, I promise to leave you a better review next time. (Ahaha! I put this review in the Review Tag Forum on accident- its early in the morning..)
Nuit des Etoiles chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
I really like the idea of this pairing, I think you should write a companion fic - I would definately read it :)

Anyway, I like it, well done :)
Dream of Many Dreams chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I really like it. Excellent poem. I loved the story to it. It was a bit sad, though. But it made it all the better.
in sync chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I really liked this.

I love BlaiseParvati, but you've got me routing for LavenderBlaise by the end of this. The way it all happened seemed very believable as well.

A companion fic to this would be interesting. If you do put it up, PM me, yeah?

Mystii
hot chocolate mess chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
that was very good. a companion fic would be nice.
RoyalJamboree chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
I love the basis for this poem, because for some reason, the pairings are so absurd it's utterly believable.

I also thought it was very interesting that you didn't mention anything about Lavender feeling overwhelmingly guilty for Parvati in the situation and I think that says a lot about Lavender's character here.

My only criticism would be to change 'That he ain't yours,' and use 'That he isn't yours,' instead. :)

I liked it overall though, and I think you have a wonderful style. :)

Happy Writing,

RoyalJamboree
magic.is.out.there chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
wow..nice :)
Angel-of-Cake chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
I've never seen a Lavendar/Blaise fic before but this is great. It seems pretty realistic and I like the way it's written in free verse.