Reviews for Brothers Grimm
June Hiryu chapter 10 . 5/22
I really liked how you portrayed all the characters, especially Russia.
I am also thankful that you refered to people and not google translate to write in other languages. It's frustrating sometimes to see mistakes. You had one or two of them in french but it doesen't matter since the rest was perfect.
Amazing story, good job!
Skyler chapter 34 . 5/21
Seems I'm rather late to the party, but just wanted to drop a note and thank you for putting together a really great story with so much history tucked into it. It's awesome to have the learning and some really compelling characters all wrapped up together and easily associated. I wish you'd been able to continue, but life happens. Thanks for 30 chapters of enjoyment.
Stay Awesome.
Lithium-ShapedBox chapter 34 . 3/18
Hi there. I've reread your story over and over again, and I have to honestly say, it is one of the best Hetalia fan fiction ever. I love how you wrote the story and how the characters interact with each other, especially Germany and Prussia.
I really hope you will update soon, but I understand if you don't have time, or you have writer's block. I'll wait for the story because it is worth it.
CloudCarnivore chapter 34 . 2/25
Can't wait for more chapters soon! Will Germany meet the Italies soon? During WW2?
Germanic Spazz chapter 34 . 1/21
It's a sad day when I come back from an 18 month trip (having not used fanfiction the whole time) and I see that this story has not updated since then.
Sigh...well, I understand that its hard to write when there is no inspiration or desire. Just know that your work is brilliant! I love this story so much!
Though if it isn't too much trouble, I'd like to know what your plan is with this story. Just to be sure, has it officially been abandoned?
Hippo chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
Hi! I hope you haven't abandoned this story yet oo That would be saddening as it's by far the best concerning the two brothers as of now !
I am only at chapter 10 but I adore the way you write each character. I was surprised that Prussia recognized Germany as a fellow "nation" that quickly but it made sense in retrospect.
Actually there is nothing to critisize (I've never heart of christmas pickles? Is it some east german tradition? oo" ) But some German words sound weird to me (or are slightly incorrect D:)
The plural of kartoffel Kartoffeln (with capital K as it is a noun) not Kartoffels! (And every noun is written with a capital letter Sauerkraut as well.
Concerning Schokoladentorte, did you mean a cake or a torte (with whipped cream decorations etc.) it confused me quite a bit because the description was like that of a cake but a Torte is something different. if you type Schokoladenkuchen in google and Schokoladentorte you'll see the difference. (I am sorry _)

I don't know but "Depp" also seemed ill placed as an insult. It sounds off (it is a legitimate word in German but... As far as I remember people down south (Austria as well) wouldn't use it. If I'm not mistaken.) It would be rather Dummkopf. (dumbhead) or you can leave idiot (we say that as well)
Wichser didn't exist back in 1806. It was developed in World War I! :o (other than that it fit the Siuation though! )
Himmel Donner Wetter (Capital letters!) if you get tired of that you can also say Himmel Arsch und Zwirn (Heaven, ass and yarn oo)
But I loooove the way you use swear words. really! So many different ones. It makes it really lively :D
I was really happy about Grüß Gott and Halt die Schnauze as well :D
Dankeschön is not outdated btw o_o and the Schlaf Schön! had me squealing so cute !
Hundlein isn't something you would say. Hündchen would be the correct term.
"Sie" is very formal ! A big mistake when using German ! You'd use it on a person you respect (Like a teacher) But since they know each other and Prussia is not the most polite person AND he is threathening with death, you really would never use Sie (especially when wanting to kill somebody) "Ich sollte dich töten!" would be correct. (It's not that grave but it does change the mood to amused)

I hope you are not angry but German is a really complicated language (and to me serious business oo) and some mistakes can lead to funny coincidences Torte/Kuchen Sie/dich
Lev chapter 34 . 4/18/2014
Wow, such an amazing and complex story! I think this is the best Prussia/Germany story out there! Great job! It could easily be turned into a history book. It is definitely the best story and the most historical accurate story I have read. I am so curious and anxious to see how you will portray WW1 and how will the brothers relationship evolve. I am not into the Hetalia fandom that much anymore. But I will definitely follow and check your story for updates)

Awesome story. Please don't give it up and please update soon! xD
Marie chapter 34 . 3/30/2014
I love your story ! Please update soon ;-;
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 34 . 3/13/2014
You have NO idea how hard it is for me to out-right laugh at something. Usually when I find something amusing I just blow out more air then usual from out of my nose. I thought I had lost the ability to laugh, really. BUT ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST, THANKS TO YOU.

I mean really, I can very well picture Germany going on some sporadic spouts of "insanity" now and then. Like his fascination with cars and his sudden passion for driving them. I think I would be excited too if the concept of a car was new to me. As for the scene that made this serious girl laugh... when Germany gave that smile to Prussia while he was driving, and Prussia holding on to Blackie for dear life I could picture is so clearly I would draw it if I could. If I had even the most fundamental knowledge of anatomy.

Alas, as I do not, I content myself witb picturing the scene Hetalia-style. As this seems to be the most final chapter you have posted, I wanna express my sadness by the fact that you haven't updated in SO very long. And so I must tell you;

Thank You, Grazzie, Danke, Gracias, Arigato...

For your writing takes us to a place, your writing presents to us people and not just hard facts and a spouting of events. You tell a story, one that is as alive as the real world, because it manifests in the reader real feelings and is thought-provoking. It makes reader laugh and worry, it makes us be angry on the characters behalf, it makes us one with what we're trying to submerge ourselves into; which is the story.

Sorry for spouting poetic... Shakespeare may be out of a job yet.
Agh, you see what your story has done to me? I'm thinking in old English now and I don't know why.

Anyway, just know that I appreciate your sharing a piece of your soul with us (because when an artist of any profession does art, they put a little bit of their soul into it) and just know that this story has satisfied my need for brotherly Germany/Prussia relationship stories. I'm just sad that it hasn't been finished, but, things happen so... can't be helped, i guess.

Carry on :)
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 26 . 3/12/2014
You know I think that it's damn cool that you're actually using what you learn in class, it seems History ain't that bad after all...
Like damn, a reader can tell you've done your fair amount of research! I really do appreciate that.
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 16 . 3/11/2014
You know I just love it when authors are able to include tidbits they like into their story, like Russia telling his own Russian tale. Those are always small but satisfactory details that makes the writer feel like their story is complete. A bonus for readers when it turns out interesting.

I just love how Russia seems to have gotten sortta attached to Germany as well! Pffft, I just remembered this random Hetalia moment when Russia worried about his fashion 'cause he was gonna visit Geramny, whom had such awesome sense of style for bing a military man.
CHiKa-RoXy chapter 7 . 3/11/2014
Oh don't you worry, I shall use the German wisely... maybe.
magic chapter 34 . 3/10/2014
I just spent all yesterday and today slamming through your fic and damn this is the best hetalia fanfiction I have EVER READ. its just so freaking amazing. I must find out what happens next! I was so despaired when I realized that the update date was 13 not 14! D: please update this! I love it so much and I don't want it to end this way!
Waitingforagame chapter 34 . 1/18/2014
So well writteeennn and after plowing through like 34 chapters I need another one .
Titiaredhead chapter 9 . 12/17/2013
Nice Story!
Love These fics with historical Background.
But about the pickle...there actually is no such thing as a Christmas pickle in Germany. Well, actually there hasn't been. Not until someone in a Quizshow had to answer the question, what americans believed to be a German Tradition: The Christmas pickle!
After this some people have bought a Christmas pickle just to mock the Americans for believing that the Germans would have hung a pickle in their Christmas tree. :D