Reviews for Brothers Grimm
Marvelite5Ever chapter 34 . 3/21
This story is wonderfully written, and I love how much this is based on history - I learned so much from this - and I adore the way you write everyone, especially Gilbert and Ludwig. Nothing you haven't heard before, I'm sure. I doubt there's a way I could say as such that hasn't already been said. But I just wanted to put it out there that yet another person has deeply enjoyed this story.

As someone who has abandoned several stories, including ones that were pretty popular, I could not and would not blame you for discontinuing this story if you've lost interest or are just too busy. I see that it's been over three years since this has been updated, so I haven't much faith that this will be returned to, especially since, looking at your profile, it seems you've moved on to other fandoms. Again, I wouldn't be able to blame you, I've done the same.

Just wanted to say that, if you ever did come back to this story... well, I'd love to see this continued, if you ever so choose to do so.

But even if you don't, I'd just really like to thank you so much for what you did write of this story, as it has helped get me through many stressful days (I've been savoring the experience of reading it and trying to draw it out, which is not at all in my nature to do, but I felt this story deserved a slower and deeper reading), and has brought many smiles to my face, and for that I am deeply grateful.

Thank you for all the time, energy, and effort you put into this story. And I just hope that, even if you don't care about this story any more, that you see this review, and that it imparts to you even an iota of the joy I felt while reading this story.
decoris chapter 34 . 1/31
AUTHOR WHY HAVE YOU ABANDONED US FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS TT_TT This, THIS FUCKING STORY. UGH. I tried reading this story once before, and I got bored and left. I decided to give it another go and oh my...I did not expect to fall so much in love with this. Theres no romance, just pure brotherly love and history... And people think America grew up fast.

Seeing the transition of small, innocent Germany to the strict soldier we all know and love is definitely well done. I can't help but look at the German brothers differently, hell everyone in Hetalia. Ah, knowledge its great isnt it?

ANYWAY. Life and stuff is always hectic, but please finish this! ;-;
pinkdoughnuts chapter 32 . 12/14/2015
This is truly a great story. I'm glad I got to read about the Franco - Prussian war. Now I can put my knowledge to the test. The rise to ww1 and the rise to ww2. I love your story about Prussia because not many people know about it being such an awesome country which ticks me off, even my friend who does modern history didn't know what Prussia was, thought it was a mix between Russia and Persia.
pinkdoughnuts chapter 18 . 12/14/2015
Your story is amazing. The brotherly love between Gilbert and Ludwig, kind of reminds me of my sister and I. I love to learn about history especially about Germany and Prussia, though I've never been but I will soon my sisters fiancé is German.
Schattenspieler chapter 34 . 11/19/2015
Das ist eine wirklich großartige Geschichte! Sie ist traurig und lustig und sehr spannend geschrieben. Ich mag deine Darstellung von den Brüdern sehr! Ich finde sie ist überaus gelungen.
June Hiryu chapter 10 . 5/22/2015
I really liked how you portrayed all the characters, especially Russia.
I am also thankful that you refered to people and not google translate to write in other languages. It's frustrating sometimes to see mistakes. You had one or two of them in french but it doesen't matter since the rest was perfect.
Amazing story, good job!
Skyler chapter 34 . 5/21/2015
Seems I'm rather late to the party, but just wanted to drop a note and thank you for putting together a really great story with so much history tucked into it. It's awesome to have the learning and some really compelling characters all wrapped up together and easily associated. I wish you'd been able to continue, but life happens. Thanks for 30 chapters of enjoyment.
Stay Awesome.
Lithium-ShapedBox chapter 34 . 3/18/2015
Hi there. I've reread your story over and over again, and I have to honestly say, it is one of the best Hetalia fan fiction ever. I love how you wrote the story and how the characters interact with each other, especially Germany and Prussia.
I really hope you will update soon, but I understand if you don't have time, or you have writer's block. I'll wait for the story because it is worth it.
CloudCarnivore chapter 34 . 2/25/2015
Can't wait for more chapters soon! Will Germany meet the Italies soon? During WW2?
Finnland93 chapter 34 . 1/21/2015
It's a sad day when I come back from an 18 month trip (having not used fanfiction the whole time) and I see that this story has not updated since then.
Sigh...well, I understand that its hard to write when there is no inspiration or desire. Just know that your work is brilliant! I love this story so much!
Though if it isn't too much trouble, I'd like to know what your plan is with this story. Just to be sure, has it officially been abandoned?
Hippo chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
Hi! I hope you haven't abandoned this story yet oo That would be saddening as it's by far the best concerning the two brothers as of now !
I am only at chapter 10 but I adore the way you write each character. I was surprised that Prussia recognized Germany as a fellow "nation" that quickly but it made sense in retrospect.
Actually there is nothing to critisize (I've never heart of christmas pickles? Is it some east german tradition? oo" ) But some German words sound weird to me (or are slightly incorrect D:)
The plural of kartoffel Kartoffeln (with capital K as it is a noun) not Kartoffels! (And every noun is written with a capital letter Sauerkraut as well.
Concerning Schokoladentorte, did you mean a cake or a torte (with whipped cream decorations etc.) it confused me quite a bit because the description was like that of a cake but a Torte is something different. if you type Schokoladenkuchen in google and Schokoladentorte you'll see the difference. (I am sorry _)

I don't know but "Depp" also seemed ill placed as an insult. It sounds off (it is a legitimate word in German but... As far as I remember people down south (Austria as well) wouldn't use it. If I'm not mistaken.) It would be rather Dummkopf. (dumbhead) or you can leave idiot (we say that as well)
Wichser didn't exist back in 1806. It was developed in World War I! :o (other than that it fit the Siuation though! )
Himmel Donner Wetter (Capital letters!) if you get tired of that you can also say Himmel Arsch und Zwirn (Heaven, ass and yarn oo)
But I loooove the way you use swear words. really! So many different ones. It makes it really lively :D
I was really happy about Grüß Gott and Halt die Schnauze as well :D
Dankeschön is not outdated btw o_o and the Schlaf Schön! had me squealing so cute !
Hundlein isn't something you would say. Hündchen would be the correct term.
"Sie" is very formal ! A big mistake when using German ! You'd use it on a person you respect (Like a teacher) But since they know each other and Prussia is not the most polite person AND he is threathening with death, you really would never use Sie (especially when wanting to kill somebody) "Ich sollte dich töten!" would be correct. (It's not that grave but it does change the mood to amused)

I hope you are not angry but German is a really complicated language (and to me serious business oo) and some mistakes can lead to funny coincidences Torte/Kuchen Sie/dich
Lev chapter 34 . 4/18/2014
Wow, such an amazing and complex story! I think this is the best Prussia/Germany story out there! Great job! It could easily be turned into a history book. It is definitely the best story and the most historical accurate story I have read. I am so curious and anxious to see how you will portray WW1 and how will the brothers relationship evolve. I am not into the Hetalia fandom that much anymore. But I will definitely follow and check your story for updates)

Awesome story. Please don't give it up and please update soon! xD
Marie chapter 34 . 3/30/2014
I love your story ! Please update soon ;-;
Jay Q chapter 34 . 3/13/2014
You have NO idea how hard it is for me to out-right laugh at something. Usually when I find something amusing I just blow out more air then usual from out of my nose. I thought I had lost the ability to laugh, really. BUT ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST, THANKS TO YOU.

I mean really, I can very well picture Germany going on some sporadic spouts of "insanity" now and then. Like his fascination with cars and his sudden passion for driving them. I think I would be excited too if the concept of a car was new to me. As for the scene that made this serious girl laugh... when Germany gave that smile to Prussia while he was driving, and Prussia holding on to Blackie for dear life I could picture is so clearly I would draw it if I could. If I had even the most fundamental knowledge of anatomy.

Alas, as I do not, I content myself witb picturing the scene Hetalia-style. As this seems to be the most final chapter you have posted, I wanna express my sadness by the fact that you haven't updated in SO very long. And so I must tell you;

Thank You, Grazzie, Danke, Gracias, Arigato...

For your writing takes us to a place, your writing presents to us people and not just hard facts and a spouting of events. You tell a story, one that is as alive as the real world, because it manifests in the reader real feelings and is thought-provoking. It makes reader laugh and worry, it makes us be angry on the characters behalf, it makes us one with what we're trying to submerge ourselves into; which is the story.

Sorry for spouting poetic... Shakespeare may be out of a job yet.
Agh, you see what your story has done to me? I'm thinking in old English now and I don't know why.

Anyway, just know that I appreciate your sharing a piece of your soul with us (because when an artist of any profession does art, they put a little bit of their soul into it) and just know that this story has satisfied my need for brotherly Germany/Prussia relationship stories. I'm just sad that it hasn't been finished, but, things happen so... can't be helped, i guess.

Carry on :)
Jay Q chapter 26 . 3/12/2014
You know I think that it's damn cool that you're actually using what you learn in class, it seems History ain't that bad after all...
Like damn, a reader can tell you've done your fair amount of research! I really do appreciate that.