Reviews for Last Straw
Rose Eclipse chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
You win an epic internet for writing this. Like others said, I especially like seeing Scarecrow find a suitable punishment for one of his delusional fangirls-a very cold and calculated punishment instead of going into a hissy fit over her obnoxiousness. The boa constrictors going for a feast...terrifying. But equally brilliant.

But it's just great how you've nailed this character while giving a message to the OC lover-wannabees out there. I must confess the blue eyes still make me weak in the knees but no villain in the Bat-universe should succumb to simpering emo behavior along with kittens and puppies. They're damn scary people who would cut your heart out and you've just reinforced Scarecrow's reputation to a tee. 10/10.
Lavender Cat chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Holy shiznit...

THAT WAS EPIC! Seriously, I loved pretty much every second of it. There's really nothing else I can say but bravo.
herschism chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Beautiful eff you to 90% of fandom. Great work. Cold, calculating, and most importantly evil Crane. As others have stated, the destruction of Pandemonium was great and I really enjoy a villainous Crane. Keep up the good work!
The Illegible chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Oh, I did love this SO much. So very, very much. XD Excellently written and thoroughly in-character and amazing imagery and SCARY as Jonathan Crane should be. I'm actually a little articulation!fail because there's so much win here. Where the hell do I begin?

The moment that's coming to mind in flashing red neon is the background thing with Bolton. What struck me was that despite the fact that he's so decidedly a villain and TERRIFYING, I could still...not relate exactly, but feel sympathy with him. It's this weird, wonderful sort of contradiction that not many authors can accomplish. Wow.

I also really enjoyed how brilliantly you executed gore (which is hard-often writers either do too much and it becomes repulsive or do too little and render the scene ineffective) and then had little lines like "Again, sorry for the lighting issues". And I'm extra thrilled that you used Nolanverse Crane, because he is woefully neglected and underestimated in the horror department. That you played up his good looks while spiraling into these genuinely frightening scenes was deliciously right. :-D

And Pandemonia. Oh boy. First, that was a fitting (and chilling) end for Mary Sue. Second, the entire situation brought up what I think is a huge point for Crane romance, maybe even villain romance in general. The goal going into a story should NOT be to "make him better". Scarecrow is messed up in the head, period. He's a villain whose chief pleasure in life is inspiring terror and madness in others. He's not given to pity, he craves power, and he's extremely hostile. Pulling off romance for him-particularly with an OC-is extraordinarily difficult because to be believable it has to be twisted by nature. I think the idea of fear and love not being mutually exclusive scares a lot of people.

And thank you for bringing up the "bottom position" thing. That's been driving me up the wall for /months/. Honestly, his entire character is set up on a drive for dominance. Especially with his background, it just does not make sense that he'd let himself be pushed around and taken advantage of. Seriously.

Mleh, I could probably gush over this story for...well I dunno about hours, but a ridiculously long time. Stunning across the board-thank you so much for sharing this!
Night's King chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Awesome. Purely, excellently awesome.

I've got to say, I love the whole idea of Crane getting fed-up to the point of meltdown. It's true, anyone on this site has to know this. I understand in your fic he's railing against far more than just prattling little girls writing M-rated stories about his slash and Mistress of Fear lemon adventures, but I think that type of thing alone could send Scarecrow over the edge. It's quite funny, really, that so many people in TDK section could be held somewhat responsible for Scarecrow's oh-so-lethal outburst.

Out of curiosity, where did Crane find enough dead baby rats to fill four Tupperware bowls? That's got to be better than 100 pups.

The scene with "Pandemonia" makes me savagely happy. Very wrong of me, I know. But there's been an upsweep in the number of "Phobia, Phobos, Horror Harlot" writers and seeing Crane deal with it is delightful. Horror Harlot. Thank the FSM we've yet to see any OCs with that moniker.

Crane's speech at the end about how's he created the screw-you-all toxin is horrifying genius. No escape from that. But I also like how he gives the people a chance to change their ways and restore his dignity. I'd say the Joker would just pour the crap into the water supply. Scarecrow holds back. I think it's very true to character and very interesting.

Anyway, I'm sure you can tell I much enjoyed this. Great fic.
20 | « Prev Page 1 2