Reviews for Gilded
Cecilia Siledubh Mohney chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
This story was wonderful! You did a great job of setting the environment that Edward grew up in and the expectations that society had for him. The way that you completed the story gave me a real feeling that they were still happy and in love and enjoying their bohemian ways! Having said that, there is so much more that I would like to know about what Bella and Edward did when they left the "cottage" and this would make a wonderful full length fic. Thanks for writing and sharing this story!
mommymac0508 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I loved it as always I love all you work so good
ilovekittenz chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Loved this. It was beautifully detailed. I like how you let us know what happened through the gossip of Mrs. Cope and Mrs. Webber two years later. The last line was a perfect way to end it. Thanks for writing!
klel323 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Loved this one shot! Could have been a great story as well!
untidytowns chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I absolutely adore the end. Because as shocking as it probably was it their day, it's still the tiniest bit romantic. :D
EmoryB123 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
It was cute the Edward blushed often - that is usually Bella's trademark.

Lovely story! You have captured the time period so well! I love how Edward saw his future with Bella immediately! And that Alice could be happy, too!

Good luck in the contest!
The Girl With The Umbrella chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
This was wonderful, you're an amazing writer. I'm glad they went away together, and I liked the way you managed a mini epilogue at the end! I feel bad for Alice, she must miss the brother who stood up for her to her mother.

Anyways... great oneshot!
LizHartzog5813 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
That was so good! Was it a oneshot?
arfalcon chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I LOVED this! Every detail is so absolutely perfect, right down to the McLim, Mead & White renovation (please god, let Spangley's readers - besides the ones who go to the Hamptons -know something about Stanford White). The opulence and apathy just flow from your writing in the 1899 section. Your inclusion of the renovated ballrooms' tromp l'oeil painting of the sky was genius, reminding me of those pretentious upper East side brownstones with mini versions of the same on their second or third floors.

The best was the way you used the abrupt change of scenery as Edward strode away from the house toward "the uneven ground" to show us that change was in the air. What a wonderfully romantic story, with the most marvelous Bella and the bravest Edward. This one's a keeper.
Elbee96 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
wonderful & romantic.
coldplaywhore chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
This was wonderful! :) Thanks so much for writing and good luck in the contest!
AliceDances01 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
You never disappoint with your stories. Ever. :)
bspest04 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
this was a great story... I wish it wasn't a o/s though :(
Anwe chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
wonderful oneshot )
jedigirlsc chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Great story, as all of yours are!

Really enjoyed it!