Reviews for Gilded
The Girl With The Umbrella chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
This was wonderful, you're an amazing writer. I'm glad they went away together, and I liked the way you managed a mini epilogue at the end! I feel bad for Alice, she must miss the brother who stood up for her to her mother.

Anyways... great oneshot!
LizHartzog5813 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
That was so good! Was it a oneshot?
arfalcon chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I LOVED this! Every detail is so absolutely perfect, right down to the McLim, Mead & White renovation (please god, let Spangley's readers - besides the ones who go to the Hamptons -know something about Stanford White). The opulence and apathy just flow from your writing in the 1899 section. Your inclusion of the renovated ballrooms' tromp l'oeil painting of the sky was genius, reminding me of those pretentious upper East side brownstones with mini versions of the same on their second or third floors.

The best was the way you used the abrupt change of scenery as Edward strode away from the house toward "the uneven ground" to show us that change was in the air. What a wonderfully romantic story, with the most marvelous Bella and the bravest Edward. This one's a keeper.
Elbee96 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
wonderful & romantic.
coldplaywhore chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
This was wonderful! :) Thanks so much for writing and good luck in the contest!
AliceDances01 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
You never disappoint with your stories. Ever. :)
bspest04 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
this was a great story... I wish it wasn't a o/s though :(
Anwe chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
wonderful oneshot )
jedigirlsc chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Great story, as all of yours are!

Really enjoyed it!
NeatoBandito chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
One thing I love about this story, and the rest of your stories, is the feeling of hope I get from the characters - hope that they'll find love, find what they love to do, and a way to have the best life they can.
Raewright chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Very nice!
CynMar Rom chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
wow, poor women, I don't think I could have lived in those times, even if the fashion was exquisite... Edward and Bella might not have been rich but they loved each other and that is what matters :)

Much love!
Cullenary chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
this was an amazing story-I was so impressed with the style you wrtote it in-felt like you were right there! Loved how you ended it-truly unique...almost felt like a dream sequence! Bravo darlin and thanks for writing! xoxoxoxoxooxox
eitak000 chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
You write period pieces so well! I really loved this. It was beautifully written and it's amazing how you packed all those details in such a small space. I felt kinda bad for Rose though... until she marred Emmett, of course. I'd love to see a little more of this!
JLPinNYC chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
LOVED it! The ending was great, and wrapped things up nicely for a one-shot..I can just picture and hear Mrs. Cope and Mrs. Webber sitting there gossiping at length. ;)

The Gilded Age was so fresh in my mind too...I was just touring The Breakers last week while in Newport and wanted to take so many pictures but they don't allow photos. :( I want to go back and spend so much more time touring other mansions and learning a great deal more about the era. It kind of fascinates me!

Thanks for sharing this one-shot with us!

Jenn