Reviews for Gilded
my2galspal chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Excellent fic. I especially enjoy the old gossips at the end and their moment of romantic clarity. Thank you so much for sharing your writing with the rest of us. Best of luck in the contest.
madehoney chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
looved the shot! short and sweet
roxiegirl chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Great story! Loved it! Thanks!
oskigal chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
You are, as ever, amazing at weaving together historical details and characters that are just beautiful. This was wonderful, thank you. Although brief and secondary I thought that you captured Alice and Jasper quite well. I don't know if you would ever do one of their stories but based on how you write them as secondary characters they would be fabulous. Thank you for another beautiful story.
1AnastasiaBeaverhausen chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Oh Spangly,

What a treasure. I love the time period, the setting, the clothing, and the people with their social graces and expectations. It's all glorious and you brought it to life. Oh, and what I would give to know what the pastel posse loudly said about the little lady in red!

I think you perfectly captured the desire of Esme to surpass her peers through her children's marriages, coupled with her consideration of true love as an afterthought or unnecessary luxury. And Edward's character unfolded beautifully, with just enough subtle hints of ennui regarding the societal status quo. Who would have thought that Isabella would be the breath of fresh air he really needed out on that exquisite lawn (*jumping up and down* "I did! I did!")?

It was all just the finest of the fine, and I hope you win.
ppw chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
How unique! I loved it!
Hadley Hemingway chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
well-done! I really enjoyed this little treasure of a story!
edwardcu77en7over chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Esme was pretty snob here! ha! and Rose, well, Rosehas always been...

but Edward and Bella were súper romantic and hot for victorian era! at first he seemeed equally snobish, but then he faced Esme and started to show his true colors...

I wish I knew moré of their escapades!
JayNahNah chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Loved it! I still believe in romance!
TLammy chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Loved it. Great storytelling. Good luck with the contest.
tanglingshadows chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
That was very romantic :) Really great story! Good luck with the contest!
flecour chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
I find it very romantic! I wish we could have seen a bit of their "bohemian" lifestyle too.
Cina's chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
Wonderful story.
TwilightAddict37 chapter 1 . 9/27/2010
I adore your stories...simple as that and will read whatever you put out there and have not been disappointed by any of it.
browneyeddaisy chapter 1 . 9/27/2010