Reviews for Gilded
quoideneufj chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Such a beautiful twist to the Twiligt story. sigh. totally bohemian. Thank you!
wanderingsoul92 chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
great story...sucks to be a vanderbilt... i read that cornelius vanderbilt was an awful father...it's good to be isabella/edward
KatyDarling chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
These lines got to me -

"Would it be impertinent of me to try something unpredictable right now?"

She smiled, his favorite wry smile, "Edward, you don't ask permission to be unpredictable. You just do it."

So he just kissed her.

It's been an enjoyable read! Thanks!
Eric's No 1 lover chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Edward was very brave to change his life completely like that, what a wonderfully romantic story.
AngiJ chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Oh my spanglemaker! Talk about feeling transported. I was so wrapped up in the society feel of it all. Great o/s!
mimi53 chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Reminds me of Age of Innocence. Very romantic!
CullenObsession114 chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
loved it!
Rebadams7 chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
In this tale, one good turn insured another - and as I love the south of France, I could not think of a better place to go and write romance novels and play the piano - sadly my husband can only play the radio, he's just learning to master his IPod...

But he speaks lovely French...

La Belle Epoque!

tres Bien fait

Reb
CindyWindy chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Charming! The two older ladies talking was a very creative ending. Thank you for sharing!
LucyLuu chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Beautiful story! The imagery was perfect. I visitied the "cottages" of Newport while in high school and loved envisioning Edward and Bella there. Great job with the eventual tie in of Emmett and very happy that Alice & Jasper ended up together. Thanks for sharing!
Sdjk chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Fabulous! I live in RI and I am very familiar with the magnificent "cottages". It was a beautiful image of Bella and Edward on the cliffs with the ocean.
twiquarius chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
charming and real as always! very well written :)
sweetmama77 chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Very compelling story- a great read!

Sad about Consuelo Vanderbilt; I wonder if she ever married her true love after her annulment.

Thanks for giving your story a happy ending! (Let's hope Esme comes around once the grandchildren come along...)
hobardi chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
A lovely, romantic tale! Very Edith Wharton. It was so nice to see Edward awakening that night of the engagement!
kneon chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
A great story, I would have loved to seen this one expanded.

Sorry I missed the contest.
212 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »