Reviews for Gilded
Littlemiss53 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Rose Cliff is my favorite Mansion in Newport! I was born and raise right over the brigde in Jamestown and spent a lot of time in Newport growing up... I love the histoy of that city! Great story!
futuregirl1709 chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Man, I really need to start one of your multichap fics, because I really love all your oneshots! This one too!

Edward as an oldfashioned (but normal for that time) charming gentleman makes me swoon :) And I love how he's brave enough to turn his back on everything he's ever known and run of with Bella, just doing what HE wants for a change.

What I love about Bella is that she doesn't let all the gossip get her down. She may be hurt by the whispered words, but she keeps her chin high and sure of herself.

I had two favorite parts. First was the makeout session on that rock. Wow, that was so.. forward and hot, lol! Second was the ending. I loved how I got to know they did get their HEA. And I totally agree with Mrs. Cope: it IS romantic! And I'm glad Alice got to marry Jasper :)

Great story!
KelseyBea chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Cute one-shot! I really liked it! And I loved the creativity with the ending. Instead of showing Bella and Edwards future from their perspective or say something like they lived happily ever after you showed it from someone elses pOv! And I really liked that! Good job!
quoideneufj chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Such a beautiful twist to the Twiligt story. sigh. totally bohemian. Thank you!
wanderingsoul92 chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
great story...sucks to be a vanderbilt... i read that cornelius vanderbilt was an awful father...it's good to be isabella/edward
KatyDarling chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
These lines got to me -

"Would it be impertinent of me to try something unpredictable right now?"

She smiled, his favorite wry smile, "Edward, you don't ask permission to be unpredictable. You just do it."

So he just kissed her.

It's been an enjoyable read! Thanks!
Eric's No 1 lover chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Edward was very brave to change his life completely like that, what a wonderfully romantic story.
AngiJ chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Oh my spanglemaker! Talk about feeling transported. I was so wrapped up in the society feel of it all. Great o/s!
mimi53 chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Reminds me of Age of Innocence. Very romantic!
CullenObsession114 chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
loved it!
Rebadams7 chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
In this tale, one good turn insured another - and as I love the south of France, I could not think of a better place to go and write romance novels and play the piano - sadly my husband can only play the radio, he's just learning to master his IPod...

But he speaks lovely French...

La Belle Epoque!

tres Bien fait

Reb
CindyWindy chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Charming! The two older ladies talking was a very creative ending. Thank you for sharing!
LucyLuu chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Beautiful story! The imagery was perfect. I visitied the "cottages" of Newport while in high school and loved envisioning Edward and Bella there. Great job with the eventual tie in of Emmett and very happy that Alice & Jasper ended up together. Thanks for sharing!
Sdjk chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Fabulous! I live in RI and I am very familiar with the magnificent "cottages". It was a beautiful image of Bella and Edward on the cliffs with the ocean.
twiquarius chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
charming and real as always! very well written :)
215 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »