Reviews for Gilded
Eric's No 1 lover chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Edward was very brave to change his life completely like that, what a wonderfully romantic story.
AngiJ chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Oh my spanglemaker! Talk about feeling transported. I was so wrapped up in the society feel of it all. Great o/s!
mimi53 chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Reminds me of Age of Innocence. Very romantic!
CullenObsession114 chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
loved it!
Rebadams7 chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
In this tale, one good turn insured another - and as I love the south of France, I could not think of a better place to go and write romance novels and play the piano - sadly my husband can only play the radio, he's just learning to master his IPod...

But he speaks lovely French...

La Belle Epoque!

tres Bien fait

Reb
CindyWindy chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Charming! The two older ladies talking was a very creative ending. Thank you for sharing!
LucyLuu chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Beautiful story! The imagery was perfect. I visitied the "cottages" of Newport while in high school and loved envisioning Edward and Bella there. Great job with the eventual tie in of Emmett and very happy that Alice & Jasper ended up together. Thanks for sharing!
Sdjk chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Fabulous! I live in RI and I am very familiar with the magnificent "cottages". It was a beautiful image of Bella and Edward on the cliffs with the ocean.
twiquarius chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
charming and real as always! very well written :)
sweetmama77 chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Very compelling story- a great read!

Sad about Consuelo Vanderbilt; I wonder if she ever married her true love after her annulment.

Thanks for giving your story a happy ending! (Let's hope Esme comes around once the grandchildren come along...)
hobardi chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
A lovely, romantic tale! Very Edith Wharton. It was so nice to see Edward awakening that night of the engagement!
kneon chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
A great story, I would have loved to seen this one expanded.

Sorry I missed the contest.
ChocolateLover82 chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Ok, sorry for all the sudden reviews, they just caught my eye.

Truly brave of Edward to do this and just like Bella said, even more for him since he was so use to living in this world, he never knew better, everything always planned.

Hate how restrictive those society "rules" are, not only back then but even now. "Marry the right person", "Be seen with the right people". Such a sad life in the end just for the sake of appearances.

Glad to see that Bella came here and shook his world to the ground. Now living in the South of France, writing and playing music and making love...*Sighs*

In the words of Mrs. Cope: "Don't you find it...well, just the tiniest bit...romantic?" Hell to the yeah! ;-)
sillyvamp chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
This is a great one shot. I don't think that many would be able to walk away from the money nor their family. Good for Edward.
LoveThoseVampires chapter 1 . 12/5/2010