Reviews for Damage Done
wordlings chapter 1 . 5/24
Ive been searching for a story about The Operative, and been toying around with an idea of my own to write. This was amazing, and very in character, and i wish there were more!
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
I like this, finding the parallels between broken believers and hope for the same.
steepedinwords chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
This is so much more satisfying than the deleted scene from the movie where Mal stalks off saying 'What a whiner.' I was disappointed in that, and I just love this ending for the Operative, and the fact that he might be able to accept hope and forgiveness.
BigT1587 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
I was sort of waiting for you to have Mal elaborate more on Zoe's double meaning of "She's torn up plenty...",but I guess you didn't want to distract from the basic Mal/Operative storyline. Good job nonetheless.
JustLikeToRead chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Very moving. Thanks. :)
PhoenixWytch chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
:D

Thanks for writing.
Tentrees chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Sometines all you have left is to start over.
Terendel chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
Very nice. Yes, it's like Mal to see the similarities and reach out to it. 'Course, I can't help but hope that a year from now, Mal uses that bullet, but that's just me.
Ella Greggs chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Another great story, and another piece of potential Firefly 'verse filled in. Maybe it's a bit more compasion for the instrument of the Serenity crew's hurt than Mal would actually be able to muster at that point in the BDM, but it's plausible, and I really liked the melancholy with which you wrote the dialogue between the two men. The BDM was definitely not a feel-good film, and so the atmosphere of this fic is spot-on. The call-back to "The Little Prince" (being responsible for what you have tamed) also brought back memories for me. Favorite lines and phrases:

- a bare knife of a smile, as like to cut the bearer as the recipient.

- just that blank sort of calm Mal had only seen on those assured of their place in the afterlife- one way or t'other.

- recalling another man he suspected had gone nameless for a time and times and half a time before discovering the Good Book.

- words drawn like pulling nails.

Please let me know if you have any more Firefly fics out there. Upwards of 300 stories is a lot to sift through!
Alison M. DOBELL chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
Brilliant. Mal giving the Operative a chance to find some kind of rebirth or redemption much as Book had done was a nice touch and rounds Mal off in ways barely hinted at before. I liked. *Xie xie ni*, Ali D :~)

"You can't take the sky from me!"
Raiining chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Wonderful! Absolutely sweet, and gorgeously done.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
Liked this.
RionaEire chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Interesting to see the paralels between Shepherd and the opperative, I liked your chance-for-redemption angle in this story. I also notice a paralel, made at the end, between Zoe and Serenity, she's tore up some but she'll fly true.

Riona
Bytemite chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I'd like to see the operative somehow end up in the Abbey too, after being dissuaded from his usual method of dealing with perceived failure. :)
phoenix rampant chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
needs a bit more to it. a second chapter showing what happened a year from then. mal leaving his bullet, maybe in the former operatives brain, maybe on the offering plate.