Reviews for Betwixt the Devil and the Sea
Emillia Gryphon chapter 8 . 7/11/2013
Omg Granby...no! Please continue this! I am shaking with suspence! I hope that all is well!
Mordis chapter 8 . 1/3/2013
Hello!
I guess I should excuse myself for my bad language skills previously, in order to prevent confusion about my wild sentences: I am German.
I enjoy your story very much, the great variety of characters you use contribute to a good entertainment, generally speaking. While Novik spends great effort in portraying landscapes and the occuring problemes, shortages or conflicts of conscience Temeraire gets Laurence into, you describe the relations between the characters. As far as I can judge, your language is appropriate to the eighteenth century even if a little less complicated than the one of Novik. Thumbs up for the absence of spelling mistakes! (Not that I could guarantee for that - however, there are a lot of fanfictions in which even a foreigner can find them.)
It is so nice to read about the characters feelings a little bit more in detail, especially since I wondered sometimes when and how the aviators developed their sympathies and antipathies really. I find that the novels could focuse their interactions more.
As for Emily having a crush for Laurence, I thought so, also.
I love your character designs, they all behave so fitting!
Please continue your work (as fast as possible ;-)), I am enchanted and very interested in the futher developement between Granby and Tharkay.

Mordis
Leah chapter 8 . 9/30/2012
Please put up a new chapter! This is a good story.
AgiVega chapter 3 . 10/15/2010
Tharkay is scary even for me, and I'm an adult! XD I liked how you portrayed Emily, she is one of my favourite characters, I wish we got to see more of her in the later books...
Anmynous chapter 3 . 10/12/2010
I was mostly baffled by Emily and Demane becoming such good friends on ToS, but you made it work so well I can easily accept it now. Good job!

Tharkay didn't really strike me as the type to be openly annoyed at anyone though, kids or otherwise.