Reviews for Odd One
Rooz990 chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
loved it!
KawaiiKilala77 chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Wow, characters are in-characters and the fic is awesome and cute. -
Red Phoenix Dragon chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Your writing style is smooth and clear and you have built up your story slowly while keeping the characters true. Luna just appears in canon and quickly becomes friends with Harry and Hermione. Ronald knows her as loony and is always uncomfortable with her at best and bullies her at worse. Ginny is suppose to be a friend with Luna but is not very friendly. She is described as odd and has been bullied all her time at Hogwarts. The question is why has it taken so long for Harry and Hermione to "discover" her, given all of their night time travels and the map. They should has found Luna when she had been kicked out of her dorm.

What if they did find Luna during 2nd year and befriended and protected her. With Hermione and Harry helping her with her studies she could have skipped her 2nd year and joined Harry and Hermione in their 3rd year. As Ronald could not stand Luna and was unsuccessful in bullying her away, he could have "moved on" to make other friends and get a chance to grow up away from the shadow of the-boy-who-lived.

Without Ronald's interference Harry, Hermione and Luna would have formed the golden trio in second year with Harry and Luna caring for Hermione when she was petrified and then going after the Basilisk. Luna could teach Harry and Hermione all about house elves, pureblood traditions and politics and more importantly Harry's heritage and opportunities, that for some reason the Weasley's never did.

Without Ronald's interference Harry and Hermione's circle of friends could have quickly grown as it did with the DA to include Neville, Susan Bones and Cedric.

Without Ronald's interference Harry and Hermione's life could have been so much better and maybe they could have trained better with more friends, gotten the Horcruxes quicker and saved so many lives that were lost on the last day.

Thanks for sharing your story. Please continue to write.
Moral Conundrum chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Bravo!

I very much enjoyed this piece; especially with regard to Luna's characterisation. I think you pulled her off spectacularly. The romance wasn't too heavy, and the development pace works. Loved the shared Quibbler at the end. Very likeable!

Only perceived criticism is to be careful of tripping between past and present tense; it doesn't really detract from the narrative overall, to be honest, it just makes a couple of sentences seem awkward. But like I said; that's a minor thing.

I look forward to more of your work in the future,

AAA
Nymphadora1506 chapter 1 . 10/11/2010
That was a nice one...I used to like Harry/Hermione a lot but now I like Harry/Luna better...they are so cute together...anyway keep up the good work!
Van the Rogue Soul Drinker chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
Ah! Beautiful and refreshing Harry/Luna fluff story. I really needed that keep up the good work.
Thaumologist chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
I very much enjoyed this - it was nice and light, y'know, just enjoyable reading. I also feel you've written Luna well, which seems hard - the majority of people who write Luna seem to just get her WRONG, you know what I mean?

But thanks for sharing,

C
sojourner chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
I've always loved this Sick Puppies song, this was the perfect use of it:) Your writing it very fluid with great descriptions. I especially love how you managed to keep them in character. Keep up the fantastic work because I cannot wait to read more of your fabulous work.
MisterMisfortune chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
This was really well written and you've got a good understanding of the characters. This scene wouldn't look out of place in an actual Harry Potter book. I always thought Harry and Luna should be together, I don't really like Harry and Ginny. I love all your descriptions of Luna as well, and I've never heard that song but the lyrics seemed to suite this story perfectly. You should do more Harry and Luna ones :) You're a good writer
Lord Basileus chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
This is nice..very nice. I think this story is good enough even without the song.
walters1 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
This is a great story Please do some more, possibly of Harry and Luna actually getting together.

Great job.
DustyDreamer chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I really enjoyed this. It was a great opening to what looks like a really great story. Please update soon, I can't wait to read on!