Reviews for Predictions
Good job.
words-with-dragons chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
THAT WAS SO SWEET AND AWESOME! D
FredFanatic chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
This is a neat little idea. I love Professor McGonagall, and seeing the Sorting from her point-of-view was really interesting. She is a character I've always wanted to know more about, and it's nice to see her explored a little bit. Even this snippet of her mind is a great little piece of insight!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Good story!
MBP chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Katy, I have no idea why it took me so long to get to this, but it's like discovering a jewel. I have chills, and I am now back on an FF kick thanks to you. I can see this sorting playing out this way, and I'm glad she was wrong, too.
Lily chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
A brilliant fic! I have always loved Minerva McGonagall, but this really put her character into perspective for me. Interesting that she thought of Remus as such a dark character, and that she typecasted all the Blacks. A lovely job!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Genius. I never would have thought of this.
OursIsTheFury94 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Really excellent fic!

McGonagall has always been a favourite of mine, both in books and films (although Maggie Smith has been remarkably underused, despite being the perfect Minerva). Still, DH part 2 will hopefully give her a chance to shine!

But, moving swiftly back onto the review. I loved your story. So original and perfectly done! The detail of having a Slytherin mother was unexpected, but I liked that she was the only Gryffindor in her family.

The ending was absolutely brilliant. Her thoughts about Sirius, Remus, James and Lily were great. The final paragraph was great. You had her in character until the very end, and this fic shows particularly well the bond she had with her Gryffindors (ie the Marauders and Lily), and ties in with the canon world. Also, her thoughts about Snape were very interesting, considering Snape's true nature in the novels.

Once again, a fantastic fic, you are very talented.
sonea91 chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
I really like stories focusing on Minerva and this one was excellent. I could really picture her determing beforehand who was going to be in which house and how she would be wrong about quite a few people in that particular year;)
Analie Janes chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Nice job writing McGonagall and her past! I really liked her personality. Although, I kinda did want to see her reactions when each of them went up. :)

~Analie~
93 Diagon Alley chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
This was excellent! I hardly ever read McGonagall fics, but of course I had to read this one because you wrote it ;)

I absolutely loved it. I never thought about the teachers making predictions on the sorting, so I enjoyed seeing inside her head on that matter :)
ToManyLetters chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
That was bloody brilliant. That was an incredibly original idea - and very well executed - something I've rather come to expect from your stories, if I'm wholly honest.

I really enjoyed how her prejudices show through so well - how one can easily misjudge someone by their looks. Not everyone is evil simply because they look it - and not everyone is kind simply because they have a face that is easy on the eyes.

Superb story.

TML

P.S. I suspect you mean that Minerva is cleverer than her siblings rather than clever than her siblings.
Morzan's Elvish Daughter chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
It's sad... The only ones (that we know of) that she got right were Seveus and Lily...
FinnFiona chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
This is such an interesting little meditation... Nice to be wrong, indeed! Though certainly a mixed blessing, that crop in Gryffindor. Creative work, as usual!