Reviews for The Warlock's Apprentice
loki0191 chapter 15 . 12/29/2014
Are you still on this site? Please update this story or rewrite it! It shouldn't fade away into obscurity.
xvector chapter 15 . 12/28/2014
Absolutely brilliant fic. Mentor!Dumbledore fics are my favorite and you handled this perfectly. Loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of reading this!

Your description of magic and depth of magical lore is incredibly vibrant, bested by few fics that I can think of, all of which are multiple times longer. Your characterization is phenomenal.

I hope you do a seuqel! I would LOVE to see some of the neater aspects of being a Class 5 mage (especially the temporal magic and precognition!). Also it would be amazing to see if any aspects of Dumbledore and Gellert's consciousness remain (your characterization of them in Ch14 was phenomenal!).
alicewiggles chapter 9 . 3/4/2014
wow nice note at the end
alicewiggles chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
no don't tell anyone I let you have a drink I mean who cares about all the other stuff I told you
I like that
Johnnyseattle chapter 15 . 3/11/2013
I don't know if you still see any reviews people leave on here, but know that there's at least one person that would live to see more of this. Excellent story whether you finish it or not.
Loveandpower chapter 15 . 6/26/2012
it's a pity you haven't continued the story. It was a good read
iMTheStormKing chapter 15 . 9/22/2011
FUCKING AWESOME! Cant wait for the next chapter...
Jedi Master Albus chapter 15 . 9/14/2011
This is really awesome! I especially like the twists with Dumbledore being magicless (essentially) and then the experiment that was forced on him by Dumbledore and Grindelwald.. Hope you decide to carry it on...
Joe Lawyer chapter 15 . 7/6/2011
Sophisticated, gritty, with a healthy dose of horror filled realism…wow, what an impressive story this is. I’ve read a lot of Harry Potter fanfiction and this story is definitely in my top 10 favorites now. It’s so rare to find a story which takes a more realistic stance on fighting a war and on what powerful and skilled magic users can do. It’s really something to read a fanfiction where wizards aren’t portrayed as powerful idiots who have no understanding of the world or how to wage a modern war.

Great, great story. Thanks for a fantastic read.
Joe Lawyer chapter 7 . 7/5/2011
I’ll tell you this banter between Dumbledore and Harry is amazing. Manipulative, evil Dumbledore fictions are a dime a dozen based on reasonably extrapolations of his actions in canon…but really friendly, mentor, almost father/uncle/son interactions, now those are rare. There is a dry humor and wit that is just so hard to pull off well.

I’m terribly impressed so far.
AiSard chapter 15 . 5/9/2011
hrn... don't really like the direction of the last 2 chapters to be honest. its basically a big TIMESKIP where quite a bit of stuff happens and even more stuff gets explained/tacked-on after its already happened (the ritual thing and spy!percy). That said, totally loved this fic and totally confounded on why I've never read it before, it reads like one of the great ol' epic fics that every (obsessive)fanfic reader will read if theyre looking for immersive, long fics. you know, one of the greats. somehow you flew under the radar / really liked the world you crafted up though, right up til chapter 13 anyways, really liked the direction what with Albus and moving out towards Grindelwald's lieutenants, which was then summarily skipped and suddenly it looks like your trying to wrap stuff up as fast as possible. eh, I guess the style you were writing in, which i like, is rather rambling along with the end a small speck of light in the distance, which could have made you reevaluate the fic as a whole and attempt to wrap it up.. (unless you've always had this plot going and I'm just disgruntled cuz the first two chapters of this arc was a letdown) but yea, i guess i really like those rambling epic!fics / mehhh, i've got all this bad stuff i want to say about how i dont like the last two chapters, but i just cant help but love the world you've crafted prior to them. bahhh. aaanyways, if your still on the FF scene, post your masterpiece already - .- distinctly dislike people who put in the effort and try to write up the whole thing professionally, mostly because 90% of the time authors get stuck, get lazy, and dont finish what they aim to do. this is mostly aimed at the guys who set out to 'rewrite' or atleast spruce up old chapters, ending with them getting sick of it and giving up after 5-6 chapters. dunno if the same thing happens to guys who write up the entire thing and then post it a few chapters at a time, but then again I wouldnt know cuz they wouldn't post it if they failed - .- I go through fanfiction like i go through toiletpaper though p so I like fics ready for me to read, who cares if its not complete, atleast i wont be stuck in the toilet without any toiletpaper / if that analogy made any sense.. and seriously, this is an awesome fic, i really get pissed off when fics i really like have low review counts T (its why i review) aaanyways, even though i repetitively state i hate the last two chapters, the fic as a whole was awesome to the max.
shankstar89 chapter 15 . 4/6/2011
great story please update soon
werd me chapter 15 . 3/27/2011
awesome cant wait for more
FaeFolk chapter 15 . 2/28/2011
Brilliant and original story. Thank god you don't have any pairings. This story is perfect. And sex would just complicate that.
thesagerk chapter 15 . 2/20/2011
omg - this is amazing! i have never read a fic of this calibre before - totally awesome and loved every word of it - can't wait to read more!