Reviews for The Otter and the Raven
USAFChief chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Awwwww! Great piece. Very artful, and I must tell you that your use of the animal totems is actually very authentic to Native American Indian folklore.

Since this was done just over a year ago, you are coming up on your second year posting your stories to NCIS FFN, so please allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your second anniversary!

All the best.

Mezzo Beev chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
I’m assuming that the owl is the third totem animal you mentioned in your notes and represents another fan. I can’t help wondering where Tony’s totem animal was in all this. Though maybe it was the dog, which might explain all the trouble you write him into. How appropriate that he is helped along by the totem animals of fans who love him, even if they do have strong leanings towards whumping him (even your animal whumped him a bit, though gently and for his own good).

I kind of like the notion of an artistic tempermented Tim losing himself to his imagination for a while.
XX-Samantha-XX chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
Awwww man that is just soo good, all the discription, the sceanary, everything, all the team love. oh my gosh, great little follow up from the other story :D loved it as i do all of your stories :D Thanks for the mention as well ! I can't wait to read the next one on your list :D
TesubCalle chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Hmm... a talking raven and a talking otter...

I'd be inclined to say 'daft', but knowing where this all came from, the best I can manage is 'quirky' - in a good way.

Yes, if I were Tony, I also would not mention talking totems.
Belker chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Oh, scouse that was wonderful! Lovely images of the beautiful country. I could almost feel like I was walking in the snow...

Congrats to your anniversary - time does fly, huh? I really hope you'll keep writing more superb stories - I'll keep reading :)

I just have to show you one of my fav lines:

'bout so tall, green eyes, hair gel. You and him can't be let loose together… 'Gibbs the comedian', everybody! ;D

Azamiko chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
_ Coulda laid some branches down to distribute the weight. Or hooked the collar with one. I should learn to lasso...
vanishingp2000 chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
Well Happy Anniversary! This is a lovely tag to the Rainbow Lake, a little bit of Tony whump, nice visuals. Yes very nice indeed. Many thanks and here's to many more stories from you. VP xx
fred chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
'He realised that it was Thom. E. Gemcity who was sitting by the fall,'

I was definitely thinking that, worked well.

Very much enjoyed this descriptive piece from you

JellyKate1 chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
This made me smile! Lovely, thank you. :-) And happy anniversary (and keep writing...)
cheekymice chapter 1 . 9/30/2010

That was beautiful!

Loved the imagery. And Tony rescuing a dog. Gotta love that as you know what a sucker I am for animals.

Yeah Tony...follow me! ;)

Love you L

dnachemlia chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
I liked it!
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
A special gift for a special occasion. Thanks for the nod, it is very nice. I do believe your fans get the better deal out of it all ... we get to enjoy your lovely adventures.

WOW 1 year and 24 stories... darn impressive.

Continue to write and share please.

I'd love to suggest another wonderful fandom and character to you - Leverage and Eliot Spencer yummmmmmmmm.
sarahsrr chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Congratulations on your one year anniversary. I remember your first story the tag to Sandblast and other wonderful stories. Thank you! And thanks for mentioning me. I try to read every story including this fantastic one you have here!

A very nice ending to your last stoty. A great way for the team to relax with their new friends after solving the case. And liked that the Troublemint friends who were looking after each other. And a concerned Tony going after Tim but ends up falling in water rescuing a dog. And then the otter and beaver encouraging Tony to go back despite being froaen cold. And he told Gibbs what happened leaving out talking to the otter and beaver. Wonderfully written and a great gift for Diana Teo. Looking forward to your next work!

jdm chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Happy Anniversary! Love the story-looking forward to many more.
diana teo chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I'm totally overcome...grinning like a silly loon and feeling all warm and mushy,I can't thank you enough for producing such a lusciously gorgeous A/N (has it only been a year?) was beautifully how many loyal readers you have?

Tony napping with the kids,so adorable! Tim's walk and the waterfall,mmm,scenic descriptions have always been your forte...Gibbs' 'bout so tall,green eyes,hair gel'-lol! McMoonlight,love that,and I was gazing with childlike wonder at the falls with him,spotted that owl(!),rescuing Chewbacca and thinking,naw,you wouldn't dunk him,and clapping my hand to my mouth when you DID! Had a good guffaw when he discovered it was only 3 feet deep! You minx...poor soaked n shivering Tony!

Loved the 'prodding' and 'encouraging' words from the Otter and Raven (glossy black with deep green sheen,eh? I wish,lol)

Did you have fun talking to Tony in your Otter persona? And you bit him! Plus you managed to get him half-nekkid,clever girl...

Happy Anniversary,my dear!