Reviews for Lean Green Love Machine
FelynxTiger chapter 3 . 10/24/2010
:\ oh well i wish u lots of luck on your on stories and dont worry we will always remember u :)
Renting chapter 3 . 10/24/2010
Although I'm sad to see you hanging up your cloak for a while (possibly forever), know that I remain a loyal fan and friend if you ever need someone to talk to. I wish you all the luck in writing your own work! :)

Renting
bk00 chapter 2 . 10/16/2010
Nice work. I feel for BB, Rae's always so mean to him (though its good to see her realizing it)! And I can't wait for the wedding that's going to be a wonderful scene to write! I mean what could possibly go wrong at a superhero wedding?
bk00 chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
This is so deep! Can't wait to see wait your going to do here!
SnowFallsSlow chapter 2 . 10/16/2010
Now, this is something that hasn't happened in a while.

Whilst reading your story, I found myself pausing and actually looking up words. That is, you managed to use a host of words that I've never heard of before, which, I assure you, is dreadfully uncommon. For that, I thank you.

Aside from that, you've offered, if not a fresh situation, a far more interesting way of looking at this situation than I am accustomed to. I await your next chapter eagerly.

-Snow
FelynxTiger chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
engaged being a teenager its weird, you should put their ages , well done with the plot , and this is just yet an other review to tell how gr8 you got involved Raven and beasyboy relationship , i like cyborg being the one who cheer up bb they are the bestest friends , as for bb reaction about how harsh raven was by moking him it just seems a little ooc but your explanation was good , last but not least raven and her half-demon part are taken a good part in the story i think that finish the chapter like that was very good , see u next ch.
TheCriticDude chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
It still good no matter how torturous as it is to wait. That was a good first chapter and im waiting eagerly for more.
Zenia chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
That quite some vocab. you have there.

Starfire and Robin are getting married, yes. Yet you say that they are teenager so what are their ages?

-Read You Later
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
I see the foundations of a story where our two favorite heroes will be forced to face their own fears of inadequacy. Raven, always doubting being able to overcome her heritage, is feeling guilty about how she treats BB.

BB meanwhile is at a crossroads, struggling with his own feelings of rejecttion, not just from his friends but from someone who has a special place in his heart, someone he can't quite seem to let go of yet knows that he must.

And to further stir the pot the two now have to deal with Robin and Starfire's anouncement which will no doubt rub salt into not only BB's wounded heart, but possibly Raven's as well.

I'm looking forward to the engagement party. Something tells me that it will be both funny and tragic.
crazy nerd chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
I like your writing and encourage you to write your own novel or short story thats non fanfiction, even though I would like you to write more fanfiction.;) anyways I wish you the best of luck
muddie chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
Though it has only been 1 chapter ( prologue), I can already see this story becoming one of my favourites. Maybe it's the way you don't neglect Cyborg like most other writers or perhaps it's the awesome title (I LOVE IT!). Whatever it is, continue to work your voodoo magic on this story and seduce us readers into submission!

I can't wait to see how the drug talks go! Raven will be all antisocially stage presence-less until she gets mad, Robin will be either really boring or really scary, Cyborg will probably be well received- by people who want to touch his cool bluey parts, Starfire will be a joke for the mean kids (poor Starfire) and Beast Boy will steal the show (YAY!) hence restoring his self esteem (double YAY!). (Though, I suspect that some villains will come to crash the party. The Hive, maybe?)

Write soon!
The Flying Frog chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
Now this story is absolutely fascinating. And I applaud your wide vocabulary...but um, don't take this the wrong way, but the average person doesn't know what half of the words used even means. And Beast Boy is uneducated. I don't think he would know the words despondent or ebullient. Raven, I can see. Cyborg...maybe. But Beast Boy? Not really.

So, now for my oh so glorious review time.

Aside from the large vocabulary words, the story seems to progress fairly well. And I kind of agree and disagree with Raven about the School Assemblies. Sure, they are about the same age and have very little experience with drugs and other stuff. But they also all have very dark and tragic events in their life.

Raven being born of rape, kept isolated growing up.

Robin, having lost his family and raised by the one person who doesn't really get what having a family means, and has passed on his obsession to Robin.

Starfire, having been taken captive and betrayed by her sister.

Cyborg lost his mother and half his body, which was then rebuilt by his dad. Ever since then he had been ridiculed by his former friends and his girlfriend broke up with him because she couldn't stand being near him.

And finally Beast Boy. Suffered through Sakutia and became green. Lost his parents at a young age, kidnapped by poachers and jewel thieves and forced into slavery and a life of crime. When he escaped from that he lived on the streets. Got taken in by the Doom Patrol and never allowed to have a moment of fun. Constant attempts to kill him by his guardian Nicholas Galtry to steal his family fortune that he was going to inherit.

So yeah. They all have pretty dark pasts and tragic events. Some more than others, but each one is traumatizing. I think they're a bit more prepared than they think. Of course, only Robin can't give too many details without disclosing his secret identity.

I think it would be ironic if one of the schools they went too was Cyborg's old school, and he talks about how people are judged, sometimes for thinks outside of his control. He talks about losing all his friends, his mother, and his girlfriend as a result of an accident. Talks about how much it hurts to judge someone different. That would be interesting.

Now for the whole Robin and Starfire being betrothed and Beast Boy being jealous. For those two...IT'S ABOUT TIME! Constantly stepping around each other. As for Beast Boy being jealous. I'm guessing he isn't jealous of them personally, but what they have. Especially since he was thinking of Raven. And Cyborg mentioned Raven before Beast Boy did.

It also looks like Raven is seriously contemplating her demonic nature, and if it has anything to do with how she treats Beast Boy. Very interesting. It would also be interesting to see if that actually was the reason.

Looking forward too more.
GreenRock chapter 2 . 10/15/2010
It's was a long wait, but it was all worth it in the end.

The direction that you'll be taking this story is very well concealed as the first chapter does not allude to something particular or predictable. Unusual would probably be the best word to describe it; having a starting chapter that is unusual is a good worth to, not only keeping the reader guessing about where the story will eventually lead to, but it keeps them intrigued and will instantly make them want to stick with the story and see where it goes.

The way you played out BB in this chapter was very interesting. On the outside, he always comes across as the happy-go-lucky, always chirpy person, but at times, it does seem a little too contrived. Here, he allowed for one moment of weakness to escape and now he is seen in a different light. Considering his past, it's amazing how he manages to keep himself so positive when he has so much negative thrown at him - in this instance, how Rae's words effected him so much, when they were seemingly harmless. The way you connected BB's admiration for the empath and how easily he was struck down by her words, is one of many examples of how much she really means to him. AS for Raven, well, I can't extract a single moment from the show when she ever hints at feeling regret towards anything she either says or does to BB; by showing her regret for being a little spiteful towards BB, you bring out a new characteristic in someone and therefore invites the reader to become a little more fascinated with the character even more than usual.

Ending the scene with Raven entering Nevermore is clever route to take, not only to entice the reader to stay with the story, but it adds further plot to the whole story in general.

You take as much time as you need dude. Collateral took more than a year to complete and was wildly successful, so . . . this has all the potential of being something special as well.

:D
Sir Alwick chapter 2 . 10/14/2010
Novus, my friend, I can already tell this is gearing up to be a excellent story. Already I can feel myself becoming emotionally attached. I identify so much with the way Beast Boy is feeling. When you're so unhappy with yourself and your current situation it can be incredibly difficult to feel happiness for others, even if they're your best friends. It's not really anything you can help, it's just part of being human. I'm really looking forward to see how this plays out, and I just know you're going to create something wonderful.

Keep up the great work.

Your friend,

Sir Alwick

P.S. Thanks for the plug. It really means a lot to me.
Renting chapter 2 . 10/14/2010
Yay! New chapter.

Can't really comment on the plot since I don't know where it's going yet, but good job so far! The robxstar proposal was adorable (although you wonder how old they are) and can't wait for the wedding! will the dark knight be attending?

the thing between bb and rae was good as well. is she sarcastic and hurtful because of her heritage? i mean, she can't express emotions but she could at least be pleasant about it. interesting theory.

can't wait for next chapter!
43 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »