Reviews for As Soft Rains Fall
owlhero chapter 14 . 10/19/2012
Poo Sam being torn up on the inside. Considering he was an accomplise, willing or otherwise, I wonder how he is willing to go to redeem himself? To death possibly. I think I almost his description of what Jack was like before and during his transformation. You put his fear of the unknown in words very well.

Okay I was laughing during the uniform measurement. Anything like that is pure humor. I did nor completely get the "GOT IT" reference. Is Barry really want to date Ms. T?

Barry seems like a future version of Sam but with different details as to his guilt.
owlhero chapter 13 . 9/26/2012
I happen to think music speaks to our souls better than words do. Anyway...

I am a little surprised Keyes has this much pull to practically divert the whole band to do his bidding. That part seems a little unrealistic to me. Then again knowing the band director helps.

You would not know anyone with a connection to LSU? The college scenes seem really detailed to me even though you can find of this out online.

I cant help but wonder if the twins might stick among the college students?

I must say this clearly tops whatever previous pranks/plans have ever pulled off. And so many ways for it to go wrong. But at least the whole band seems to decide the standard college energy for creativity, some for bad, for good this time. And would their Saturdays less boring anyway.
owlhero chapter 12 . 9/20/2012
I wondered about the chapter title. Could be foreshadowing the future or matching the mood the song created.

Talk about ceremonial and unmilitary...a golf cart. lol.

I knew the twins would have to do some work to get what they want. It would not be fair for Keyes to do everything for the plan. As for the music, never of the song. But I wonder what was your reason for using it?

I found it laughable Zack would afraid of Keyes' driving considering the stunts he pulled in the past.
owlhero chapter 11 . 9/20/2012
The dalai Lima quote seems to channel Keyes here.

LOL. Love the show's reference with Tut and the students. Very funny. Add in the front office incompetence and you got a riot.

It seems as though Sam is full in on any possible plan. the plan itself is very good. I mean who would notice two almost adults in 80,000 plus students and fans? But the band should really fun to see if they pull off since they would be noticed by other band members. Then again the pair do have some muscial background and experience according to the show.
owlhero chapter 10 . 9/5/2012
Parker's quote should have been the summary paragraph. It fits so perfectly.

Poor Sam, I wonder how far he will go.

It figures Keyes would lie to the twins about the guns. A gun in this case could only cause more hamr than good.

Keyes's multvaried reaction to Sam is wonderful, shows his for the cliffhanger. I'm caught up.
MyMagicalPengirl chapter 4 . 8/28/2012
I love how you start every chapter with a quote! :DDDD I'm really excited for the story so far. It's really alive, you truly see the motives behind Jack and Sam. I can't wait to find out more of the characters! ;DDD However I am still confused as to why Zack would beat up Sam in the first place. Perhaps I'll find out later as you continue to upload chapters! ;DD This story is REALLY good, your level and style of writing is absolute brilliance. I can't wait for more! Update soon! :DDD
MyMagicalPengirl chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Wow, this story is certainly a Change of Events from the usual SLOD fanfics but that's what makes it so captivating.
I just LOVE your descriptive writing - its very talented :D Keep it up! ;D
owlhero chapter 9 . 1/5/2011
Marines? Good Lord. The boys have it coming at them. The hard part is getting them up there. I worried the demon Murphy will show and wreck food and the atmosphere seems euthentic. It makes me want to try the food. The coordination between the elements of the military is essential to make this seem real and hopefully pull it off. You did that.
tiger002 chapter 7 . 11/6/2010
Okay, so now we start to see how the various pieces tie together. Although, if Jack and Sam assulted the twins six years ago, and they say that their revenge started three years ago...something doesn't add up here. Perhaps it wasn't just the twins who have forgotten something? I'm curious to see more and I'll try not to fall behind again.
tiger002 chapter 6 . 11/6/2010
Wow, a lot happened here. I forgot in my last review I really liked the double meaning of your chapter title for chapter five.

Also a good quote to start off this chapter as you show where revenge has taken Jack and Sam, though I don't see a need to kill Maya too, after all, she didn't do anything to them.

However, it felt like the scenes with them going overboard were too abrupt, maybe show more of the battle that led to the twins being pushed overboard along with their feelings during it. For such a major event, it seems like a one short line doesn't do it justice.
tiger002 chapter 5 . 11/6/2010
mostly...oh no, Maya!

Well, remember what I said when I reviewed chapter 4 about not getting behind again...sorry. This is really good though, I love the depth you give the villians here, I can see why they'd want revenge, and that they truly care about each other. This is great, onto more chapters!
owlhero chapter 7 . 10/26/2010
So the twins become more enlightened of Keyes's and their enemies' past. It seems like Keyes is a knidred spirit of sorts, driving himself in honor of higher purpose. What about Sam? Is it possible that Keyes has a history with him, even a personal one? Good chapter, we finally get to see inside keyes' soul. This will give the twins time to comtemplate.
owlhero chapter 6 . 10/25/2010
For last chapter, i meant i hope maya does notgo thru a fatal end.

I always love the quotes you have at the top of each chapter. They always have related to the characters' thoughts or actions in the chapter. This always makes them more make so much sense, especially chapter 4's quote about thoughts and for this chapter's quote, the consequences of anger are slightly more grievous than the causes

There's goes my empathy for the jack and sam for the story. So they actually did it. Jack's plan was smart. Cutting the power just increased the confusion aboard. You made them seem like they had emjoyment in doing what they did.

At keyes got the twins out of the water. I wonder how Keyes and Zack will react after what happened to Maya and the connection to everything before. The rescue attempt was chaotic. I liked how you wrote the scene.
owlhero chapter 5 . 10/25/2010
So we know there's tragedy behind Jack's life. I honestly cant blame him for wanting revenge on Zack for what he did to Jack and Sam. Kids can insanely cruel people when they want to be as we all know they can. You are making me feel sorry for Jack since we now know they were exchanging roles of bully and bullied. As was your purpose, I presume.

I have a feeling Zack wont find out what happened in Jack's past until its too late. Maybe Jack finds out Zack has changed. Maybe not. Hopefully maya does go thru a fatal end.
Hailfax-McGee chapter 3 . 10/24/2010
I have to apologize for my absence these past weeks. Maybe even more than a month, I don't know. I am sorry. But I've finally gotten back to trying to catch up with everything. I have to say, this story is looking pretty good so far. I like the element of mystery it has so far. I would like to see longer chapters though. These past two chapters could have easily been put into one. And I'd like a little look into Zack and Jack's interactions as roommates. Maybe, I'll get that next chapter I don't know. So far, though, it's looking good.