Reviews for Fear of Flying
raindrops855 chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
This was a very well written one shot. Edward's struggles are so palpable, my heart breaks for him.
yogacat chapter 2 . 10/4/2010
Beautiful as always.

Really, I never talk to anyone and I don't have any friends...solves the whole stupid communication problem.
cshorte chapter 2 . 10/3/2010
Loved it!
ICMezzo chapter 2 . 10/3/2010
this was a beautiful story, bb. i love how you set the tale within the plane ride. tge rise, the fall, the speed, the unknown... just perfect.

amazing, as always. -ICM
kmfroggi chapter 2 . 10/3/2010
this was a great story, thanks for writing. im glad he stood up and did what he had to for his family, but him not telling bella was just wrong. im glad they found their way back to each other!
arfalcon chapter 2 . 10/3/2010
Holy cow, what a beautiful, tightly constructed story. That last sentence was just so damn perfect.

Gah, I think it's going to take a few hours for the happiness to sink in, but you just mended my fic-induced broken heart. Great story.

Thank you, too, for Durameter's donation to FGB, and for sharing this with the rest of us.
arfalcon chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
You must have been an architect in a prior life, because this story is constructed like a pyramid: a full, yet tight foundation of all the awkwardness of adolescence and first love, set against the starkness of Edward's fear of flying as it climbs upward toward the blossoming of the relationship before tapering off to that sharp point of pain. I love the structure of the story, even if it pulled me apart to watch Edward spiral back down into the depth of despair as a different kind of fear silenced him.

So many parts of this story touched me deeply: Edward and Bella's first goodbye, with parents witnessing both of their tears (there's just something about a boy that age crying), and then the growing tragedy of Edward's family. I've seen that kind of financial unraveling in a friend's family, and it is beyond devastating to everyone, but particularly for the children.

Thank god that next chapter is already up.
Britt01 chapter 2 . 10/3/2010
Great fic! Durameter definitely got her money's worth! I love that you didn't magically have them get back together as soon as Bella finally knew - or that Edward immediately jumped back into things, either. RL responsibilities suck, and things like committing your mother or trying to make money to support your family are real, and trauma just doesn't go away that easily. I love that Alice & his mother came together in the end to help him reach his potential, and that things did work out with Bella eventually. Nice story :)
arreyn emme chapter 2 . 10/2/2010
nice! love the plane metaphor that is intertwined with edward's narrative.
furious kitten chapter 2 . 10/2/2010
So this has a wussperv rating of about 0%. That part where Esme asks him if he thought he'd be sacrificing everything forever and he says yes? Heartbreaking! But I'm glad these two worked things out in the end.
KCakaAlice chapter 2 . 10/2/2010
I loved this. Which isn't a surprise because I love everything you write. This was so emotional and captivating. Fantastic job, as always
Nrbl1 chapter 2 . 10/2/2010
WOW! Loved it! Its all about comminucation and compromise! And they say true love never wins :)
darcy13 chapter 2 . 10/2/2010
Loved it. Still had the E & B connection, but very grounded and unique.
teddikayg chapter 2 . 10/1/2010
Wow...just...wow...not many times that I am rendered speechless, but this was incredible!

Thanks so much for posting..

teddi
orlanka chapter 2 . 10/1/2010
loved it, so glad there was a HEA.
156 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »