Reviews for Blink to Break the Magic
TMIdiamond789 chapter 2 . 1/22
I think this applies to Esme's feelings:
Mene mene tekel upharsin
Weighed in the balance and found wanting.
The line is from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare; it is mentioned in both City of Ashes and City of Glass.
TMIdiamond789 chapter 1 . 1/22
Actually, I loved the poem; I thought it was extremely creative and rather inspiring and full of love and passion:)
Guest chapter 5 . 7/5/2012
Dear Mackenzie:

I am just copying this story, so I haven't read it yet but I have read most of Stainhed Glass Soul and a few of the Renesmee carlise Esme grandparent stories and I absolutley love them. You really have tapped into the true essence of being of these characters...if I didn't know that Stephenie had not written them I could not tell the difference because you are excellent just like her. Thanks so much. You can e-mail me if you like at or if you're in the 619 area code call me 277-2703 and thanks again and again. I truly enjoy your well written stories. Bye for now.
bradt4life chapter 7 . 1/31/2012
Wow personally I really feel you have captured these characters as if you created them.
complacently-yours chapter 2 . 11/22/2011
I swear I can never read enough of this scene in as many points of view as you can offer. I love it so much, the significance of it and Esme's innocence and wonder at seeing Carlisle for the first time. Just think, she doesn't even have the slightest clue that he will be her soul mate one day and the father of her adopted children. A few decades left to go!
complacently-yours chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
I love writing poetry. I'm not always the best but it's a great way to get across a deeper message without making it too wordy. I think you did a fantastic job of that here (only it was better since it actually rhymed!)
MyWanderingLover chapter 7 . 10/28/2011
Every chapter was beautiful. Well done.
inlovewithaghost chapter 2 . 9/2/2011
Yep these donuts I really want are just a tad too far over on my couch to grab them ;)

Just kidding. I love this chapter and I can totally sympathize with Esme's feelings.
MissWendyWatson chapter 2 . 6/29/2011
Beautiful reiteration of their first meeting! This fic truly is magical!
IrisTwinkle chapter 4 . 6/28/2011
All of these are beautiful excerpts from their years together before they met. Carlisle's story is so heartbreaking. He spent too much time alone thinking he was worth next to nothing which drove him to become a doctor. He's probably the most underappreciated character in the saga which is why i love to read fan fic about him.
AttheLourve chapter 2 . 5/31/2011
Well it wasn't as emotionally engaging as the one in Stained Glass, surprisingly, I think because it was written afterward? But your writing is always beautiful no matter what, so it was interesting. I see you've written some of the Pre-Stained Glass Carlisle moments as well. I look forward to reading more of these chapters another time.
trust.the.wind chapter 7 . 5/24/2011
Beautiful job on this story! I look forward to seeing the other chapters you plan to write for this next. I do have a small question though , Will these all be taking place chronologically before Stained Glass Soul?
Lena-Nicole-10 chapter 3 . 5/18/2011
oh she is quite hopeless isnt she! perfectly so :) & dear lord that scene makes mo so glad ive never had to sit through tea time; cuz just reading about it made me want to go roll in dirt so as to stave off the effects of any lingering properness! lol :P
Lena-Nicole-10 chapter 2 . 5/18/2011
I absolutely love love love ur descriptions! How u use similes & metaphors to portray things makes the image even more perfect!
Lena-Nicole-10 chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
i think its a very lovely poem!