Reviews for My Autistic Brother
Diclonious57 chapter 16 . 2/26/2019
This is cute
TheSilverHunt3r chapter 8 . 4/13/2017
Yeah, every main Death Note character needs therapy. Kudos.
-Silver
mihaelnia chapter 1 . 7/24/2016
This is one of the sweetest, saddest, and heart-breaking story i've ever read. First of all, i love The Wammy's era. We get to see Mello and Near from their younger age, how they develop, we get a peek at their life and past in there. I love the fact that you explored that.

We always get to see the rivalry between Mello and Near in most of fan fictions. And although in some of them we get to see them bonds and later either become close friends or lovers, this story of yours show us a very unique way of how they bonds to each other, their relationship that not just centers about them as rivals to each other or lovers, in this, you show us that side of Mello that we thought didn't exist. We know how ambitious and how he has that anger in him. We know that he think of Near as his rival, but there's that sense of maturity, care, and his will to accept and understand -he helped Near even though Near's his rival.
We get to see this side of Mello who put other's needs above his own needs/want. The fact that we know that he has anger management issues and he was able to be that patient and caring to Near, means a lot. You've explored, and developed his characters well.

And how sweet and cute it is when Near tends to clung to Mello. And it's heart-breaking that in the end, when Mello died, how sorry he felt. I cried, reading that last chapter. I can imagine how in that moment, perhaps he wished to go back to those years where he can talk to Mello, those times where he would clung to him, those times where Mello would tap his hand and calm him down, those times where he gets to sleep with Mello and let him "chase the nightmares away".

In the end, maybe Mello and Near can't be there for each other. It doesn't matter if they were brothers, friends, or rivals, strangers, or anything to each other. They held a special place for each other in their memories, in their heart.
Snowdrop Pax chapter 1 . 7/16/2016
I read the title and thought it said acoustic like the guitar
Kou Keehl chapter 41 . 10/14/2015
I actually like this story. but the ending is so sad :'' i thought that since this was an AU, u would make the ending different than the original. but oh well good work anyway
SpiritCrimson11 chapter 1 . 8/29/2015
Hey!
I just got into the Mello/Near ship (they're now my otp), about a couple months ago (I just watched Death Note so) and I've been on this fic reading spree. Someone recommended My Autistic Brother to me and while it wasn't romance, they said it's brilliant and it's about Mello/Near's relationship, so how could I not? I started reading it, and I was hooked. I love love LOVE how you portrayed Near. I love it so much. I also loved how you portrayed 8-year old Mello. I know nothing about how autistic children behave, but I get the feeling you've given Near a very realistic portrayal. I loved how you showed Mello's determination to help Near get better. It was the most adorable thing in the world. I loved the portrayal of their relationship, how Near started seeing Mello as his guardian. I've cried more times while reading this fic than I care to admit. What's worse is, you sort of instilled that hope, that Mello and Near would always remain brothers after that, and in a way, I'm sure they did, beneath all that rivalry, but it still hurts, because Mello died and it hurts so much oh god. This fic made his death that much more painful, because you know, something like this could have easily happened in canon. And it makes sense for Near to not have remembered it. It could really have happened. I just, thanks for writing this beautiful fic. It was so bittersweet, and this is the first fic where I adored Matt, too. I don't usually dislike Matt or anything (okay, maybe my bitter M/N heart does not like him sometimes) but you can say, I'm indifferent to him in some ways. This fic made me cry for him, too. That's how beautifully you've woven the relationships here. I just, we could have had it all man. Why the rivalry, Mello! WHY! :( Sobs. But really, beautiful fic. Absolutely beautiful, and one of the best fics I've read on these two, and believe me, I've read nearly every fic on this ship. (Such is a life of a fangirl, after all).
Reader chapter 41 . 4/3/2015
This is a completely awesome story. I'm in love with it. It's well-written, with a great plot and amazing execution. You did a fabulous job on this fic :)
I have to say, this (in my opinion) is one of the best, if not the best, of all the stories in the Death Note fandom
ace chapter 41 . 1/6/2015
So I know this story was written a while ago but I just read it and it made me cry I wanted to say you did a great job and made my day
LasairFlame1962 chapter 41 . 8/18/2014
So sad poor near
Guest chapter 41 . 7/25/2014
Mello and Near are so sweet!
Guest chapter 41 . 7/25/2014
Its the most awesome and the most sad fanfic I ever read! Love it!
Mello and Near are awesome!

;)
Guest chapter 41 . 5/30/2014
;( so touching aww bittersweet
Great job
Guest chapter 5 . 5/30/2014
Aww Mello is a sweetie :)
Andrahz chapter 41 . 10/6/2013
good job! :D loved the story, u did a awesome job writing it! didn't really get what happened to Sarah, but I enjoyed reading it :)
andrah chapter 37 . 10/5/2013
i knew it was going to be like this *dumdurm*