Reviews for A Room With A View
freakily obsessed Yassen fan chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Wow. That was excellent. Really brought out Andy's warmer side, which doesn't seem to happen enough on here. Or anywhere, really! But you did it perfectly, so I congratulate you, and also well done for choosing such a good book to set it around... I think it's more after A Cure for all Diseases? But ayway, enough rambling. Keep writing!
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
I've had the alert from this story in my inbox for what seems a terribly long time, and I'm sorry I didn't get to the first read-through until tonight, though somehhow it IS perfect to read tonight. There were so many unexpected elements in this, and just when I thought I knew where the story was going, you changed tack: free range eggs, B&Bs, life-and-death matters.

I also enjoyed the inclusion of Andy's heritage, and all the images associated with that -and not just the magnificent view, either. It's so seldom that I read anything about, say, traditional music and ceilidhs, so it was a nice surprise to have both. Scottish dancing is hardly for couch potatoes, but I can testify to the fact that appearances can be deceiving when it comes to guessing who's going to be light on his feet.

And then you conclude this one-shot with a tender, even spiritual exchange. Just a wonderful story.
Molly Hunt chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
What a beautiful piece, aomh. So atmospheric and very touching.