Reviews for Harry Potter and the Gilded Portrait
Guest chapter 22 . 15h
I'm confused. Didn't the lavender thing happen way after the Yule ball? Wasn't she still really young turning the Yule ball? Your timeline is confusing and the abrupt uncontrollable rioting arousal is a little jarring and kind of uncomfortable. I don't mind sex scenes at all, but the two with harry and hermione seem unnecessarily extreme and oddly desperate. It's just that it's always suddenly and immediately desperate and all consuming. I'm also getting annoyed with hermiones weird abrupt shifts in personality or mood. One moment she's extremely self conscious and the next she's wearing a string bikini. She doesn't think her body is nice, but she's the one being forward each time during sexual situations and even relished being on top with everything displayed openly to Harry. Her behavior just contrasts and contradicts her inner thoughts and sometimes even her previous actions all within the same chapter.

I understand people are contradictory, but not to the point where they completely disregard their own character or insecurities that are deeply ingrained. I also think they fell into mad devoted love really fast. It's not even just that they admitted they loved each other, they're saying they were MEANT for one another.

What about any resolution about how Hermione reacted towards Ron? She was hurt and upset he was sleeping with someone else, but then there's absolutely no real closure on her feelings about that. I'm also annoyed with her suddenly saying she's always loved Harry. That's just unnecessary and unbelievable. It completely dismisses any legitimacy her feelings for Ron had. It's not like loving harry after loving someone else makes what she has with harry cheap or less special. Why go this route at all when you said you hated people ignoring what happened in canon? You're dismissing what happened in canon or making it less important here to fit your whims. its also jarring because you paid attention to Ron and hermione's almost relationship and feelings in the beginning and it was one of the major conflicts, but now you're basically saying she didn't really love Ron anyways. So was all that drama completely pointless? I'd almost like the sudden confession of hermiones if you just ignored the whole Ron thing from cannon. Now I'm just annoyed by it. Not that I like Ron, I actually deplore him and struggled through the books because of my avid dislike towards him. You definitely got his character down just right and I dislike him in this story almost as much as in canon. So, honestly, awesome job with his characterization.

I sincerely adored this story until the vacation happened. It feels like almost two different stories to me. Hermione seems completely out of character sometimes and there's a lot being said or done that completely contradicts the first half of the story.

I know this story was written a few years ago and I can only imagine you've grown to become an even more talented writer. So while this story no longer seems like my cup of tea, I look forward to reading other stories you've shared.
Phatpoodle chapter 7 . 8/20
Great story. Whenever I hear an old Pink Floyd song I think of Ron Weasley.
FierceDeityLinkMask chapter 46 . 3/31
Sucks. Balls
HeartsGlow chapter 44 . 10/19/2015
You made a grave error. Tom made his first Horcrux while still at Hogwarts...before Severus was born. OK, the end of this chapter is too pat...it would have been far better to write that she had been tossed into the Veil (NOT the vale). They may have "got through to her" but how will they know whether she will ever change?
HeartsGlow chapter 11 . 10/18/2015
I guess she is pretty young for a Hogwart's professor, but Severus was only about 22 when he became a professor. (Harry's parent's were born in 1960, had Harry when they were 20 in 1980, Sev came to work as a professor just after being in Azkaban a few months after Voldie's demise, so early in 1982...he would have been 22 as he was born in January.)
HeartsGlow chapter 10 . 10/18/2015
I am wondering why Hermione didn't just sell their office and leave then try to return their memories while in Australia. After all, they seemed so happy there. Anyway, for what is going on, your Hermione is stressed beyond all reason. She is going through tough times, but the war's only been over for a few days. Things don't happen overnight. She's not acting intelligent, she's acting pretty stupidly.
HeartsGlow chapter 9 . 10/18/2015
I think it's funny that Authors keep picturing Colin as that tiny first year. He is only a year younger than Harry, and was probably taller than Harry when he died. Harry was the runt of the school pretty much. I hope they grow away from Ron. He never stands by them when it really counts. Someday he might realize what he threw away, but I think it would be a long time coming.
HeartsGlow chapter 8 . 10/18/2015
So Tom's life is AU too. He wasn't an unwanted orphan who went back and killed his father and grandparents directly after telling them who he was. Dying to know who this women is, and if she lived as long as she has and is powerful, she really has no need of Riddle...or his portrait.
HeartsGlow chapter 4 . 10/17/2015
Funny that they would just blurt out the info on Ginny and Dean after what they'd heard from Ron in St. Mungos.
HeartsGlow chapter 1 . 10/17/2015
"little Colin Creevy" was only a year younger than Harry. He was about/almost 17 during the battle...same age as Luna & Ginny.
HeartsGlow chapter 2 . 10/17/2015
Why didn't she just stay the night at Grimmauld?
Brian1972 chapter 12 . 5/12/2015
Ronald is an adult who has passed his OWLs. I don't see an criminal offence in any of his actions and we know from book 5 that there is no law that says you have to pass your NEWTs (see the twins leaving the school).

Family pressure is ok (like we won't support you anymore and so on) but this is outright illegal. In essence Arthur just started to abuse his position on the same level as Fudge. Gratulations didn't even take you one week!
Brian1972 chapter 5 . 5/12/2015
Very unlikely for MacG's parents not coming from the UK. And while it wasn't safe everywhere in the UK smuggling people above borders wasn't an issue there.
Guest chapter 11 . 2/25/2015
I hate that there aren't more stories like this, more mature HP fics, all the popular ones are so fucking cliche I can't stand to read them.
GBTtown chapter 15 . 11/14/2014
I want to know, who is doing the spell check for FFN? I mean it must be the entire website because author after author spells "ROGUE" as "rouge". That ranks right up there with "DEFINITELY " being spelled as "defiantly". Both of these are of course topped by the truly annoying "LOSER" spelled "looser".
I don't know, maybe I am the "looser" for letting petty things like this annoy me but, they "defiantly" do.