Reviews for Harry Potter and the Gilded Portrait
Brian1972 chapter 12 . 5/12
Ronald is an adult who has passed his OWLs. I don't see an criminal offence in any of his actions and we know from book 5 that there is no law that says you have to pass your NEWTs (see the twins leaving the school).

Family pressure is ok (like we won't support you anymore and so on) but this is outright illegal. In essence Arthur just started to abuse his position on the same level as Fudge. Gratulations didn't even take you one week!
Brian1972 chapter 5 . 5/12
Very unlikely for MacG's parents not coming from the UK. And while it wasn't safe everywhere in the UK smuggling people above borders wasn't an issue there.
I hate that there aren't more stories like this, more mature HP fics, all the popular ones are so fucking cliche I can't stand to read them.
GBTtown chapter 15 . 11/14/2014
I want to know, who is doing the spell check for FFN? I mean it must be the entire website because author after author spells "ROGUE" as "rouge". That ranks right up there with "DEFINITELY " being spelled as "defiantly". Both of these are of course topped by the truly annoying "LOSER" spelled "looser".
I don't know, maybe I am the "looser" for letting petty things like this annoy me but, they "defiantly" do.
DylanL chapter 46 . 2/18/2014
Great story. Couple of things I want to mention though. First, u have the offer from McGonagall to Hermione for her return to Hogwarts in here twice, once before she even thinks about Tahiti and once when she returns, she even has the exact same response to it. Second is Star also Cassie or was it a coincedense that they were in the leaky cauldron around the same time. Third time line wise your story is quite confusing at times like when the second prophecy was made, u should have held that until it was more fitting into the timeline of the story. Fourth the date on the prophecy should have been 1998 not 1999. Fifth u should watch or grammer, I know u occasionally said roll instead of role and things like that. Sixth, even after all that it was still a great story and I highly enjoyed reading it.
Guest chapter 13 . 1/18/2014
A formidable trivium ate. With Ron as he is right now... And now the trio has got to come together again. Poor Hermione.
Guest chapter 5 . 1/17/2014
I sincerely hope that Australian ministry receptionist was just playing a joke on Hermione and McGonnall. I get really annoyed at Australian stereotypes.
Freed-sama chapter 45 . 12/27/2013
The fight scene was terrible. It read like that fighting show on TV whatever its called... UFC...KFC, something like that.

Really, what was the point of this whole elaborate set up to return Draco's wand to him? Its been many years since I've read cannon so I can not say this with certainty, but I believe Draco was never aware of the fact that he was master of the Elder Wand.

So the only this "Hermione's Brilliant Plan" achieved was to make Draco, a guy who has a most disreputable past, aware of the fact that he is master of the Death Stick. Well, considering he's redeemed there's nothing to worry about, right? I mean, he only let a bunch of homicidal, sadistic, diseased, and crazed terrorists into a building full of school children. No doubt you can trust him with the secret of the Deathly Hollows. Yep No doubt about that.

Even if Draco was aware of the fact that he was the master of the Elder Wand, it is by no means a bright idea to draw his attention to that fact. It should be something that is left to fade into the obscurity of history.

And really, Draco could have just bought a new wand. Even if it wasn't at Olivander's he could have hopped across the channel to France and bought one there. A much simpler solution.

Oh and a "Savior to the Wizarding World", trained as a special forces unit of an elite Government Task Force, losing a duel to a school-boy is just sad. Not to mention would come with all sorts of political fall out. I mean really, the best of the Ministry, fresh out of a top-secret training program, losing to a school-boy. Pathetic.

So while I've loved your story up until this chapter you seem to have really screwed this up and blown your own story out of the water. Or perhaps you're just making a statment on the HP Universe; in whcih case you've done so with aplomb.

(1) Harry Potter is one talentless but lucky SOB. (2) The British Ministry Of Magic is utterly and completely incompetent on every level... not that that's anything new really. I mean who the hell make the director of the misuse of Muggle Artifacts Affice the fucking Minister. How is he even the head of Misuse of Muggle Artifacts office. If I recall he didn't even know what a power strip (or something of that nature) was. And lastly (3) the people of the Wizarding world lack any common sense. But I won't even get started on that one.
Guest chapter 46 . 11/27/2013
That was a well written story for sure. I think that the best part was definitely the dialogue between characters. It was always clear who was speaking to whom and how the individual characterizations blended with the overall plot. Great work!
ridiculous129 chapter 45 . 11/20/2013
BRAVO, BRAVO!

Its ended! argghghhgh

This is basically the 7th Harry Potter book/movie for me :P

I still can't believe how great this story is, I hope it gets the hits it deserves, like I've said before, I think it has to do with the tags and search engine, the greatest HP fanfic on the internet should have 10k reviews!

Anyway, I'm a bit sad it has ended, but extremely happy I found it and was able to enjoy it the entire way through. You are seriously gifted, for the umpteenth time, er, I'm sure you arleady know that, but just wanted to make sure :P

The last part of this chapter sent chills down my spine, you just have an unbelievable imagination Loki, best of wishes to you in life, and thank you again for this masterpiece .
ridiculous129 chapter 43 . 11/20/2013
My goodness, I, just don't have much words for how gripping this chapter was, I don't know what else to say thats already been said, other than that you've outdone yourself time and time again chapter after chapter, youre just simply incredible, I am truly grateful for stumbling upon this extraordinary story of yours.

So thank you for producing this story, it really is the greatest I've read in my life, if I could I would shake your hand and hug you, I've practically smiled almost through the entire story, there were a ton of incredibly strong and touching moments as well, it just blew my mind how good the writing was, and how little hits it has.

Its really ridiculous, this is the greatest H/hr fic on the internet people possibly the greatest HP fic as well, again, thank you Loki.
ridiculous129 chapter 39 . 11/20/2013
Holy cow, she REALLY wanted Harry, lol, that was pretty hazy there :P surprised she didn't return the favor going down low!
ridiculous129 chapter 38 . 11/20/2013
I'm getting kinda sad, this fantastic story is coming to an end with only 9 chapters left :((

best story / H-Hr / fanfiction / writing ever, I'm probably missing more things that I'm not clever enough to notice, but you get the picture?
ridiculous129 chapter 37 . 11/20/2013
Great chapter, are you going to make Hermione cheat on Harry? lol, I like the interaction Hermione is having with Draco though, even though Draco is a bit OOC, and I don't think Hermione would ever see Draco as a friend after the terrible crap he's pulled.

But it seems to make sense for their situation, seeing as their both kinda loners that don't want to hang out with their groups, guess they have that in common. Can't wait to see Harry's reaction to Hermione's new friendship, lol, you also make it seem she has a bit of crush on Draco.
ridiculous129 chapter 36 . 11/20/2013
Such a writer you are, you've got so many personalities in that genius brain of yours, so many characters and ideas, you think like the characters that you are able to portray, and its mindblowing how good you are at it!

The part were they had to cross the bog, Harry figuring it out to apparate and than getting covered in mud by his congradulatory team mates anyway, haha, film makers should hire people like you!

and in the lockerroom, lol, I could definitely imagine Harry getting talked over by his older comrades, like I've said, you portray each character's personality so brilliantly.

Just the entire chapter is complete genius, the way you gradually show how stronger they all get and explain their rigourous training, and the combat Patterson showcased against the dummy, to the cave that contained Voldy's horcrux, you are just an amazing writer for the 100th time, greatest I've ever read from.