Reviews for Sweet Release
Visionairy chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Oh, this was just great! I really liked the idea that Sam was not himself during the past year. And, evil me, I liked Dean dunking Sam in the ice water to get him to come back to them.

I loved, "Dean enfolded Sam in his arms, running his hands up and down Sam's arms to warm him. "I promise you this much. We're doing it together this go round," he stated firmly. "I missed you, Sammy," Dean paused to swallow the emotions gripping at his throat. "Wasn't prepared for how much, but man… I- I missed you."

I'm so glad I 'risked' reading it. (Phew, I was scared! And a little worried about what was coming out of left .. wait, ... right field)

And, p.s. - I haven't had a chance to read your other story. Water pipe burst, and I've been swamped,literally and figuratively, all week. I cheated just to read this one. Can't wait to read it, though!
Shannanigans chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Very nice Karen! I would really like this to be on the show. Hopefully we will get some explanation AND change in Sam's behavior. :)
zoeysgirl chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Sooo good. I want sweet Sammy back!
Phx chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
This? Perfect. I would love for it to be something like this. Bonus points for protective and real big brother Dean. He's gotten a bit lost in the last two years... sniff, sniff. And I loved attentive and protective Bobby. Perfect.
SandyDee84 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
I loved this, and it's the first "something unnatural is wrong with Sam" fic that I've really liked. I hope they do something like this on the show, because then Samuel can really be the bad guy without there being another case of Sam being a poor judge of character. It would also totally explain why they took the Djinn.
ImpalaBabe chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Yeah, yeah the BIG question: What is with our Sammy...And you know what? I had the same idea! That grandpa "creepy" Samuel and his "Brady Bunch" family, did something with Sam. Okay of course it could be the aftershocks from hell, but in the SN universum the things never are this simple, well most of the time. I talked with some friends after the episode and someone said: hmm maybe they gave him something and I said, or they brainwashed him, or whatever. Sam is a damn good hunter but too emotional, maybe he was so broken after his downtime. When Samuel found him, he did "something" to "help" him? I also think the Campells are collecting the monsters they fight and make experiments with them. I mean suddenly there is are cure against the poison of djinns? Or they want to digest the powers those supernatural beings are having and create superhunters. A hunter who can change his look "shapeshifter" or can see good in the night "vampire" there are so many ways to play. And the best volunteer is in my opinion Sam!

I hope it will be something like that, because when Dean will find that out! Oh hell yes, this will be one big fun.

Your idea is gooooood and you put it in one fine short story.

Thanks a lot.
Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Awesome! I don't think it's too out there. There's definitely something wrong with Sam - it could just be after-effects of hell but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of brainwashing going on (really liked how you brought the Jin in, by the way).

Grandpa Creepy and the Campbell Soup Kids are definitely up to something. I don't trust them one bit (and to be honest, I hope those cousins get killed off. I can see Grandpa hanging round a bit longer, but I really just want it to get back to Sam and Dean. With splashes of Bobby and Cas - looking forward to seeing our angel again!)

Anyway, I'm rambling. The point was that I'd be totally keen to see something like this on the show. :)
zekeschance chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
I really liked your idea! Hmmm, could that be what's up? Love it!
mousefiction chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Aw, I really liked this. And your creative A/N. Great job!
QuierdoMusic chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
AHHH... I want that to happen..!

It was sooo beautiful.

:D Bobby is so awesome.

Bobby stepped back in the room, and tossed Dean a box. "When you two ladies are done with your Kleenex moment, get your soggy butts in here. Like Sam said, we got work to do."

Sam is so cute... and Dean is... ahh... back to his old self...

loved it!
buggyswifter chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Straight from your wacked out, muse beaten and slightly baseball concussed freaky mind to the powers that be who control what we see! If only things would play out like this. A little affection...a little emotion.

I wasn't too happy with the first episode this season. Did't like the emotionally distant Sam. Didn't like the Campbell family. I'm hoping they take the story in an awesome direction. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Thanks a bunch for writing this! That muse of yours is a dandy.

Regards - Amy
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Fantastic oneshot my friend! Ya know, being brainwashed would sure explain the difference were seeing in Sam wouldn't it. Why he's more of...let's hunt this thing and kill it type of guy now!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Must have been taken right out of my mind. Well not completely, but I'm suspicious of Samuel and his clan too. Don't think they are what they pretend to be. This was great. Brainwashing never crossed my mind, but it would make sense. Although I think Sam is so detached emotionally because of the trauma from hell. Can't be Sammy anymore, because then he would hurt too much. I like your theory better though, it would be easier to fix. Hugs, Vonnie
cold kagome chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
AWWWWWE.. SOO SAMMY WAS BRAINWASH... NOO.. POOR HIM... THANK GOD THEY FINE OUT TO HELP HIM.. LOL

LOVE THE BROTHER MOMENT.. LOL
Ladyhawke67 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
GAWD girl I needed that after Friday's episode! As usual, wonderfully written! Ummm, be honest, what did you think of the first season episode? I feel a little dejected by it and am just getting opinions.

Regardless, once again, another gem in your crown. Loved the story. I always look for your FIRST in my mailbox! : )

I'm addicted and already looking for more! (HUGS)
45 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »