Reviews for Sweet Release
hotshow chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
I loved this chapter. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks something is strange regarding the grandfather.

I think of Season 6 like being on a rollercoaster. It starts slow, you think this isn't scary, there's nothing to this ride and then suddenly before you realize it you are going downhill on the rollercoaster and it turns into a very scray ride. I think that is what will happen to Season 6 - it will start out slow, people will be wondering what's going on, but eventually, like with the rollercoaster, it will turn out to be scary and people will say "I never saw that coming" (like with Sam drinking demon blood).

Looking forward to more of your stories, as well as the rest of Season 6.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
AW THIS ROCKED!

Karen hun!

Such an amazing fic!

He did seem strange- and I don't trust cambell! :)

awesome ideas and amazingly written lovey!
Nyx Ro chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Yes! Thank you for writing this! It HAS to be something like this going on with Sam, it HAS to.

Poor Dean! He didn't realize that the price of being in a relationship is watching chick flicks- AND liking them. Someone should tell him that 'The Shawshank Redemption' is a chick flick. ;-D
angeleyenc chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
i like that theroy.. i don't trust grandpa sam either.. seems a bit suspious in my mind too.. hmm..
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Of course! He's brainwashed. That has to be it. Karen, love your imagination, I really do. Oh, if it could really only be so easy to get Sam back to well, Sam. Love this one. Thanks. Hope you never stop writing.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Thanks for giving the S6 opener the much needed boost of hope that a disconnected Sam can become our much loved Sammy again and also in giving back Dean the role of awesome big brother too. Lets hope this connection comes true as season 6 progresses!
Lexitag82 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Very well written piece of work. I'm a stickler for dialogue, and making it feel and sound like it's really the characters talking. I think you did an excellent job of capturing their voices. It really sounded like Dean, Sam, and Bobby.

The story idea itself is interesting too. There's definitely something up with Old Gramps Samuel and his band of Merry Men, and I like your take on it.

Normally, I try to add a little bit of constructive criticism at this point too, but honestly nothing jumped out at me. The grammar was good, the dialogue felt natural. Aside from the fact that the ending leave you wanting more (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)I think this was a well done story.

Kudos.
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Nothing would make me happier than for Sam to be under the influence-of something.

Because ...the alternative is unthinkable and would really piss me off.
clair beaubien chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Thank you! Evil or not, I don't like the "new" family. And I love that you had Dean call them Billy Ray, etc.

From your keyboard to the ear of whoever can (and will) give us our show back!
SassyLilPanda chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Karen, I love your stories so much! I love the twist on this one! Sam being brainwashed? I think that's an awesome idea! It just makes you wonder what on EARTH is going on this season! They keep saying "nothing is at it seems." But this here was so wonderfully written and it was our old Sammy! I miss him. I mean I kinda like this new cocky Sam in a way, but I miss our old Sam and I want the puppy dog eyes and the emotion back and you brought it to me in this awesomely well-written oneshot! I really hope you keep writing and write some goodies for Season 6! I'm loving reading them right now and was even more giddy when I saw you'd written one. Keep it up! You know I love your stuff so much!
LaylaBinx chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Aww! This was soo good! I'm with you though, I don't know how much I trust the new "family" -.-; They just seem...off to me...something weird. Great story hon! :D
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Loved it! Typical Bobby at the end. And Dean watching chick flicks? NOOOOOOOOO!

Say it isn't so!

LOL

Thanks for a nice roadtrip around the block.:)
cherry619 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
I'm not the only one who thinks Dear ole' grandpa is a might bit suspicious lol. I swear I thought he was brainwashing Sam too. There's something going on with him and the cousin clan. Great One-ShotCharity
aXforamnesty chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
ooooOOOOOo! OMG i LOVED this! fantastic idea and holy geez what a creative idea! that NEVER crossed my mind but I absolutely am thrilled that you put the concept together so well!

my praise as always! hope all is well with you! :-)

:hugs:
Marianna Morgan chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Did this come from one of our conversations? LOL

LOVE this! Sam definitely seems brainwashed - very Manchurian candidate, you know? Creepy. And I can definitely see Gramps being the one to do it. Loved the tie-in of him using the djinn's blood. Nice!

Loved the quick paragraph about Sam waking up alone and drenched in that field. If only we'd see that in a flashback at some point... *sigh*

"More like 'help I'm talking and I can't shut up' Mark." - LMAO! Like I've said before, that's EXACTLY how I see it going down at some point. He's too quiet, like he doesn't agree with what's going on but hasn't found his balls yet to speak up.

Gone with the Wind is my FAVE, and I love Legends of the Fall, too...it even has a little brother named Sam in it. ;)

And of COURSE I love all the h/c...touchy feely Dean is totally appropriate in this situation. Hug and comfort your little brother - then go kick some ASS! :)

Here's hoping something remotely this good will come to pass as the season progresses.
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3