Reviews for The Problem With Zuko
nahuelvera2 chapter 1 . 3/4
I need more, definitivamente.
Sylvia-Nightshade chapter 1 . 8/26/2020
Aaah how was this so good...
I actually felt a bit sick as the weeks were counting down, and definitely at the part nearly at the end because yes, I want Aang (and the rest of the gaang) to be set free, but I don’t want Zuko to die!
And then Toph comes in and saves the day and that relief was just amazing (like her).
Props to you for making me feel all this stuff — this story’s nothing short of a masterpiece.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/17/2020
This was amazing! For some reason Iroh hadn’t seemed out of character, like he could’ve been this way? And Lu ten!? Few fanfics I read on him made me love him, but here? I’m conflicted on what to feel about him here, lol. Like, he was good, is, but also not... just I’m confused on how to feel about him. Is there another story on this? Like, sequel!? Cause that would be AMAZING I’m in love with this :D
Singer Sira chapter 1 . 8/7/2020
This is a really great story. I love how different Iroh is, yet at the same time not OC, meaning that I definitely could imagine things turning out like this if Lu Ten hadn't died. It was Lu Ten's death that made him into the man we saw in the show. This is one of my favorite AUs now.
StardustOwl chapter 1 . 7/29/2020
This is literally so incredible. So so well written. I love it so much!
booklovingjunebug chapter 1 . 6/23/2020
This was absolutely amazing
Valiantlyjollynightmare chapter 1 . 6/19/2020
This was absolutely fantastic and you somehow made me love Zuko even more than I did before. Thank you for writing this masterpiece!
rach12901 chapter 1 . 6/19/2020
This story for me is a classic that I like to revisit.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/17/2020
Top hand zuko’s relationship was a bit different but I can’t say I didn’t like it. I wish there was more to this story.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/9/2020
This was really interresting, although having Iroh be the villain kinda broke my heart.
Loved Toph and Zukos relationship.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/23/2020
Very Intresting story but Iroh seems ooc as even when lu ten was alive Iroh was still pretty affectionate to Zuko as seen from one of the flashbacks of a happy iroh holding out baby zuko and in the legacy of the fire nation Iroh is showing Zuko fire. I really think that Iroh wouldn't be so cruel to someone he loved dearly ever since he was born.
LoveFromLiberty chapter 1 . 4/18/2020
Amazing story. The characters were perfectly written and and the plot was so intresting. Although it is implied that Iroh was similar (but not as bad) to Ozai and changed after his son's death, i still don't like seeing him or Lu Ten as uncaring leaders. Ozai's (and everyone else's) dismissal of Zuko is heartbreaking. I loved your pairing of Zuko-Toph (even though i love Zuko-Mai), Zuko's serious and Toph's i-don't-give-a-damn attitudes really match. I can't really see them as a couple but as friends (like they agreed on your story) they are great. I liked that Zuko chose the right thing in the end, and that the Gaang accepted him and returned to rescue him.
thewriterstory chapter 1 . 3/25/2020
Awesome read, loved it
Guest chapter 1 . 3/10/2020
This was really good. While I can't say I love the portrayal of Iroh and Lu Ten as bad guys and like to think that even if things in canon had gone differently, they'd be better than this; I realise that thsi is AU and that it's not exactly invalid to interpret them this way. Either way it works for the story. Which was excellently written. Seeing an older Zuko who never lost his innocence or sense of right and wrong was neat, and I loved his relationship/friendship with Toph.

Everyone in the gaaang was wonderfully in character and I loved the dialogue. Great worldbulding and descriptiosn too. :3
acochran5 chapter 1 . 2/12/2020
I started crying when I thought Zuko was going to die. Thank GOD he didn’t. Don’t do that to me! That would’ve been such a sad ending though. Beautifully written!